The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I don't want to, I just want to be able to afford the stuff I want. Namely a smol, shit, semi-detached house with a smol, shit, asbestos garage for my smol, shit car in an area where people won't hound me for being a smol and shit person.

Perhaps I'm just being grumpy and impatient. All my mates have been partnered up for a long while, I pay more in rent than any of them due to living alone and earn £10k less a year. Plus getting royally fucked over by location. I had to spend all of my student bursary/loan on transport as I lived 65 miles from the nearest college and I couldn't get a job because of living in the middle of nowhere and not being able to afford a car, and as there weren't many IT jobs in rural Banffshire where I lived after finishing studying network support at college factory work had to suffice and since then I've been stuck in that sort of role for the last 7 years.

I'm just irritated because I just turned 27 and in real terms I'm going nowhere...

I grew up in a combination of the middle East and semi rural Aberdeenshire. I chose a route that had many good and bad times, I now rent rather than own, hate my job and am looking at the very real possibility of redundancy because I refuse to subscribe to the idea that the process is more important than the outcome.

Probably doesn't help, soz.

Netflix is £6 month though, even I can afford that with my shit car habit.

Aha! But that's how they get you...you spend all your time watching Netflix instead of doing something more productive like fixerating or entrepeneuring...

'Autoplay next episode' will be the tobacco industry style lawsuit for Generation Z, probably.

Edit: Based on your follow up post the above seems a tad insincere.

If it's any consolation, I turned 40 last year and fully recognise now that I didn't really do much with the decade from 25-35 except piss what I was earning up the wall. I was doing fine but single, renting, overweight, in debt, etc.

The most important thing is that you can recognise what is frustrating you now. At the time I didn't so I just plodded along as a passenger until it dawned on me. Then I finally woke up.

I figured out what I thought I wanted and then started making small steps to make it happen. I didn't do anything too major, just started to do little things, like look at how much I was spending on food, cars, nights out. I started drinking a bit less, shaving, eventually, I even asked a lady out stone cold sober (she was my bank manager) and we are now married and have two kids, etc.

TLDR; you can do pretty much anything you want with some perserverance.

I changed my job, lost 5 stone in weight, got married, bought a house, got a dog, 2 kids, debts still here (because house) and I still drive shit cars but I'm a mile away from Mr Lost Decade now.

My yearly finances spreadsheet is looking grim...

finances.JPG

Fucking fine and dandy that spreadsheet. Two green boxes. Tis no problem.

/auldyinpatter

When I was 27, I rented a room, had 3 motorcycles, a knackered Reliant Regal and a couple of Reliant Kittens, and a 4k overdraft amongst other things.

17 years on: I still haven't bought a house and rent, down to one motorcycle, still have the same knackered Regal and a dozen other non-working cars. Oh and a trailer. Nae debt noo.

/auldyinpatter

Living the fucking dream so I am. All my mates have bought places bar one, who could, but can't be arsed.

Do I give a fuck? Naw.

Fuck my miserable life.

I'm on the ferry to dublin. It's an easy says work, however it's a shared cabin.

Last time i got lucky and the guy fucked off somewhere. Think he found a spare room.

Today, I am not so lucky.

I have a shower. I put on a t-shirt, jama bottoms and socks. My roommate comes in, top off. OK, maybe acceptable to do this.

What isn't acceptable is dropping his trousers and continuing the chat. I'm pretending to dry my hair and thinking. Is this a power move to kick me out of the room?

No, he just decides to wander about in his briefs.

If you don't hear from me again, I've been raped by the man in room 67.

post-23014-0-04492300-1548723062_thumb.jpeg

I posted the tax refund cheque for my Sov to my bank on the 19th, they promise to bank it the day they get it & the money isn't there yet. Looks like the pissed office have lost it then.

Great.

I wouldn't be shocked if those buying houses had been given financial support from parents/grandparents.

Netflix is £6 month though, even I can afford that with my shit car habit.

I thought we couldn't afford Netflix and then I looked at how much we spent on DVDs a month.

I don't want to, I just want to be able to afford the stuff I want. Namely a smol, shit, semi-detached house with a smol, shit, asbestos garage for my smol, shit car in an area where people won't hound me for being a smol and shit person.

Perhaps I'm just being grumpy and impatient. All my mates have been partnered up for a long while, I pay more in rent than any of them due to living alone and earn £10k less a year. Plus getting royally fucked over by location. I had to spend all of my student bursary/loan on transport as I lived 65 miles from the nearest college and I couldn't get a job because of living in the middle of nowhere and not being able to afford a car, and as there weren't many IT jobs in rural Banffshire where I lived after finishing studying network support at college factory work had to suffice and since then I've been stuck in that sort of role for the last 7 years.

I'm just irritated because I just turned 27 and in real terms I'm going nowhere...

To increase pay, just apply for new jobs.

