The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Woman next door keep shutting my cat in.

I have two cats, one she claims is nasty, fights with all of hers - he never goes anywhere near

- I'm guessing she's shooed him away at some point.

The other one is cute and she clearly encourages it inside.

She has nine cats of her own & claims that she's unaware that mine is in.

Then she mysteriously finds it & brings it home wrapped in it's own special blanket

I'm becoming very, very pissed off.

I've lived next door to her for 30 odd years, but this is the first cat to go in there regularly.

Last night when I went round to ask for it back again, her bloke said that perhaps I should 'have a word with the cat'.

She mumbled something about not being able to see when the cat's in 

And I grumped off saying something along the lines of,

'Try fucking looking for it then...'

I am also annoyed with myself for swearing.

I rang the RSPCA who unsurprisingly are totally useless. (I had dealings with them many years ago about an ill treated cow and stopped my regular donation as a result). They suggested that I contact the police as cats are property and the woman is stealing!

Anyone any ideas how to approach this?

ta

Yes, team up with my neighbour and you can both teach your cats to stop going into other peoples houses! Just poking fun. We have a cat but we also have to keep any outside doors and windows shut as the neighbours cats 'Deafy "deaf" Dave' and 'Princess peaches' daily make it their mission to slide on in. We were out for the entire day and came home to find Princess Peaches asleep on our 'new' sofa... I don't even allow MY cat on the sofa! I also don't even know how long she had been in the house?

And if they're not at it the other neighbours cat Archie is sneaking in to eat my cats food, although my cat is his mum so I kind of let it slide.

There are two issues to deal with here; neighbours and cats and to be honest I don't know how to deal with either so not much help, cheers.

Fuck my miserable life.

I'm on the ferry to dublin. It's an easy says work, however it's a shared cabin.

Last time i got lucky and the guy fucked off somewhere. Think he found a spare room.

Today, I am not so lucky.

I have a shower. I put on a t-shirt, jama bottoms and socks. My roommate comes in, top off. OK, maybe acceptable to do this.

What isn't acceptable is dropping his trousers and continuing the chat. I'm pretending to dry my hair and thinking. Is this a power move to kick me out of the room?

No, he just decides to wander about in his briefs.

If you don't hear from me again, I've been raped by the man in room 67.

You’d be no good in prison.

Son has got himself internally excluded from school for the second time in 2 weeks, any ideas on getting a 12 year old not to be a dick in school and actually follow instructions? Other than working one to one with him?

I threatened my step son (13) with putting him in another school following behavioral issues bought on by his choice of 'friends'. His smart arse answer was 'well, that wouldn't do anything because I know everyone around here' so my response was; I didn't mean a school around here. There was an instant dramatic decline in his educational tomfoolery.

I had spent a good hour waffling on to him about how he is destroying his only (free) shot at having a decent career in life and the rewards that it brings over dossing and being a complete dinkle. We'd also reached the end of our tether with him and his 'don't give a shit' attitude.

We've spoken to the school numerous times about this but their turnover of staff really didn't help, it is like they are solely focused on the kids that will help them reach their targets and the ones that need a different approach can get lost.

The schools communications are fairly dire, full of optimism with no long term consistency although he is on a report which his teachers score everyday, some can't be arsed but most do and then we report on it too with his attitude at home. He is trying and he is certainly improving. Detentions he was getting near on every day leading to isolation and he was just walking out of those, it was pretty tragic. I had one detention in the entire time I was at school and that was a class one!

Kids just want to be rich when they get older, he wants to be a mountain biker as his full time job... that's it, nothing else, just mountain biking. Someone is going to pay him to ride a mountain bike.  

I really, really do worry for the future.

That aside, he's a kid and he doesn't know what's around the corner so the main thing is to get him set back on the right path even if it means going against my traditional values and having to cut him some slack sometimes for the petty stuff but when he's slipping, all hell rains down. (His Mum does that bit).

My yearly finances spreadsheet is looking grim...

finances.JPG

Two of the people I know from college have just bought their first houses, £200k new builds, another is still saving up as they want something more around the £230k mark, they can all afford financed cars, gym memberships, Netflix, etc. I suspect I may be the group failure...

I don't even want a £200k house, I just want 2-bed semi with a driveway and a shit car, which is an inconceivable dream...

Welcome to my world.

My yearly finances spreadsheet is looking grim...

attachicon.giffinances.JPG

Two of the people I know from college have just bought their first houses, £200k new builds, another is still saving up as they want something more around the £230k mark, they can all afford financed cars, gym memberships, Netflix, etc. I suspect I may be the group failure...

I don't even want a £200k house, I just want 2-bed semi with a driveway and a shit car, which is an inconceivable dream...

