The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bloody next door neighbours (the ones we don't speak to... can't, they refuse to ever answer the door) apparently work for a delivery company.

Fair enough, I can put up with the comings and goings of the odd van. Until they parked the forking thing in front of our driveway.

Ten feet further from their house and they'd be between the double yellows and our drive...but would have had to walk an extra half van length. Lazy buggers.

Finally buggered off after about an hour. Good thing we didn't need to get out in a hurry.

This sort of thing causes me a disproportionate amount of stress because of my mental issues, as it very much makes me feel I'm not in control of my own space.

I really bloody dislike living in town.

Funnily enough, living in central Aberdeen this was less of an issue as I lived in a flat - my brain didn't have problems there as it accepted that my "territory" for want of a better term ended the moment I set foot in the communal stairwell. Here in suburbia those boundaries are less clear cut.

Bastard VM diesel engines. Fix one problem (stalls with fuel starvation at full throttle) only to now have it be bloody tricky to start. First issue was a design flaw in the fuel filter/heater assembly - connector could not stand the current so it overheated cracking the plastic body allowing air into the fuel feed. Replaced the filter housing and got one week of fault free running. NOW it won't start unless it is manually primed AND given just the right amount of throttle at exactly the right time. Once started, it runs fine...

Checked all the fuel lines for leaks - none. Led to believe the in-tank pump had packed up. A used one procured and fitted (tank removal and refitting a grievous affair)... and it's exactly the same. (Not surprising, really - the assembly that lives in the tank is just a filter and float gauge unit - there is NO in-tank lift pump. Grr. Bloody owner's forums guesswork).

Now banking on it being the pressure relief valve on the fuel rail that has failed. Cos if it ain't, I don't know what else to try...

Losing my rag with it and due to go on holiday in it on Tuesday...

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Back at work after nearly a week off with fever, that's two weeks off in the last three. Not in a good mood.

First customer of my shift gets into my car and the first words uttered out of his mouth are "thank fuck you're not a paki"

Well thank fuck you're not getting into my car you track suit wearing benefits vacuum. Have fun walking the three miles return to the all night off licence/petrol station. Oh, and it's run by Asians I took the liberty of telling them your description as I was going there for fuel anyway. And BTW, your address and phone number are now blocked from our company. I'm sure that your Lonsdale track suit helped you to jog the extra four miles to the all night Tesco.

Back at work after nearly a week off with fever, that's two weeks off in the last three. Not in a good mood.

First customer of my shift gets into my car and the first words uttered out of his mouth are "thank fuck you're not a paki"

Well thank fuck you're not getting into my car you track suit wearing benefits vacuum. Have fun walking the three miles return to the all night off licence/petrol station. Oh, and it's run by Asians I took the liberty of telling them your description as I was going there for fuel anyway. And BTW, your address and phone number are now blocked from our company. I'm sure that your Lonsdale track suit helped you to jog the extra four miles to the all night Tesco.

Liked for the pay back, not for his comment.

One hundred percent sure this will have been posted before but why is everyone on piston heads so fucking clever? And so supremely knowledgeable about matters of engineering when they're probably all marketing managers? Wish I knew as much as them lads...

I think it’s just a cross section of society today to be honest. There’s an eclectic range of people on there from morons to powerfully built director types that want to tell everyone that they’ve got a Porsche whatever.

You're not a stereotypical cabbie then?

As you say this sort of opinion should never NOT be challenged. Unless there are 4 of them and they have skinheads.

Well done.

Made my day to read this -- hope it was -5 and snowing!  

Props to you for calling it out and kicking him out.  I'd love to say I'd be brave, and I'm 95% sure I'd have done the same.  But I always have this niggling doubt that I'd just sit uncomfortably quiet and take his money.  Good on you.

Not suicide - but the Pilot of the Light Aircraft involved in the crash was an auto type friend. He ran a classic restoration garage in Overijse. I only got to know him through his daughter dating my mates son. I turned up in the Spitfire and he got chatting…….

Lovely bloke - great pilot too - took Byron up a couple of times and let him take control too! I didn't know him well enough - but really enjoyed Essen Classica with him and my heart goes out to his family. He was only down there to train a replacement…. student pilot and other instructor were also killed.

We just never know how long we've really got!

Minor grump from me. After a great break in France, I had to come back to blighty and actually do something. Great run (new record set, 14hrs 16 mins including Chunnel and stops) but got to the local village (3 miles away) and the snow started. This was the scene first thing this morning.

Why did I need to come back?  

post-5203-0-26438400-1548669293_thumb.jpg

You're not a stereotypical cabbie then?

As you say this sort of opinion should never NOT be challenged. Unless there are 4 of them and they have skinheads.

Well done.

Wirral has about 1000 private hire drivers. I'd say that 95% of us are white British. Of the Asian drivers we have I'd say that about 5 of them are utter helmets, which expressed as a percentage is about typical for the rest of us.

Mum told me this morning that their putting their house on the market next month, so all my stuff has to go ASAP... Great

Checked my documents for my new car insurance and I can't drive other cars 3rd party... Which is a bit fucking shit as I now cant drive the Zafira which I do from time to time to save moving the car seats about... Will see about adding me as a named driver, or just say fucking tough, I cant drive your car so you have to do x or y

ABS light on the 406 is random, investigations so far have been me pointing the wheels out so I can look behind it, and a brake pipe is twisted on the drivers side, which is bloody odd as it wasnt before... Will be the weekend before I can have a look in daylight so hopefully I won't loose all braking and die before then.

