The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Fucking Sydney Trains.

What a lot of daft cunts that couldn’t organise themselves out of a wet paper bag.

That is all.

fortunately wasn’t out and about yesterday but it was a bitch of a storm. Took out everything here. Power back on in 5 minutes internet 9 hours, land line phone has died - base station won’t boot. And only some of the wired network in the house is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like they need to go on a fact finding mission to Japan to see how public transport should be run. Exactly the same in the rainy UK.

I was watching a YouTube video of some young girl who blew AU$700k + ( :wacko: ) on a plot in western Sydney, principle mortgage loan kicking in putting her mother's home at financial risk. I digress. Apparently the commentator said it takes about 1 and a half hours from that location to get to the central business district. Yikes!

Last night was by far the worst journey I had ever had on Sydney Trains. I was trying to get from Circular Quay to Cronulla, 3 hours and 4 trains on a journey that usually takes 45 minutes on 2 trains.

It started with 20 minutes waiting at Circular Quay for any train that would take me to Central, then 30 minutes waiting for a Cronulla train at central because about 4 lines were all being directed onto one platform due to platform renovations, eventually a Waterfall bound train turns up so I get on it (Cronulla is a branch off the Waterfall line). Next we get to Mortdale station where the train just stopped, turns out the driver’s shift had ended so he buggered off home despite the fact that there was no new driver there to replace him! Que 45 minutes waiting until a train pulled into the other platform, I ask the conductor where it’s going, “Cronulla”, I shout down the carriage, “That train is going to Cronulla!”, the message is passed through the train and everyone gets off our train and onto the other one. Finally, when we get to Sutherland Station, the announcement states that this train is actually terminating here and you need to change for Waterfall and Cronulla services, which was another 30 minute wait but that train finally took me home. Utterly hopeless.

(Don’t get me started on Sydney house prices!)

fortunately wasn’t out and about yesterday but it was a bitch of a storm. Took out everything here. Power back on in 5 minutes internet 9 hours, land line phone has died - base station won’t boot. And only some of the wired network in the house is working.

It was indeed a bitch of a storm!

I’m up with friends in Sydney at the moment so was wishing I was home and out of the storm.

The fact that I cannot seem to convince the site/my phone's browser to just always use the desktop version of the site.

I find the mobile version almost unusable, so every time I first get here I have to go and click on the full version link or go into the menu to request the desktop site...

Yes, I could set the phone to always, always identify itself as a desktop...but that then messes up other sites where the mobile version does work.  Looks even more daft on the tablet.

Friends of mines car was reversed into by the guy across the road from them who drives one of those pickups with the aluminium beds. You can clearly see the dent on the car from the corner of the bed and parts of their red brake light were lodged in the corner of his pickup. He has flatly denied it and claimed someone else hit him that’s why there’s bits of red brake light stuck to his truck.

They called the company on the side of the pickup but they just said if he has denied it they won’t do anything. It’s properly messed up their car so badly the sliding door no longer slides back so there’s no way he wouldn’t have noticed it.

What a total shitty human, I wonder if I should pass the company details to Sheefag for a special call?

I don't know what their business is but there are ways to piss them off and cost them money.

Send them on wild goose chases for jobs, false addresses to give quotes. Report them for tax/VAT fraud (don't get caught doing that one).

The fact that I cannot seem to convince the site/my phone's browser to just always use the desktop version of the site.

I find the mobile version almost unusable, so every time I first get here I have to go and click on the full version link or go into the menu to request the desktop site...

Yes, I could set the phone to always, always identify itself as a desktop...but that then messes up other sites where the mobile version does work. Looks even more daft on the tablet.

Have you tried Tapatalk, Zel? I know some people don’t like it, but I find it makes using the forum on a mobile device significantly easier.

Have you tried Tapatalk, Zel? I know some people don’t like it, but I find it makes using the forum on a mobile device significantly easier.

Yes, I've tried it but was never able to get along with it. 

I very rarely find "simplified" interfaces easier for me to use, just how my brain works I guess.

