The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Fecking CeX: Ordered hard drive, received suspiciously light parcel today, open it, get invoice for hard drive, only to have the contents be a DVD collection of All the Small Things instead of a 500 gigabyte hard drive.

Can't blame them for their customer service though. All sorted for now.

My previous experience of hard drives from CeX has made me just buy new when it comes to hard drives.

She likes her sister's MX5 but would need to fit a boot rack and remove the useless spare wheel

FTFY. We used to go camping for a fortnight with no storage issues in my 5, they can store quite a bit on the parcel shelf too if you fit the boot net from a KA to keep it in.

Wife still in hospital. Lumbar puncture didn't go to plan. She has numerous injection marks up her spine and still no joy. Got to go in theater today or tomorrow to be seen by a spinal surgeon. Feel so lost without her. Feel lonely at home too. Spent 40 quid on petrol in last two days and now in debt with the petrol station as something went out my bank today leaving insufficient funds in the bank when I tried to pay on card after I'd filled up too. Fuck sake. Anxiety issues currently in overdrive

That's shit city, Bub, and you don't need me to tell you that. Wishing your wife as speedy a recovery as possible, and as MR says, it's bad enough when someone you love is ill without having to cover all these other fringe costs. FFS.

Debit cards are all well and good until some shop puts off processing their sales over the weekend; so you buy something on Saturday, check your account on Tuesday, so by Wednesday you think you've still a bit left in the account and then, oh look, suddenly there's a hole where there was some cash earlier. Yoink.

Happened to me a few years back where a place waited three months before cashing a cheque for £180. I know, I should have checked it'd been cleared, so it was my bad on that occasion - but I was properly up shit creek off the back of that.

Wife still in hospital. Lumbar puncture didn't go to plan. She has numerous injection marks up her spine and still no joy. Got to go in theater today or tomorrow to be seen by a spinal surgeon. Feel so lost without her. Feel lonely at home too. Spent 40 quid on petrol in last two days and now in debt with the petrol station as something went out my bank today leaving insufficient funds in the bank when I tried to pay on card after I'd filled up too. Fuck sake. Anxiety issues currently in overdrive

That's shit dude.

And I can sort of sympathise as Amy is at Jimmy Saville's playground right now with the boy. He fell out of bed and smacked his head on the floor, then when we bought him downstairs so he didnt wake Eva up crying he was sick... There's no stopping her when that happens so I just got his bag ready. By the time we did all that he put his own shoes on and ran to the car in excitement! Amys face was hilarious, but she still went

Zafira is making a clonking noise! Kerry from No13 sat with the kids for 20 minutes earlier and Amy took me for a spin. Hollow rythmic knocking noise at 35/40mph! Bastard! Drives fine though, can't feel it through the body. I spent 10 minutes literally beating the shit out of it to make it knock, jacked each front corner up and hung off the wheels every way I could, grabbed the old trusty shitter fleece and got under, nothing up at all...

So fuck it, MOT can be booked any time now, I'll lob it in and see what it fails on. ECP Happy Chinese BubbleGum & Automotive Manufacturer Corp whole lower arms are £20 each withouth the daily end of the world offer, that'll knock 3 likely things off in a strike. The new drop links have either transferred the fucked to the next weakest point, or it's just doing a vauxhall!

Gareth wants to change his car soon, I've been offered the Mazda5 for £100 or so...

Not the exhaust is it? [hollow rhythmic knocking...]

Daughter wants to go see this on Saturday:

Paugeot 207 cab

In two minds about it. Probably a better bet than her ruined Fiesta.  I'm wary of cabriolets with automatic rooves, so much to go wrong.

These are very popular at Cannock auctions, sometimes without the involuntary airbrake.

This may not be entirely helpful.