The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Doesn't sound harsh at all

I'm going through something similar with My Brother, He's 51 married with 2 kids at Secondary School and is a gambling addict.

He 'borrows' money from anyone who believe will his lies emotionally blackmails our 85 year old Dad into bailing him out with money Dad just hasn't got, makes family life hell to the point that Social Services are involved and excluded him from the family home for 8 days He'd been back 3 days following a promise to change his ways when he Stole the kids Christmas money that was hidden and gambled it away before threatening suicide yet again by text.

I can not bear to be in the same room as him with his whining self pity everybody blames me attitude He's destroying My Niece and Nephew's lives but just doesn't see it.

Over a period of roughly 15 years we estimate that he had lost just under £250.000

You sound perfectly reasonable to me, from a conversation with AA (I rang because I didn't know who to turn to next) unless some people hit rock bottom then they will never have a reason to change all the love, help and understanding will just enable them to carry on with their addiction, the person in question has been through private rehab twice paid for by the family and has driven one family member into 40k of debt so they can keep 'trying to change'.

Get the kids out of there and just cut them off

You sound perfectly reasonable to me, from a conversation with AA (I rang because I didn't know who to turn to next) unless some people hit rock bottom then they will never have a reason to change all the love, help and understanding will just enable them to carry on with their addiction, the person in question has been through private rehab twice paid for by the family and has driven one family member into 40k of debt so they can keep 'trying to change'.

Get the kids out of there and just cut them off

This is exactly what happened with my ex. Sometimes they are just beyond help. She's been on every course under the sun and nothing has made a difference. She lost her good job, house, license, me and the kids.

She couldn't even stay sober boxing day when I allowed the kids to go. She hadn't seen them for 2 months. My mother had to go and remove them when my ex's friend rang her at 3 o'clock saying she was totally 'blasted'. She never rings the eldest (ones 13 the other 6) and the cheeky cunt is taking me to court tomorrow because I won't let them go to see her. Over a telephone interview with cafcass the lady said the court would more than likely stop them going altogether. Alcohol is deadly in the wrong hands and it's very very easy to jump on the slippery slope.

There is an immense amount of banging coming from the vicinity of my stepdaughter's bedroom. SD is soundo. Wife is soundo. The pair of dickheads (cats) are soundo on the cat tree, heating is off. Where is this banging coming from? it's keeping me awake and I have to be up at 5am as on gritter call

Evil monkey in cupboard.

Will I sell my car for half the advertised price to some half baked botty rocket, even though it says 'no offers'?

Will I take £100 less and deliver it to Manchester free of charge to someone who types like he's put his fingers in a fucking industrial meat blender?

Where's the fella who's getting to mine at 2.00pm yesterday?

Oh, his mate's truck started smoking and he got pulled over for it being full of cherry.

Just had a chat with BT.

They want to increase the cost of BTSport by about 60% so I asked how to cancel it, by Chat.

After going through all the security etc I was cut off as it took over 2 minutes for me to answer his last question, even though he took over 6 minutes to answer when my broadband contract expired.

So I try Chat again and explain the situation. I was told that I had to go through the whole rigmarole again, fair enough in one way from a security point of view, and when I told him they they had just been given the info he cut the connection with a note to ring a UK number.

I guess that one of things they are judged by is how many calls they deal with so any excuse to cut a call helps keeps their numbers up and there's no feedback about the level of service, unlike Amazon, Amex etc..

The Frontera is a twat. Squeaking on the front if or course a lot quiter when I took it to the expensive garage down the road this morning for them to have a look.

One of the kids there messes with it and thinks it's a damper as it's so quiet. I had a look underneath and all the bushes look OK and there's no obvious leaks. Drive home, fucker starts squeaking again...

I think it's coming from the hub. I'll have to get the wheel off when I get chance just can't be arsed on my own and the month long manflu isn't helping.

Today is Founders Day at work, a celebration of the founding of Bacardi.

This means a long break and in the case of full time staff some sort of Proabition themed show/lunch.

Us agency staff have been ushered into a back room. Literally second class citizens.

I'm not even that fussed about the actual show or whatever but it's a bit grim to be doing the same job for less money, no proper contract and being segregated.

Bloody car designers.

Just spent 15 minutes changing a stop and a tail  lamp on an 11 plate Corsa.

Couldn't be the nearside oh no had to be the offside.Inside the inspection panel is the jack, wheel brace,towing eye and a screwdriver.All in little compartments inside an injection molded piece of hard foam.This foam is way too large for the inspection hole obviously to stop it falling out.Because of this wriggling it about here,there and everywhere to find the one spot where you can force it out without damaging it was a right pain.Customer was in the viewing area watching so I couldn't just break it had to be right.

Dry ball joint? May improve when wet?

That must be what it is. Can more grease be put in or do it need a new part? 

Unless there's a dedicated way it won't be very successful and even if it is, not in the long term. New part unless you're winning at luck. Rarely find the squeak too once jacked up as it's all sitting differently and the weight is off it.

