The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'll gladly drop some flowers in on your behalf if needed. I did manage royal to somercotes to Denby then back to royal in less than an hour when our lass was in too

As always you are a star mate, many thanks. We are off up in a an hour or so. Just trying to find out if she is still in the assessment bit or on a ward as it affects visiting hours.

Explain this to me, ye of financial wizardy .................recently opened a new [uK] bank account [always used my Jersey account  since I've been over here] checked my credit score, and in spite of having a goodly wedge of moolah in the account, my bloody credit score has gone down.................. 

FIL's Xantia has been written off by some unapologetic numpty in a KIA Sportage. No injuries to report and the old girl stood up to it very well, but is now totaled.

I shall be keeping an eye out for a suitable DERV estate to replace it for them soon I think.

Explain this to me, ye of financial wizardy .................recently opened a new [uK] bank account [always used my Jersey account  since I've been over here] checked my credit score, and in spite of having a goodly wedge of moolah in the account, my bloody credit score has gone down.................. 

Got an overdraft on the new account? taking out extra lending (even if you've not spent it) like overdrafts & credit cards can lower your credit score. Oddly not using it can be worse as it can be viewed to mean you're a 'flight risk' in that you'll max all the credit out & vanish.

If you run out of Cow Milk to make Coffee, try some Evaporated Milk in the cup instead. Will not suit everyone, but it works as a good substitute for us as Coffee addicts. 49 pence a tin in Lidl. It keeps for at least a week in the fridge.

It's nice in tea as well.

If that's not to your taste you can add a little water to evap to make it into normal milk.

Failing that pour on Apple Crumble. Or make custard with it - really rich & creamy 'creme Anglaise' can be made with evap. Or a rice pud.

Borrow some money, pay it back, rinse and repeat; an easy/free way is to get a credit card or two, spend using the card and always pay it off at the end of the month.

It's nice in tea as well.

If that's not to your taste you can add a little water to evap to make it into normal milk.

Failing that pour on Apple Crumble. Or make custard with it - really rich & creamy 'creme Anglaise' can be made with evap. Or a rice pud.

The only good use (and it is good) is to boil to make toffee and then banoffee

Just got my BT bill, one up massively so I rang them and spent ages getting a new deal from them, new payment £40.99 a month which is sort of okay. Put the phone down as it's all sorted and get an e-mail saying thank you for setting up your new direct debit to pay etc - £72.00 per month! Tried talking to them and Ijust got the runaround bt it should be sorted by the 5th.

Why so effin' difficult though?

Knock BT on the head and go to Plusnet.

Yes, I know it’s the same company but the pricing difference is remarkable.

At the garage, we were paying £78 a month due to business internet...now with Plusnet with a faster connection for £24 per month all in.

Home was £58 a month for 4.5mbs...now with Plusnet on 60mbs fibre to cabinet for £27 a month.

I'm thinking of Plusnet too. Youngest daughter is with them after I mentioned it to her and happy with them.

My BT bill is £84 a month.  I have no phone but the mobile is lumped in with the broadband and also BT TV.

It has been fine for the last 30 years in this house but since a failure a couple of months ago that took a week to repair it drops out briefly several times a day.

Just got my BT bill, one up massively so I rang them and spent ages getting a new deal from them, new payment £40.99 a month which is sort of okay. Put the phone down as it's all sorted and get an e-mail saying thank you for setting up your new direct debit to pay etc - £72.00 per month! Tried talking to them and Ijust got the runaround bt it should be sorted by the 5th.

Why so effin' difficult though?

Had a massive moan at Sky, now we have line rental fibre broadband and all calls for £31.99 a month, need to renegotiate in 18 months as the deal ends then.

Top marks to their Irish call center too for just telling it the way it is.

Last year, during the "Beast from the East", I suffered 2 days of my boiler not firing up due to the pilot flame refusing to stay lit. We were freezing. Since that time, the boiler has been no trouble.

Thursday and Friday were very cold days here in Devon, and once again, we suffered with no central heating. The same problem again, the boiler pilot flame refused to stay lit so no central heating. I am pretty sure, as the boiler works fine the rest of the year, that the problem must be down to low gas pressure in the main gas supply line to the house.

This morning when I got up, first thing I did was to start the boiler pilot flame and it lit up no problem. The boiler has run the whole day and the house is now toasty warm again.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem. I am pretty sure the boiler has no faults and I am reluctant to call in a gas engineer. The last one told me my boiler was old fashioned and should be replaced, even though no fault was found with its operation.  Gas engineers IMHO resemble Solicitors. They find reasons to charge you for **** all! (With appologies to any Gas Engineers on the forum)

remember in the past ...

you could walk into a buttie mine and just take " 1 beef nudger with salad please "   ..

and you got a 12 inch loaf stick filled with meat and salad ..in a white paper bag ...and money changed hands

now its ... white / brown / seeded bread ? ,  can I toast the sad little 6 inches of  bread  ?, salad ?  , dressing ?, choice of filling ? , cole slaw ? .......

just give me a FUCKING sarnie in a white paper bag !!!!