Having a bad day so far

Woke up this morning, its fair to say the missus isn't exactly a ray of sunshine first thing on the best of days but today started off with immediate bellyaching that i'd been snoring\breathing through the night.  Yeah sorry about that, it happens...my back was absolutely killing me too so when I got to work I wasn't exactly fully of the joys 

I get to my desk and there is an e-mail from my boss "could you please update problem record number blah blah blah" - kind of unusual for him because he sits directly opposite me and would normally just pop his head over for menial shit like that, so I look down the conversation history and there is an e-mail further down from someone on the service desk to my manager, his manager and his managers' manager...suggesting that I have not responded to his repeated requests to update this problem and can we 'give him a nudge' (there were no such e-mails, he hasn't e-mailed me at all since the 14th Jan, further more I have already e-mailed out the cause and resolution so everyone in this e-mail.)

So I replied to all suggesting that in future, if xxxxxxxx wants me to do something he can e-mail me directly, rather than going to management behind the scenes and asking them to tell me off..

I cannot stand this underhanded behaviour, if its really that important that your form gets filled out, hows about take the 2 minutes it took you to compose your little crybaby e-mail and fill it the fuck out yourself.

Took Chester for a walk early this morning, little sod decided to deposit his last night's nosh right by the side of a Mondeo. As it happened, the owner chose that precise moment to come out and for the briefest moment, I was expecting a bollocking... But no, the owner is a lass I know quite well and she has just got this Mondeo to replace the collection of Focii she has had for the last few years.

In the few weeks she has had it, it has broken down in expensive and serious ways three times - 58 plate diesel - looks like a nice car, but... Anyway, Chester decided to remove himself to the rear of her car to continue his depositing and as I was crouched down doing the 'poop scoop' she fired it up. I have never smelled anything so bad in my life! Surely diesels don't smell like that usually?

I could have objected to her timing as well but she was in a rush.

In similar and related news: Phoebe has hurt her bloody leg AGAIN! I may be partially to blame as I hurried her out of the door this morning and she stumbled, so now she is back to being a tripod. It is coming up to 'afternoon walk' time and she is going to want to go, but there's no way. I can't carry her and she will never make it into the car let alone out for a walk. Leave her at home where she'll be unhappy and sad, possibly thin I don't love her, or not walk Chester either?

Diesels shouldn't uut do smell badly on occasion.

I am smug and self-satisfied in that my old C5 (2003, 230,000 miles) doesn't pong nor produce clag of any description.  The only thing is a faint slightly alcohol like aroma (Isopropanol-ish).  Was even nicer on biodiesel.

I do see and smell many diesels newer than mine stinking the place up and sending black smoke signals.

Worst are Fords, Audis, VWs and BMWs.

Wirral has about 1000 private hire drivers. I'd say that 95% of us are white British. Of the Asian drivers we have I'd say that about 5 of them are utter helmets, which expressed as a percentage is about typical for the rest of us.

Right then, this is what you call a tread on eggshells post.

Now, our two most prolific bellend Asian drivers are also the most hard working/scamming and spend 18 hours a day behind the wheel. One has a silver Prius and the other has a similar Prius in black. As most of the other British-Asian lads also drive black or silver Priuses then almost all the shit they get is down to "mistaken identity". 

But as a white guy if I wanted to be in the bellend gang then I'd have to drive a silver mk4 Mondeo, shave my head and hide my PDA/Meter in the door bin before charging fare plus 20% on every job.

Took Chester for a walk early this morning, little sod decided to deposit his last night's nosh right by the side of a Mondeo. As it happened, the owner chose that precise moment to come out and for the briefest moment, I was expecting a bollocking... But no, the owner is a lass I know quite well and she has just got this Mondeo to replace the collection of Focii she has had for the last few years.

In the few weeks she has had it, it has broken down in expensive and serious ways three times - 58 plate diesel - looks like a nice car, but... Anyway, Chester decided to remove himself to the rear of her car to continue his depositing and as I was crouched down doing the 'poop scoop' she fired it up. I have never smelled anything so bad in my life! Surely diesels don't smell like that usually?

I could have objected to her timing as well but she was in a rush.

In similar and related news: Phoebe has hurt her bloody leg AGAIN! I may be partially to blame as I hurried her out of the door this morning and she stumbled, so now she is back to being a tripod. It is coming up to 'afternoon walk' time and she is going to want to go, but there's no way. I can't carry her and she will never make it into the car let alone out for a walk. Leave her at home where she'll be unhappy and sad, possibly thin I don't love her, or not walk Chester either?

Does Chester really need another walk?

If he doesn't I'd not walk him.

Sadly he has missed out as the weather has been shit, he's climbing the walls. Just taken him out and did leave Pheebs at home, all tucked up on the sofa with aduvet and another on the floor to make getting off easier/less likely to hurt herself if she tries. She seems okay now we are back and she's eaten her dinner, but she's not right. I worry daily how long I have her for.

Sadly he has missed out as the weather has been shit, he's climbing the walls. Just taken him out and did leave Pheebs at home, all tucked up on the sofa with aduvet and another on the floor to make getting off easier/less likely to hurt herself if she tries. She seems okay now we are back and she's eaten her dinner, but she's not right. I worry daily how long I have her for.

We've thought this with our eldest dog, who's about 18, for a few years now. He's blind and deaf but continues to go on, albeit not on walks now as he can't manage them. He still enjoys his food and cuddles though and wandering around the garden for a few minutes.

A parcel for me from Holland is long overdue. Emailed the company on friday, just read an email that the delivery was attempted and the parcel is now available for collection at the post depot. Er, which depot? And wheres the note telling me, that comes through the door?

FFS been waiting for this, was despatched on 15 jan, according to tracking info, its now with the courier.

Bangs head against wall.........................