Assume noises means that something has gone wrong.

It wouldn't make any difference.

She's had help, time after time. Every time she gets help she self destructs again.

I have my own responsibilities, my own children, and I won't jeopardise that for someone who doesn't want help. I know that sounds harsh, but that's the situation.

I lost my sister to the alco-hols..... 2yrs 4mths ago. I know I live a long way away and did the usual lectures when around. I forget the amount of times I was shouted at, screamed at, abused… on an evening and she had NOT A CLUE the next morning and was instructed to apologize by the husband. You and the others wanting to 'help' are in a no win situation at the moment. Until they hit rock bottom you're wasting breath and efforts…..

I'm sad to say my sister losing the boys to her other half was the breaking point - but she didn't come out the other side. I really truelly wish your sister the best of luck and hope your family can make it through the horror show.

There isn't a day I don't miss her and wish we could've done more - but sometimes you're just the passenger. Life does sometimes hit hard...……

Good luck fella. If you need to rant via PM - drop me a line. Open doors

My favourite firm but fair garage now dont open on a saturday apparently, so the Zafira is booked into a place ive never used before at 8am on Saturday morning... I now need to tell them to just test it and not do any work as I'll take it away to fix and try not to sound like a massive throbber doing it, and rack my brains to be super double safety sure that I've not forgotten to so anything on it!

Yep, this about a million percent correct.

You and the others wanting to 'help' are in a no win situation at the moment. Until they hit rock bottom you're wasting breath and efforts…..

I'm sad to say my sister losing the boys to her other half was the breaking point - but she didn't come out the other side. I really truelly wish your sister the best of luck and hope your family can make it through the horror show.

There isn't a day I don't miss her and wish we could've done more - but sometimes you're just the passenger. Life does sometimes hit hard...……

In old drug and alcohol speak the 'pre-contemplative stage' is a cunt.

People who ask how far Chester is from Hastings, or wherever. Tell you what, Dora the fucking explorer, I'll find out on Google whilst you sit on your fat arse getting ready to type '2 far m8' shall I? Actually, like bollocks I will, piss off and find out for yourself.

People who ask how far Chester is from Hastings, or wherever. Tell you what, Dora the fucking explorer, I'll find out on Google shall I whilst you sit on your fat arse getting ready to type '2 far m8' shall I? Actually, like bollocks I will, piss off and find out for yourself.

Tell.them.its.263 miles and will.take them through 2 border controls and they'll need to.sort out a visa and change money from.GReatbritishpounds to Greatnorthernpounds.

Also suggest that they will need to get a NOVA to register a car from.the NORTH with the DVLA and they might need to.pay for an SVA ($0uthern vehicle @pprov&l)

Suugest they use the train as driving up.north is HARD

Thanks to those who posted tips and solutions to help with my boiler problem. All very much appreciated. Fired it up first thing Saturday morning and it has worked fine just as it should ever since. I now doubt very much that the boiler itself is the source of my problem.I think it is much more likely that the pressure in the gas mains is the culprit. I believe that gas companies run with normal stocks of gas and are caught short by a sudden cold snap, which they find hard to forecast. Modern accountancy theory states that money tied up in stock is unproductive. So they are forced to get more supplies from Holland and Norway via pipelines and this takes time to restore the pressure in the mains. Being in the South West, the gas has a way to travel.

This problem only affects me for two days every year. So I have decided to buy a couple of oil filled radiators for the bedrooms. About £40-50 for two. This way, I get something for my money instead of spending it with a gas engineer who will tell me again the my installation is old, inefficient and should be replaced, when it works just fine 363 days a year. The living room has a four burner gas fire and that heats up the downstairs very quickly..

Sounds like a reasonable approach.

Until last year we had a Potterton boiler that was over 25 years old. Had a replacement fan and circuit board (at different times) but had been extremely reliable. Most engineers wouldn't touch it, simply wanting to replace it before looking at anything else on the system.

Struck me as rather like refusing to replace the indicator bulb on a Corsa B as the car was old, even though it had just passed an MOT. Boiler was only replaced as we had a move around and the boiler needed relocating from the kitchen to the bathroom.

Saturday I spent many long days (or so it seemed) on the phone to BT, sorting out deals etc and while I was on I asked to be transferred to the repairs and maintenance section. In the blink of an eye, I was on the  'sub-continent' instead of darkest Yorkshire where I spoke to a lovely chap who did alarming things to my TV by remote control. Having done the same, he declared my 'Youview' box to be fooked and a new one will be with you by Monday.

All jolly good and great apart from the fact that it didn't arrive yesterday nor this morning so I called them and spoke to a chap in the very deepest Yorkshire who sounded like he was in the same room as me with the LOUDEST VOICE EVER! Turns out that because I was doing two things with BT at the same time, they canceled the new box, for some reason totally unknown to me, the chap I was speaking to and common sense, in general, it seems BT cannot handle two operations at the same time but with different departments.

Rubbish