The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Mrs H's worst habit, in my mind, is playing music/radio plays on her phone. It's tinny so she has to have it so loud that it carries through the whole house. It sounds paradoxical but it would be less intrusive if she put it through the HiFi.

I also hate most aspects of Christmas and especially the music, which is an insult to anyone who likes music.

Absolutely.

Although it's not as bad as the habit of my boss' husband.  Apparently he likes to play hardcore gangsta rap through the Sonos system in their house without warning and with all the adult content unfiltered.  This would be fine apart from the 11-year old, 9-year old and 5-year old children and wife that hates gangsta rap...

as others said I Hope Mrs Bub makes a swift recovery

CT (and MRI) scans are fun*, at least on my last CT scan they had a screen for me to watch a movie from their small section I chose Pirates of the Caribbean

so i can* say "I saw a donkeys arse get thwacked with a orange hot sword during a CT scan!"  :mrgreen: (in my many MRI scans they offered some air based headphones to play music through which where about as use as a chocolate teapot once things started...)

The last MRI I had I'd fallen asleep by the time it started & they said they could hear me snoring in the control room. I took it as a compliment :)

Last time I had an MRI, I listened to Portishead.  Their second album, specifically.  In fact, the opening note of 'Cowboys' was the same note as the sound of the scanner...

That was both surreal and highly entertaining.  They are yet to confirm the presence of a brain.

Mine gave me the highly* useful diagnosis that my neck is fucked, yeah thanks. I knew that already its why I asked what was wrong with it.

My lower back is the same but I've given up with Drs now so have found ways to manage it myself.

How does headphones work in an MRI scanner? Surely the massive magnetic field not only buggers up the headphone speaker but also the metal content will want it to be pulled towards the torus?

Ah a quick Google shows they're air driven. Like how aeroplane headphones used to be, before headphones could be made for pennies.

Hermes.

Two different reasons for non-delivery of parcel that totally contradict each other.

Seems I'm far from being alone in having problems.

Hermes have gone ahead and delivered the parcel, so I'm going to ignore the rather odd reasons for the first and second delivery attempts resulting in failure.

However, the Collect Plus location, having received the parcel (and signed for it, luckily) and let the recipient know it is awaiting collection will now not release it to them as it "won't scan". Can only assume this is a failure of systems at their end. They are now talking about returning it to me.

It's a small grump in the grand scheme, but why does the simplest of things sometimes seem to end up being such a pain....

Just remembered I forgot to pay the bloody Dart Charge when I went to the South East gathering the weekend before last. That’ll be a demand letter any day now.

Arse...

i believe that the first nonpayment fie on a car reg will be waived if you phone them up and ask nicely - worked for me anyway ;-)

ps wait for the letter as when i forgot to pay i was told to wait for the letter before phoning.

I have been feeling 'under the weather' yet again of late: this time it is my COPD that is playing up and I, simply, cannot breathe! Get out of breath going for a pee and anything and everything has been a massive strain. This morning it seems I finally remembered that I have not used my fancy, once a day breath inhaler, atomizer, nebuliser thing!

Seems to be a fortnight since I last used it (supposed to use it every day at the same time). No idea why I stopped using it, it's sat there with all the other meds, though I have never liked using it as it makes me cough like a bastard, but I do always take my meds.

It will take a few days to get back in my system but I feel much better just for realising why I am so out of breath and so much worse for realising I am such a massive wanker!

Also (while I am boring one and all with tales of ill health) I had really bad earache the other day, not something I am prone to and to be honest, so long as I didn't touch it, it wasn't too bad, so I left it alone and felt sure it would be better, 'tomorrow'. It sure was but the side of my face was covered in blood and puss intermingled with other gore and unpleasantness. Seems an abscess had manifested itself and blown out all by itself! What a mess and I have been left with a crater in the ear and another just below said lug'ole that looks like a small meteorite has crash landed in the area.

if you really want to be put off your food :)

try eating under the Light of a Low pressure sodium Lamp, monochromatic yellow light so literally fuck all colour rendering properties, makes any food look like someone had an explosive lumpy shit all over your plate 

Absolutely.

Although it's not as bad as the habit of my boss' husband.  Apparently he likes to play hardcore gangsta rap through the Sonos system in their house without warning and with all the adult content unfiltered.  This would be fine apart from the 11-year old, 9-year old and 5-year old children and wife that hates gangsta rap...

He'll probably find that a Sonos doesn't play very well in a sink full of water, what a dickhead. The whole point of Sonos is you can play it just on the speaker nearest you...

RBJ. Very tempting mate.

The reasons: She's too young to move to the 'countryside', not ready to retire yet. She likes London. Need to sort PBK son out with a place.

Rather than perving on Rightmove...

Go see some places.

I’m very keen on the Peak District when it’s time for a change. Great value, lovely folk and an hour to Manchester or Sheffield. We were there just last week and the wife was very keen too.

Weirdly, in my industry, the pay is better in the North. I could sell a 3 bed detached here in Cambridge and buy a farm somewhere around Chatsworth - and still be in Manchester in about an hour.

Whilst I know and understand how Londoners love London; I see very little of the appeal.

Is anyone else tired of having Star Wars rammed into every facet of their lives?

I was born too late to witness the original releases but they were popular and did well, Lucas got rich off of toy sales etc and they would be repeated at Christmas and that was fine.

Then Lucas fiddled with them for the first time and I guess that was ok.

Then we had the prequels which IMO were awful but after a few years it was over with and we could go back to our lives.

Then we had even more fiddiing which started getting obnoxious.

Now we have the Disney Machine and fake prequel love, a release every year and merchandise of every conceivable type everywhere I look.

Problem being it's halfway between Manchester and Sheffield and full* on a sunny weekend.

True, but literally everywhere is ruined on sunny weekends, no matter where you go.

Be it a beauty spot, shop, pub, restaurant, whatever. All ruined by fairweather wankers who only seem to leave the house for 12 days a year and have no idea how to behave when they do.

Science fiction is absolute rubbish, so I just ignore it all.

On a similar vein to your gripes, Snipes, is that sodding Queen film everyone seems to be rattling on about. Rather eat dog shit and nettle sandwiches than endure watching some over-rated crap band.