The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Blimey you sound like me and Amy over Christmas! Except they've changed her pills now and she's happy again...

Feel for you man, cook yourself a romantic meal for one then retire to the boudoir or something

She left roast lamb in the oven.

I have had a small portion and a bowl of corn flakes.

I'm putting it down to stress of taking her dad to the hospital and her mother ringing up to tell her she's changed the time, which means she can't have brunch with her friend and the fact that my Waitrose rose plant is in a grey pot and her hatred of potted plants.

Whatever.

I think I remember trying to give a girl my last rolo once.

Except I didn't like rolos, so I tried to give her the packet. She didn't understand. 18 months later I succeeded and we got together for a few days before she went on holiday. When she got back, I dumped her and she became a lesbian.

I haven't bothered with valentine's since.

Valentine's Day, bunch of fucking bollocks.

I'm cooking her tea, she's got a card that'll fucking do.

If she was a 20 year old Scandinavian blonde I may have a different attitude.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Mrs D and I do valentines properly. Bed by half 9 with this on Netflix

post-24583-0-62916900-1550181600_thumb.jpeg

They're doing some roadworks around the corner on the main road at the moment. When I went past tonight there was 6 blokes staring down a hole.

When I got in, found the boiler off due to ignition lockout. Tried the hob nothing. Gas is out.

Spoke to a chap who came around later and someone dented the gas main when digging. They don't know how long it'll be till it's fixed. As we have a combi boiler, no hot water. :|

Lost my bloody Oakley sunglasses. Y'know when you don't see something for a while then you realise so? Absolutely no idea where they could have gotten to. I fookin loved those things, they were the one really silly indulgent thing I have and now they're fucking gone. Seriously pissed off.

Lost my bloody Oakley sunglasses. Y'know when you don't see something for a while then you realise so? Absolutely no idea where they could have gotten to. I fookin loved those things, they were the one really silly indulgent thing I have and now they're fucking gone. Seriously pissed off.

Put a new pair on your tax return (if you are an outdoor worker) you can claim for 2 pairs a year (from memory) I go through about 4 pairs of cheaper ones.

I got my missus some ace flowers which she was over the moon with and some wine. Alas she decided she was very tired (to be fair she had a rough night last night with me snoring in her face) and needed to go to bed early

Ho hum, valentines drinks for one, cheers

40390431-9DF6-4DCC-A06D-EB405BDCF8C0.jpeg

You are quite sure you did not misunderstand "going to bed early"?

Sadly yes, it definitely wasn’t that sort of going to bed early lol

It was all perfectly amicable though, and to be perfectly honest I’m looking forward to a night in my own bed being able to starfish, snore, fart and breathe in any direction I like

Out valentines night is really Saturday, we’re going out to Miller and Carters for a steak which I am reliably informed is “to die for”

I found some Oakley crankcase in a jag xk8 I bought off a mate. They were in the cubby hole under the left armrest. He's never asked for them back in 3 years. Maybe they were from the previous owner.

I travelled for nearly 3 hours managing to avoid the Shit that is the m6, and walked in with my lame rose plant and shit card, and pretty much had it thrown back in my face.

Wife had cooked a 3 course meal, and decided that I have had enough chances to make it right and Valentine's day is the day that I should have put some extra effort in.

We didn't get past the first course. She packed a bag and went to stay at her sister's house. (MikeR's wife)

I have to agree with her. I put absolutely no effort in.

I drove her 240 miles each way at the weekend, to have a weekend away. Before that I was doing silly hours at work, but managed to spend an afternoon in a city to try and buy her a Birthday present for Monday. I saw some Valentine's gifts but I was in birthday present mode.

I didn't come home on Monday night because I was told to come home Tuesday for my birthday. I was led to believe that everything was fine on Wednesday.

For fucks sake.

My attempt to save our marriage by being nice and positive has not worked. It can't have helped that her mum phoned 10 minutes before I arrived home and fucked up her plans for tomorrow.

But no I take All the blame.

Sorry, chief, but the packing her bags bit has done you a favour. Don't initialise any contact with her and ignore her for a few days or a week at least. Hate to say it about someone else's relationship, and it's always sad when it's over, but it sounds very much like it's for the best. 

Sorry, chief, but the packing her bags bit has done you a favour. Don't initialise any contact with her and ignore her for a few days or a week at least. Hate to say it about someone else's relationship, and it's always sad when it's over, but it sounds very much like it's for the best.

Oh, I hear you. She came back about midnight saying she couldn't sleep at her sister's and telling me to remove myself from "her" bed so she could sleep in "her" room.

I slept in a spare room.

I say slept but I woke up a lot.

After her Dads hospital appointment, I'm hoping she'll be more reasonable.

But unlikely.

You, my pedigree chum, are in the most toxic of "relationships". It's abusive, it's damaging, and it's not on. There are no excuses. Actually, by apologising for her behaviour, you're probably confusing other men who might be in a similar situation and reading your plight. Please, don't normalise this shit.

Nope, I don't know all the facts. I'm not there. But I've read enough to know what's going on here and - because we've all got a bit of distance from it - can see the red lights and the alarms are loud and clear.

Good luck, and apologies for being so blunt.

i thought I'd take the Z4 out for the first time today. A few miles in I thought it's a nice morning I'll put the floppy top down. Of course it got totally stuck as it's not opened for 6 months and now wouldn't go back up so was stuck 3/4 down.

I had to come home (of course I have a meeting at 9.15 I'll now need to call into) and found when I put the KIA out on the street I'd left the front window open. Good job I came back really.

The roof has gone back up manually thankfully I'm hoping it just needs lubed and nothing has broken,

Turns out the missus had a terrible nights sleep and woke up feeling ill, so naturally I went round before work to take her temperature, ifyaknowwhadimean

As this was hungry work I stopped at a snack van on the way to work, only for some cunt to arrive 20 seconds before me with an order for the whole fucking county. So currently waiting here trying to resist the urge to throttle him by the neck until he stops breathing

You are Keith Lard AICMFP

I just googled that & still no idea, is it a TV reference?

Phoenix Nights. Genuinely funny and - if you’ve ever worked in social clubs - painfully accurate.

You shouldn't laugh but...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1320371/10000-damages-for-fire-officer-who-was-put-out-by-Channel-4.html

New POD, on 15 Feb 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

Oh, I hear you. She came back about midnight saying she couldn't sleep at her sister's and telling me to remove myself from "her" bed so she could sleep in "her" room.

I slept in a spare room.

I say slept but I woke up a lot.

After her Dads hospital appointment, I'm hoping she'll be more reasonable.

But unlikely.

She sounds horrific.

What are you actually getting out of this relationship? Apart from "treated like shit", obviously.

Heard on the radio this morning, primary school kids and others being encouraged to stay off school today because of climate change? Really, how will this help them learn and get a job? Total joke  :mad:  :mad:

They are protesting as there might not be much of a world left for them to get a job in once 90% of it is under 12ft of water. 

Maybe if they got an education they'd learn the climate goes in cycles & the probability errors in climate models is higher than the changes they claim to predict.

We as a species are doing massive damage to the planet, we should concentrate on preventing & fixing that rather than this myth which just exists to raise taxes.

Loads of oppprtunities of surfers and swimming instructors though!

Think of how marvellous for the planet the reduction in population would be if that was to occur - odd they aren't trumpeting that. Waterworld was a documentary wasn't it?

It's all liberal media spin, bollocks and hype, think our way or you must be a fascist/ brexiter/ football hooligan. Keep the people divided so they don't see through it vote us all out.

This is why I don't have a TV and find myself turning the radio off fairly frequently.