So that's 3 people out of how many?

And how much is financed by the bank of mum and dad and by maxing out credit cards?

I really think you're been too hard on yourself - lets see who the failure(s) is/are when they can't get any more credit.

I don't see what you say is an inconceivable dream - I didn't buy my 1st house until I was 28 and lots of people start even later now.

To elaborate on my earlier post, I feel in the same boat as Cpt_70s.

I'm 31, though! I feel like I'm sitting by watching all my friends get married off and buying houses while I'm scratching about still unsure of WTF I want to do and no signs of a house or a partner in sight. My finances aren't dire, but still not enough to comfortably have my own place in this area.

All I want is also a smoll, shit house to keep my smoll, shit self and car at. A driveway would be nice, then I'd have the space to own more than one car!

Reason why I left bookfarce all those years ago... Every ones totally amazing lives they were all living. New dog, new job, new house, new kidz, amazing parties, on holibobs again but this time much more better, dinner cooked by a chef, new car, new this, new that, awesome this, can't believe how lucky I am to have such great fucking parents that...

And bookfarce knows when you are at the pit of your life being swallowed up in a toilet because it'll send you these airy fucking fairy reminders on just how well everybody else is doing EXCEPT YOU! 

You see, when people are miserable they do and buy all this shit and have to tell the world because it makes them feel better, eases the pain. THEY'RE STILL MISERABLE!

To elaborate on my earlier post, I feel in the same boat as Cpt_70s.

I'm 31, though! I feel like I'm sitting by watching all my friends get married off and buying houses while I'm scratching about still unsure of WTF I want to do and no signs of a house or a partner in sight. My finances aren't dire, but still not enough to comfortably have my own place in this area.

All I want is also a smoll, shit house to keep my smoll, shit self and car at. A driveway would be nice, then I'd have the space to own more than one car!

This brings back memories to me as I was the last one of my 'group' to get married, at 35. I didn't meet her until I was 33.

Until the kids came along it cost little more to live for the two of us than individually so we had a lot more money.

I had a parcel sent from NL once, but they used the post office there - Post NL. Unfortunately, when it got to the UK, their delivery partners were useless fuckwits YODEL, so they fucked about pretending the address didn't exist (house their 80+ years) then pretended to deliver it. Then pretended to lose it. Eventually it arrived back in Eindhoven with the sender 13wks later.

I got them to resend it with the Dutch PO, but this time to Ireland, as here they actually use the local PO to do their work. Arrived within 3 days.

Turns out my parcel has been in the post office over the road from here for the last fortnight, only I had no idea. Brilliant.

What happened to letting me know they failed to deliver? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reason why I left bookfarce all those years ago... Every ones totally amazing lives they were all living. New dog, new job, new house, new kidz, amazing parties, on holibobs again but this time much more better, dinner cooked by a chef, new car, new this, new that, awesome this, can't believe how lucky I am to have such great fucking parents that...

This.  Social media can be incredibly damaging as it can give the illusion - and usually it is an illusion - that others are doing so much better than you and living an enviable life, when the reality behind the scenes is often so different.

Fir coat and no knickers springs to mind for some people, giving the impression to the world that they're doing wonderfully with new car, exotic holidays and the rest, when in reality they're one bill away from losing everything and being kept afloat by parents and credit cards.

This.  Social media can be incredibly damaging as it can give the illusion - and usually it is an illusion - that others are doing so much better than you and living an enviable life, when the reality behind the scenes is often so different.

Fir coat and no knickers springs to mind for some people, giving the impression to the world that they're doing wonderfully with new car, exotic holidays and the rest, when in reality they're one bill away from losing everything and being kept afloat by parents and credit cards.

Very much so. Some people have always liked to show off, this is natural and gone on for millennia, its just much more easily facilitated nowadays and harder to see the full picture. Anti-social media has made self-promotion and publicity so much easier and all you see are the 'good' things people want you to see.

It is always worth remembering that 'an empty vessel makes the greatest sound'.

All very true.

My facebook feed is set up so it doesn't show updates from individuals (well, a very select few who aren't the typical empty vessel types) and thus it's just full of weird / shit memes and weird / shit old cars most of the time. It keeps me happy. I don't really post anything myself and just use it for messages and events.

It still doesn't quell the constant internal monologue of "what the fuck am I doing?!"

Top tip- LEAVE FACEBOOK.  It's pure poison.

Nah just use it properly.

Don't have it set to follow any friends & you don't see the rubbish. Then join groups you're interested in & get interesting stuff appear. My newsfeed consists of history all the way from pre-historic upto the cold war, aircraft, ships & bikes.