The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I don't know whether anyone has noticed I've not been around over the past 4 or 5 days, I have split up with mrs fp, I wont go into details but i reacted stupidly and did some stupid things as I wanted somebody's blood, 16 years wasted been with her since I was 18 when I got with her so my youth gone, I'm just looking at getting my life in order so may have to put motors on the back burner until I know how much cash I need to be beinging in to keep me comfortable.

Sorry to hear your news, if you enjoyed the time you were together then it wasn't wasted.

Let me get this right. The Landlord is an international arms dealer?

We all are. If the Government. Our Government. Made up of people elected by us.

If they, therefore we allow a defence industry to sell stuff to the rest of the world whilst taking tax and national insurance and bringing dirty foreign money into the country, then we all are benefiting from the sale if arms internationally, and therefore you average pub landlord is an arms dealer.

I don't know whether anyone has noticed I've not been around over the past 4 or 5 days, I have split up with mrs fp, I wont go into details but i reacted stupidly and did some stupid things as I wanted somebody's blood, 16 years wasted been with her since I was 18 when I got with her so my youth gone, I'm just looking at getting my life in order so may have to put motors on the back burner until I know how much cash I need to be beinging in to keep me comfortable.

Valentine's fucking day. It brings the worst out.

My wife and I had a 3 day argument, which MikeRs wife attempted to solve as mediator, but made it no better and maybe a little worse, but I'm a fucking disappointment to myself and my wife and I see the end of 29 years coming up fast.

The weekend before I thought it was all fine. Not at all.

Not often I agree with you, but in this case, we're arms dealers United in opinion.

I mean, I'd happily work for BAESystems on Things that kill, if the hourly rate is acceptable. Just need to know where your moral line stops. Wouldn't work for Nestle or any tabbaco company.

When I started at BAe Systems they only did commercial planes on that site, which was fine by me.

They later brought Military repair work in.

I decided that if I was asked to work Military I'd refuse.

Never happened, so all good in my head.

If it had happened would I have been listened to or sacked?

Am I an hypocrite, for thinking commercial was fine and military not, when it's all the same company?

I mean, I'd happily work for BAESystems on Things that kill, if the hourly rate is acceptable. Just need to know where your moral line stops. Wouldn't work for Nestle or any tabbaco company.

Yep,anything that Nestle sell is every bit as bad as a CV90,or a Typhoon.......

(Massive tongue-in-cheek btw, before anybody gets offended....or offended on someone else's behalf)

Always glad to be of help, it will also help to let any water out that comes in over the top from your sailoring type stuff you do.

On a different note, there should be a special place in hell for people who remove flip up headlights and replace them with cheap placcy halogen rubbish. Just seen a beautiful Mitsi GTO totally ruined by a Halfords fan.

Was it a facelift GTO? They didn't have pop ups standard.

Yep,anything that Nestle sell is every bit as bad as a CV90,or a Typhoon.......

(Massive tongue-in-cheek btw, before anybody gets offended....or offended on someone else's behalf)

I've spent too long watching the Mark Thomas comedy product on You Tube.

I'm convinced the marketing of formula milk to countries where water is barely safe and where the cost is a significant percentage of household income has had as much impact as any dictator propped up by western governments eager to exploit the rich minerals.

Not generalizing at all.

My old work transit. The view out of mu bathroom window currently with my new work van and our poor v70 in the background.afdcf82b2bafac8191c45516871f809e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Gunner in North Shields!  Used to go in there quite a bit in 1999, good to see it's still going strong.

No help with your problems sorry.

When people just wont say sorry when they clearly got something wrong :roll:

What's the point of saving sorry. Even if I could convince you I was sorry, you wouldn't ever forgive me, and would keep reminding me of my faults until such time that I do or say something else you take offence at, and then you have 2 reasons to scream in my face about how I'm ruining your life.

they have dug up the main road into town ,,,, its down to one lane with signals

the trains are also off .......which means more people are using cars  ....

and the replacement train buses are getting stuck in the traffic jam

all we need now is the rush hour

does this country get owt right

Fuck sake. Car won't start. Just keeps cranking as if no diesel getting through. No engine fault or immobiliser fault though. 2.0hdi 90 for anyone who may have ideas.

Probably the lift pump in the tank, Bub. If you can give the tank a belt with the flat of your hand, it may shock it back

Into life to get you started as a temp measure

What's the point of saving sorry. Even if I could convince you I was sorry, you wouldn't ever forgive me, and would keep reminding me of my faults until such time that I do or say something else you take offence at, and then you have 2 reasons to scream in my face about how I'm ruining your life.

I know exactly what you mean, and for what it's worth my decree Nisi was granted this morning so at least I don't have to listen to it any more.

Some people, like a certain former colleague, don't deserve forgiveness, and never will. 

That's what you get for giving me a nervous breakdown. 

They can burn for what they did. Still, reap what you sow and all that. 

Airport valet parking.

I understand I'm not the tallest so you may have to move my seat back a few inches for your drive to and from the compound, but do you really need to change the height, seat back angle, interior mirror, both exterior mirrors, dash light intensity and retune the radio to drive the bloody thing 2 miles?

Frequent grump for me that. And I am still not prepared to shell out a grand for the seat memory option just because some inconsiderate twit decides to drive my car to Terminal 5 while virtually horibloodyzontal. I caught the guy once. As he got out the car, he flipped up the lever to push the seat all the way back so he could get out. Radio had been changed and a memory overwritten, the car in sport mode and fag ash on the carpet. At least a quarter of the fuel gone too. Zeroed trip meter (screwing up my mileage log system). Disgraceful. Not what you need after a 12 hour flight and the M25 to do at 8:30 in the morning...

The ECU in the spares car is no good as it's a multiplex facelift model and mine isn't. He had it on reader and was coming up with immobiliser fault but nothing to do with transponder and key,throttle malfunction and something else. Also had trouble keeping car connected to the reader or the reader wouldn't find car. Apparently points to ECU breakdown or wiring to ECU. I don't have lexia to plug into to delve deeper

No way the aa would spend enough time , have enough knowledge to diagnose that roadside .

Ecu failure very rare

Absolutely. Never come across an ECU failure on one of these and I’ve fixed/flogged dozens of them.

To me, that smells of an earthing issue.

Disconnect the battery then check as best you can any earth points, especially around the nsf corner and by the ECU, then look for the large multiplug(s) where the engine loom connects to the loom through the bulkhead...disconnect them and check for any furriness or discolouration on any of the pins.

Clean if necessary and reconnect...all this and much more should be done before condemning the ECU.

By and large, the roadside lads do a good job under the conditions they work in...I’ve been there myself for a good few years...but their time on the verge is limited and many are under pressure to simply get the trickier stuff lifted and move on to the next lock out or flat battery.

What I will say is most of them would rather not tell you they don’t know the issue and will therefore suggest suspected ECU failure or similar...

I have somewhere a hdi 90 ECU that is tuned to 120 - if that is any good to you by it's your for free.

Code is

0281001978-09 EDC15C2 2.0 HDI

Check your code and if it matches I will have a dig about.

Are you sure that’s a good idea....that’ll properly finish his clutch off ;-)