I could probably put up with the interface here if it included the ability to do the image upload stuff without switching modes...oh, and the whole text reflow issue.  Having words spanning two lines like that makes me want to throw things at the screen.  Being able to zoom in on images would be nice too

Two reasons why I won't use it (and can assume others won't either) is the "enabled by default let's spam every post you make" line (see quote in bold) and the Google Play page for it says "Contains Ads".

So...two cuntish acts.

Autoshite is ad-free. Why use a third party app to inject ads into an ad-free site?

That's my fucking grump. This "treat you all like shit" or "let us spy on you" enabled by default in every app knowing most people are too stupid/lazy to ever venture into the settings to turn that crap off.

On-topic. I'm still fucking skint to buy a car so can only drool at the worthless chod on here.

Sent from my Desktop using Mozilla Firefox. :P

Friends of mines car was reversed into by the guy across the road from them who drives one of those pickups with the aluminium beds. You can clearly see the dent on the car from the corner of the bed and parts of their red brake light were lodged in the corner of his pickup. He has flatly denied it and claimed someone else hit him that’s why there’s bits of red brake light stuck to his truck.

They called the company on the side of the pickup but they just said if he has denied it they won’t do anything. It’s properly messed up their car so badly the sliding door no longer slides back so there’s no way he wouldn’t have noticed it.

What a total shitty human, I wonder if I should pass the company details to Sheefag for a special call?

There is only a solution, it is extreme, may cost a bit and best served in about 3 months time but I guarantee satisfaction, hire an identical vehicle and get show plates made up via ebay, place them on said hire vehicle and pass through several isolated but local speed cameras when you know the fucker is tucked up in bed. 

I have never done this, no really I haven't 

Two reasons why I won't use it (and can assume others won't either) is the "enabled by default let's spam every post you make" line (see quote in bold) and the Google Play page for it says "Contains Ads".

So...two cuntish acts.

Autoshite is ad-free. Why use a third party app to inject ads into an ad-free site?

You can turn the auto-sig off (someone asked me to when I started using it, and explained how, I can't remember off-hand but it was fairly obvious in the settings).

You don't get any ads on Autoshite but you do on other fora so I'm guessing it depends on the site settings.

10. I was going to fill up when I got off the motorway too.

That is pretty close but it’s usually the other way, when one the services was closed on the M40 we managed about 15 miles with the range showing 0 miles on our old Mazda. I thought they usually allowed about half to a gallon but not on yours obviously.

Was he ok?

Yes, but it could have been much worse.

The bloke was a walking disaster.

Nickname came from him running out of fuel with a full load.

I took him to hospital one night when he fell out of a lorry

And on another occasion he hit a wheelbarrow...

At 70mph, middle lane of the M1!

10. I was going to fill up when I got off the motorway too.

I don't think I've ever actually run out. However, my brother has, in a Volvo 480 that was showing a quarter of a tank on the digital fuel gauge. Wonder if these need resetting or reconfiguring every so often.

So...two cuntish acts.

That's my fucking grump. This "treat you all like shit" or "let us spy on you" enabled by default in every app knowing most people are too stupid/lazy to ever venture into the settings to turn that crap off.

On-topic. I'm still fucking skint to buy a car so can only drool at the worthless chod on here.

Sent from my Desktop using Mozilla Firefox. :P

It costs £5 a year to browse AS (and any other forums) ad free on Tapatalk, its a small price to pay and makes using the site sooo easy on a mobile or tablet.

I've run out of fuel twice once on a steep hill as the fuel ran away from the pickup / had to put 20l in before it would prime!

Once moving a slightly out of T&T XR3i to a place of repair, showing just over a quarter tank it conked out on the same hill in the opposite direction, once it had sat at the bottom it fired up and got home.

My picasso ran out at an indicated 37 mile range left. I was only around corner from home though.

Haven't run out for years, last time was in the Renault 4 at Washington Wildfowl Park, early 80's, baking hot day, car full of kids, had to walk for miles to get a can of petrol, wife never forgave me.

The C5's will both do 60 miles at least when the no diesels light comes on - have pushed it a bit further but always been lucky.

65L tank that I have managed to get 72L in on a couple of occasions.

I have to use twattatalk on my phone. The damn twattatalk banner that appears over the site doesn't vanish no matter how often I hit the 'x' and it covers the login button so I can't ignore it.