When recruitment person asks you what you want to be paid, say twice what you currently earn.

Loads of fucking snow due tomorrow and I prob have to bring the k11 home too, fucking lovely especially as the gritters avoid the area directly where I live, and the council will ticket any fucker who dares park in the village centre.

A light FWD car with narrow tyres is the best in the snow.

What's engine braking like with a CVT 'box?

Can someone post that Kevin Bloody Wilson song please.

Knob coming other way doesn't pull over so get my door mirror smashed as they pass.

Daughter almost late for school due to traffic.

I'm an Hour late for work due to a traffic jam.

Nowhere to park, so end up parking like a cunt to unload tools.

Got to house, I'm working in the one with no keys just go in through the back door, except some bell end has screwed the fucker shut yesterday.

Get pissed off and kick the front door in.

Person shows up why have you done that we have keys. My reply of well why didn't you tell us 3 fucking weeks ago was not taken well.

Fix latch back together on front door.

Bah.

Loads of fucking snow due tomorrow and I prob have to bring the k11 home too, fucking lovely especially as the gritters avoid the area directly where I live, and the council will ticket any fucker who dares park in the village centre.

Wrong thread, this needs to be in the grin thread. 

K11's are brilliant in the snow. I had one in the big 2010 freeze and i never got stuck. Makes me want one again.

Son has got himself internally excluded from school for the second time in 2 weeks, any ideas on getting a 12 year old not to be a dick in school and actually follow instructions? Other than working one to one with him?

I'm in exactly the same boat with a 12 year old. Nice and sweet to people when he meets them but a complete arse to family and school. If you find the elusive answer please let me know

'ere granddad, it 2019 no nineteen canteen.

Blame the DVLA who still send refunds by cheque. My bank only offers the postal service or I need to try to get into a town centre designed to stop you getting near where you need etc etc

I'm in exactly the same boat with a 12 year old. Nice and sweet to people when he meets them but a complete arse to family and school. If you find the elusive answer please let me know

I was hoping you had come up with something! I honestly don't know what is goingvthrough his head it's almost like he can't relate actions to consequences at the time he is about to do something stupid. When he is thinking he's really a model kid :(

Meeting with the school on Thursday, hopefully they might have some ideas.

Can someone post that Kevin Bloody Wilson song please.

Knob coming other way doesn't pull over so get my door mirror smashed as they pass.

Daughter almost late for school due to traffic.

I'm an Hour late for work due to a traffic jam.

Nowhere to park, so end up parking like a cunt to unload tools.

Got to house, I'm working in the one with no keys just go in through the back door, except some bell end has screwed the fucker shut yesterday.

Get pissed off and kick the front door in.

Person shows up why have you done that we have keys. My reply of well why didn't you tell us 3 fucking weeks ago was not taken well.

Fix latch back together on front door.

Bah.

https://youtu.be/Ao5Kq0hJwzY

Best of luck to anyone who thinks getting married is a good solution to your financial problems.

Worked well for me. My wife is far, far more sensible with money than I am and helped educate me to the point I could get rid of years of stupid, unnecessary debt...

But, there are also times we've been horribly skint. As in, food is a struggle and visiting friends and family becomes impossible. It is not nice when funds are tight so certainly empathise.

Woman next door keep shutting my cat in.

I have two cats, one she claims is nasty, fights with all of hers - he never goes anywhere near

- I'm guessing she's shooed him away at some point.

The other one is cute and she clearly encourages it inside.

She has nine cats of her own & claims that she's unaware that mine is in.

Then she mysteriously finds it & brings it home wrapped in it's own special blanket

I'm becoming very, very pissed off.

I've lived next door to her for 30 odd years, but this is the first cat to go in there regularly.

Last night when I went round to ask for it back again, her bloke said that perhaps I should 'have a word with the cat'.

She mumbled something about not being able to see when the cat's in 

And I grumped off saying something along the lines of,

'Try fucking looking for it then...'

I am also annoyed with myself for swearing.

I rang the RSPCA who unsurprisingly are totally useless. (I had dealings with them many years ago about an ill treated cow and stopped my regular donation as a result). They suggested that I contact the police as cats are property and the woman is stealing!

Anyone any ideas how to approach this?

ta

Yes, team up with my neighbour and you can both teach your cats to stop going into other peoples houses! Just poking fun. We have a cat but we also have to keep any outside doors and windows shut as the neighbours cats 'Deafy "deaf" Dave' and 'Princess peaches' daily make it their mission to slide on in. We were out for the entire day and came home to find Princess Peaches asleep on our 'new' sofa... I don't even allow MY cat on the sofa! I also don't even know how long she had been in the house?

And if they're not at it the other neighbours cat Archie is sneaking in to eat my cats food, although my cat is his mum so I kind of let it slide.

There are two issues to deal with here; neighbours and cats and to be honest I don't know how to deal with either so not much help, cheers.