The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Daughter has just had her car written off on a roundabout.  Other driver's fault and has admitted it to police and her insurance company.  They won't be happy about it but is on public record now

Daughter's car was up for MOT on Saturday.  She gets a hire car and some cash to put toward a replacement.

Everbody walked away. Winner.

Flickr has pissed me off, over 10 years worth of uploads, somewhere in the region of over 30000 images have now been taken away from me unless I pay for a monthly subscription,

They haven't "taken" them away (yet). They'll start doing that from the start of Feb. Plenty of time and warning given to download them if you're not willing to fork out. You've got until Feb 5th before they start actively nuking the oldest stuff.

How much storage space in terms of TB/GB are you using? Their subscription rates are very reasonable in the grand scheme of things. I had a been a Pro subscriber for a few years for before they (Yahoo!) went bloody silly offering 1TB free - cost 'em money cos I didn't need Pro no more! Also you don't have to pay monthly, it can be an annual/biannual thing too IIRC.

Considering the amount of copyright material uploaded you shouldn't complain too much! ;)

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but just trying to put some perspective on it.

Fair enough, just frustrating as i still use it to upload photos from, amazingly though someone has been massively kind enough to donate me a years subscription! I haven't a clue who's done it but if it's anyone on here then thank you so much! It's really genuinely appreciated. :)

They're crusty but they're not difficult to see. I parked there knowing it was double yellows, intending to move my car shortly, thinking that because everyone else does it every day it would be fine. I'm not gonna even try and contest it.

Wasn't it Scary on here who had months of arguing about a genuine case of loading a guitar speaker whilst parked on DYLs? And that's a proper case of should be exempt. Not "Can't be arsed to drive any further I'll just leave it here" like muggins here.

No, I was loading in a loading bay...

I got an infection in one of my non-erupted Wisdom teeth 18 years ago. Actually got so bad I saw a dentist. Antibiotics cleared it up. He told me I'd better have them out as they would only get infected again. I've spent 18 years happily proving him wrong.

This is similar. It's actually the gum that's inflamed, the tooth hasn't fully erupted. I read up and saltwater washes or antibiotics should clear it up. The dentist told me last time if it happened more than twice I would have to have it out. I hadn't told him that was about the 7th time and this one probably takes us into double figures.

I don't really trust them as they told me about desperately needing a filling in another tooth. This was news to me so I declined. This urgent filling has never been mentioned in the 3 year and 2 x-rays since. I smell a scam.

No fuck him, you don’t want cretins like that living round you.

No, their not made welcome! They live next door to Lenny, who is the most grumpy twat ever, the one who polices the car park and blocks people in who park in his bit of dirt... He likes me though because I service his car, so he's a handy man to know!

So their fairly quiet, and mostly just deal weed. It's great fun arriving home from work, clocking one trying to silently walk away to his car and booming a big, cheery hello how you doing as I walk past

It’s a very sad day gentlemen. And ladies. Stop the clocks, lower the flags to half mast, and cancel all TV programming to be replaced with sombre music.

Today, I Parky, have taken the daily for its MOT and it.....has.....failed. I am ashamed. For the first time in my 11 year tenure of said Seat I have faced the humiliation of a failure sheet.

Fortunately it was because the sealing ring on the fuel filler cap had a small split in it which might have allowed fuel to leak a bit if the car was upside down. Fair enough. One replacement cap ordered for £6 and I can’t see it being a job to change considering it screws in and out when you fill it up. Other than that it was fine. Even the emissions were all bob on so it’s not all bad at all. Still a bit annoying though, I would rather he had passed it and made me promise to buy a new one ASAP, but instead it means going back later in the week to get it signed off.

£6 repair to get another years ticket isn’t so bad

Bah! After the dash across europe the rear brake pads are down to metal on the Saab and I am approximately 1000 miles from home! Parts in France are ££££, take ages and the store is the far side of Le Mans. Fortunately Bill at Saabits has come to the rescue and a new set are making their way down here. Of course, this is the first time I have forgotten to chuck a trolley jack in the boot so it will have to be the OE jack FFS!