The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Realise that, but I use it mainly to tow the stock car and trailer up a very steep drive!

I will stop doing this and use my wife's car instead. Actually we don't even have a stock car, but a new one is in the pipeline.

I wanted an auto, but this turned up at £600, I've had it 2-1/2 years and spent very little, hence the reluctance to get my wallet out as I know something else will then break.

Shall plod on and keep my eyes open for a diesel auto tourer,

They are vastly under appreciated cars the 75. The auto diesels aren’t very frugal but, with a clutch north of £600 to have it done for you, make better man maths sense.

In trying to reseat the telltale bulb for the hazards on the Princess I've somehow managed to burn out the hazard relay.  Or it was just an unfortunate coincidence that me putting a bulb in a holder was timed with the relay going kaput.  I've opened up the relay, it's literally burned the little wire inside, same thing happened with the old indicator relay too.  I should just avoid anything electrical I think.

Is anyone else plagued with harlequin ladybirds?

Yep. What I do is simply tape up any gaps in the windows. The occasional one gets in, a simple dustpan and brush and dashing them outside the window usually sees them gone for a while.

a couple of years ago, I hadn't realised how many there were, it wasn't until I looked behind the curtains to see how many there were how bad it was. A good couple of dustpans full and they were gone thankfully.

as I have some project ideas of building a realistic PC / X-Box car gaming setup which would involve using the dashboard and side trims and centre console (have a look on YouTube for car gaming setups). 

Yes I know I could use another Fiesta dashboard as they are ten a penny but I really want to use this one for the colour scheme.

8af47d35fa531867c109d72b552b9192.jpg

Yum, caramel colour. Am I mad in doing that?

Yes. But you must do it.  Also, I'm kinda wishing I had the space etc to do it myself. Looks good in a wife-will-never-approve-of-this way.

Guess which idiot got a new bank card, cut up the wrong old one and now only has a card he doesn't know the PIN for so can't login to online banking to get a new PIN sent? That'll be the same idiot who has never used telephone banking so hasn't set up a passcode for that to contact them that way either...

Fucksticks. I shall try again later when the phone banking is open.

if you cut up the wrong one i.e. your old one why should yhe PIN be different?

in fact why would the PIN change for a new card anyway? mine doesn't

if you cut up the wrong one i.e. your old one why should yhe PIN be different?

in fact why would the PIN change for a new card anyway? mine doesn't

Because I've got two current accounts (one gets bills taken from it & a single transfer in each month as I find it easier that way). Both had cards but I've no idea of the PIN for the bills account. So I currently have two cards for the bills account that I don't know the PIN for and no card for my normal account I know the PIN for.

I rung them & got it sorted, a new card for my normal account & a PIN reminder for the bills account is on the way. I explained what I'd done & the woman on the phone just laughed & said 'you're not having a good weekend are you?'.

How much do they cost if the DMF isn't knackered, that doesn't seem too bad if it's including a new one.

We had a turbo auto diesel ZT which shat the solenoids in the box with no warning giving us a £500 bill

90% of the time the DMF is fine.

The correct way is to take the box off, clutch change price around £1,000.

It can be done by sliding the box off a bit and maybe drop the sub frame a little for £600.

Some say this can compromise the fitting of slave cylinder and pipe, resulting in further problems later.

Also the master cylinder is under the dash, about '6 ft' forward. You can hardly see it never mind top it up.

Fantastic car when they work though.

Only been messing with computers for going on 25 years.

Just got essentially bitchslapped by the one I was working on this evening when my right index finger got into a fight with one of the case fans. The fan won. Blood sodding everywhere. How can such a small nick bleed so much?

Back in 2009 (ish) I built this system for a friend. It's the only lemon I've ever built. Despite all my efforts it was at best "annoyingly" unstable. No matter what I did to it, the darn thing would blue screen at least once a day. Stop codes were unhelpfully vague "something has gone wrong with a driver" ones which got me nowhere. Eventually it got stuffed into the loft when a laptop replaced it (something to do with moving four times in less than two years). Over the intervening few years it got scavenged - only things left in the case we're the motherboard and CPU. I tripped over it last week and threw it back together with random scrap bits and pieces, in the interests of curiousity I figured that if I threw Debian at it, it would at least give me something useful in the logs to tell me what was going on.

It's been running for nearly a week now and hasn't even hiccuped once. Go figure.

Then it bit me this evening. Ow. Just sorting the fans before sticking the case back together.

What do you bet that if I stuff it somewhere out of the way and start it on number crunching duties it will *then* start playing up...

Had a drink on Saturday night and still feel mildly ropey even this morning, not cool....It's official, I've now entered two day hangover country and this seems to be business as usual for me these days, I didn't even drink that much FFS. 

Maybe it's an age thing? I used to be able to dust myself off after 3 hours sleep post bender and get on with the day like nothing had happened, these days the consequences just don't seem to be worth it anymore.

Had a drink on Saturday night and still feel mildly ropey even this morning, not cool....It's official, I've now entered two day hangover country and this seems to be business as usual for me these days, I didn't even drink that much FFS.

Maybe it's an age thing? I used to be able to dust myself off after 3 hours sleep post bender and get on with the day like nothing had happened, these days the consequences just don't seem to be worth it anymore.

If you are drinking 3 pints a night every night, your system is probably tolerant enough to drink 8 pints in one night.

If you drink one pint every week, you probably will be pissed after 3 pints.

Yup, I don't really indulge through the week so that may well be a factor.

As mentioned it's not like I even drink herculean quantities but it seems all too easy to induce a pretty grizzly hangover, any more than a couple of glasses is  too much. Seriously thinking about going t-total TBH.

bb9819435f23413e3fa6f0d3af27fa69.jpg

So this happened

Is a 255 50 19 space save gonna bollox up my 4x4 system other wheels are 255/55/20

Bear in mind it’s a Range Rover and that a moth flying a bit too close to it sets off some sort of warning light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn't run it further than you absolutely have to in order to get that fixed.

Personally I wouldn't run it further than you absolutely have to in order to get that fixed.

Found a massive screw in the couple of month old Pirelli ( In the side wall so no repair), £240 quid later got a new tyre. Not the easiest size to get either.

Need to sort a proper sized spare of a different space saver.