The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I sometimes forget to nail down all the details when doing listings on ebay. I assume people can read between the lines and think like me.

Listed an old FORD crossflow lump on ebay for my brother. An hour before auction end the leading bidder pipes up with

'Is it alright if you put the engine on a pallet as some couriers will only take on a pallet'

Well not really because I put this on the last line

'It would be helpful to bring a friend as my brother will not be able to help lift it.'

Its my own fault but still very frustrating. Can see this one degenerating quickly.

Mates rates....grrrr!

Doing a shitey wee job (£40 in for me). Deal was next time I'm in you area etc, and they're 15 miles away. After time, fuel etc, then that's prob £20.

That seems to have turned into, 'we've ordered something from you and we want it now....but wait, we can't make ourselves available within your normal working hours'

You know what, feck off, we're not mates anymore.

I work for myself and work damned hard.

Compare and contrast the almost £3k of orders from normal customers today who understand business hours and have been lovely to deal with.

From now on 'mates' will be told to go do one, or pay full whack.

Monday evening rant over, lol.

My van was twatted in the pub carpark next door to where I live. The place is rife with drink drivers and the chances are they were drunk when they did it. How else do you not see a bright silver transit custom liveried up. it's not un common for workers to have a full 8 hour session and drive home. anyway there are no cameras and no one saw anything even though the smoking shelter is in the carpark and is always busy. The landlord is a nice guy and I'm canny friendly with him. Him and his wife along with a few staff are friends with me on fb. I put a massive rant on fb yesterday morning and none of them commented which is very very unusual. The normally have a bit banter with me. The landlord last night has even parked his car behind my van tonight presumably to prevent it being damaged again. Last week the landlords chief barman had his zafira pranged with £500 worth of damaged and our 2006 v70 has been hit no less than 7 fucking times!! Parking around here is very limited btw. What's the crack with the legalities of the bar people allowing people to drink and drive? Can anyone give me advice on what to do? To get in the car park you have to drive up a short stretch of our back lane and I' also worried of the kids getting injured walking the dog etc. Is it worth ringing 101? I don't want to appear to be a cunt btw and if I got barred I'd be fucked for parking and a pint.

Yep dodge rover had that at Darnell in Sheffield wagon on disel pump driver in it but waiting for his mate stocking up on yorkies so I get down side as I'm blocking entrance to other empty pumps.

Start filling then Yorkie boy comes sauntering across glareing & shaking his head, so I look back & say only lpg pump they've got, don't help when people do their shopping instead of vacating pumps like the signs say.

Sheepishly climbs in cab.

The co-op one near me is bad for this, always full of people putting a fivers worth of unleaded in then doing a weekly bloody shop afterwards.

My van was twatted in the pub carpark next door to where I live. The place is rife with drink drivers and the chances are they were drunk when they did it. How else do you not see a bright silver transit custom liveried up. it's not un common for workers to have a full 8 hour session and drive home. anyway there are no cameras and no one saw anything even though the smoking shelter is in the carpark and is always busy. The landlord is a nice guy and I'm canny friendly with him. Him and his wife along with a few staff are friends with me on fb. I put a massive rant on fb yesterday morning and none of them commented which is very very unusual. The normally have a bit banter with me. The landlord last night has even parked his car behind my van tonight presumably to prevent it being damaged again. Last week the landlords chief barman had his zafira pranged with £500 worth of damaged and our 2006 v70 has been hit no less than 7 fucking times!! Parking around here is very limited btw. What's the crack with the legalities of the bar people allowing people to drink and drive? Can anyone give me advice on what to do? To get in the car park you have to drive up a short stretch of our back lane and I' also worried of the kids getting injured walking the dog etc. Is it worth ringing 101? I don't want to appear to be a cunt btw and if I got barred I'd be fucked for parking and a pint.

The landlord is not allowed to serve you if drunk.

It would be good if the car park had a ticketing and barrier system, whereby, to get free parking, you hand in your keys at the bar. The in order to get them returned you have to prove that the 7 pints you bought have not impaired your abilities.

The landlord is not allowed to serve you if drunk.

It would be good if the car park had a ticketing and barrier system, whereby, to get free parking, you hand in your keys at the bar. The in order to get them returned you have to prove that the 7 pints you bought have not impaired your abilities.

I would have no qualms whatsoever about ringing the Police, drink drivers deserve the have the book thrown at them..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Drink driving is dangerous, selfish and criminal.  As far as I'm concerned, if the pub is consciously letting people drink and drive, they deserve to lose their licence.  I'd have no qualms about calling the Police.

They might be nice people - but they're also potentially encouraging dangerous and illegal behaviour.  It sounds like they've been bloody lucky to only have property damage occurring on a regular basis.  I'm surprised nobody has been injured.  And an injury or death wouldn't sit well with anybody's conscience.

Drink driving is dangerous, selfish and criminal. As far as I'm concerned, if the pub is consciously letting people drink and drive, they deserve to lose their licence. I'd have no qualms about calling the Police.

They might be nice people - but they're also potentially encouraging dangerous and illegal behaviour. It sounds like they've been bloody lucky to only have property damage occurring on a regular basis. I'm surprised nobody has been injured. And an injury or death wouldn't sit well with anybody's conscience.

Unless you make missiles and sell them to Britains allies so they can kill the innocent. That's fine.

I don't know whether anyone has noticed I've not been around over the past 4 or 5 days, I have split up with mrs fp, I wont go into details but i reacted stupidly and did some stupid things as I wanted somebody's blood, 16 years wasted been with her since I was 18 when I got with her so my youth gone, I'm just looking at getting my life in order so may have to put motors on the back burner until I know how much cash I need to be beinging in to keep me comfortable.

I don't know whether anyone has noticed I've not been around over the past 4 or 5 days, I have split up with mrs fp, I wont go into details but i reacted stupidly and did some stupid things as I wanted somebody's blood, 16 years wasted been with her since I was 18 when I got with her so my youth gone, I'm just looking at getting my life in order so may have to put motors on the back burner until I know how much cash I need to be beinging in to keep me comfortable.

Bad news, sorry to hear.

Really sorry to hear that mate, hope it works out as best it can for you.

My van was twatted in the pub carpark next door to where I live. The place is rife with drink drivers...Is it worth ringing 101?

Yes, absolutely, especially if you've got a registration number. Even if nobody's available to deal with it straight away, it always gets recorded as Intel and an eye will be kept out.

If it's more of a general thing it's still worth reporting, although I doubt there would be anyone available to sit up and keep a look out at closing time.

Report online if you don't want to sit in the 101 queue.

Does a Pela pump change the oil filter?

I know you are joking, but I have deep reservations about using the pumps, the bit they leave in is the bottom sludgey crap that is the main bit you want out of there. I have never used one a Nd don’t think I ever would. I guess they are better than no oil change, but for a small amount of extra effort I wouldn’t think twice about doing it properly.

Sad news, but don't consider it time wasted. It was 16 years of life. New chapters will bring new opportunities.

I know you are joking, but I have deep reservations about using the pumps, the bit they leave in is the bottom sludgey crap that is the main bit you want out of there. I have never used one a Nd don’t think I ever would. I guess they are better than no oil change, but for a small amount of extra effort I wouldn’t think twice about doing it properly.

Aye, there's an element of laziness involved for sure as I needed the Pela anyway to change the oil on the boat motor (no room to put a tray under the sump). I have also heard that a Pela can drain more oil than removing the sump plug, but I guess it depends on where the plug is - Not all are at the lowest point.

Commiserations fp, hope things start to pick up.