The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Aye we had an hour or so of snow falling here, it's not settled at all & yet the traffic report has so many accidents you think every road turned to sheet black ice (it's hasn't it's about 4c out there ffs).

-6 here and we hd a blizzard all afternoon - so not the greatest for most. Snowtyres not a requirement here but I've got em as I was off to Germany and Poland recently. I stopped counting the cars off in the ditches after 15+ and I only have a 8min blast up the dual carriageway to my place…….

More last night meant everyone crawling along #fearofdeathiwillcrashandburnassoonasiexceed30 - useless fuckers.

I got into work - a grand total of 7 cars. - useless fuckers……….. etc.. etc....

My grump is that I'd love to enter another raffle,

I've far too many cars, the wife is armed and dangerous,

none of the current crop are automatic.

And worse than all of that, I can't make up my mind which one to put my money on.

Know the feeling. There's a nice Corolla automatic being roffled.. ;)

My grump is that I'd love to enter another raffle,

I've far too many cars, the wife is armed and dangerous,

none of the current crop are automatic.

And worse than all of that, I can't make up my mind which one to put my money on.

All of them, you'll never* win more than one roffle at once.

Just been to pick up Mrs Imps new car. She's been quite excited all day.

Got there and Harry who had arranged it had gone home. None of the paperwork is done and theres nobody there that can do it.

They ring him up and he insists we're collecting it on Friday. He doesn't realise he's on speakerphone and is being a twat about it blaming us.

The lad there and the other chap Mo were very apologetic and Imp Jr got a toy car but we still left without a real car.

Its apparently getting delivered to our house tomorrow at around 11, so I've had to work from home which I could really do without. It had better turn up, we need the car tomorrow evening.

Got home and my phone asked me this:

post-3133-0-92286500-1548275021_thumb.jpg

Don't think their 3.5 star rating will be going up after I've finished.

Just been to pick up Mrs Imps new car. She's been quite excited all day.

Got there and Harry who had arranged it had gone home. None of the paperwork is done and theres nobody there that can do it.

They ring him up and he insists we're collecting it on Friday. He doesn't realise he's on speakerphone and is being a twat about it blaming us.

The lad there and the other chap Mo were very apologetic and Imp Jr got a toy car but we still left without a real car.

Its apparently getting delivered to our house tomorrow at around 11, so I've had to work from home which I could really do without. It had better turn up, we need the car tomorrow evening.

Got home and my phone asked me this:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190123-190905.jpg

Don't think their 3.5 star rating will be going up after I've finished.

I believe their salesman get a bonus based on a review.... They hound you for a good one. So, fuck him over.

Out of pure laziness (and because I put £20 of pez in it the other day) I took the ML to work.

Went really slowly due to the ice and stuck to the back lanes, figuring less people to crash into and vice versa.

Anyhow, you know that but where you’re acing it and virtually patting yourself on the back for being such a mega driver? Well right about then I very very nearly spun out doing about 18mph round a corner.

My eldest bought a C3 from Evans Hallshaw.  I went along with her and was pleased to see that the salesperson dealt directly with her without even hinting that it had anything to do with me.

He was friendly, polite and very attentive.  Everything went smoothly and she collected it the following morning.

They phoned her a couple of weeks later to check that she was happy with the car and that no faults had come to light.

She crashed that one and bought the replacement from them with the same level of service.

Have to say that I was astonished after all the negative comments about them.

Must depend on the salesperson involved.

EH were an absolute joke with that telly as guaranteeing they'd pay more than WBAC. In the end (after 2 or 3 attempts to make an appointment with them, which they cancelled last minute) we arranged another one we had no intention of making and used WBAC instead.

EH's moving cars to your nearest branch is good though to be fair, my lad's VXR cane via that.

Not sure if this is quite the right thread, but I'm in a bit of a pickle work-wise.

I'm kind of 'wanted' in two roles within the same company.

One, my current job is a sit down office job with ok pay, may be going up a little soon. It is a bit stressy but I'm starting to get the hang of it. (I'm an Inventory Manager).

The other is a warehouse manager job, and the money is 'negotiable', so perhaps a few grand more. But it would be more physical, having to manage people and sort a shitshow of a team / warehouse.

I can do either, but I just don't know. If I went for the new role, I'd be dropping my current team in the poop as we are already a person down and my other colleague is struggling with the job and has had their probation extended twice.

Company-wise, it's a big company, so they don't mind what I do.

But of an odd grump as I've got a job and the chance of another, some don't have that luxury.

My eldest bought a C3 from Evans Hallshaw.  I went along with her and was pleased to see that the salesperson dealt directly with her without even hinting that it had anything to do with me.

He was friendly, polite and very attentive.  Everything went smoothly and she collected it the following morning.

They phoned her a couple of weeks later to check that she was happy with the car and that no faults had come to light.

She crashed that one and bought the replacement from them with the same level of service.

Have to say that I was astonished after all the negative comments about them.

Must depend on the salesperson involved.

My experiences with them have, without exception, been bad. Shiny suited salesman who didn't know what a timing belt was, and said that if it went it would be "covered under their warranty"....yeah, right..........

My sister in law, (MikeR's wife) phoned me yesterday evening to ask me to drive her to the Chinese takeaway.

Because she's not confident to drive in the Dark, ice and fog.

Now there is some untreated ice on some of the roads, There are street lights, and there is no fog.

It's about 3/4 of a mile and flat.

She passed her test in the 80s.

I'm not that grummy about being asked but It makes you think that there are people out on the roads who have no confidence and are shitting themselves just driving to Tesco in the rain