The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Look at the fucking state of this

post-4462-0-61315700-1539467215_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-70017200-1539467242_thumb.jpg

someone has had a major leak as this went on for about five miles, it was like driving on ice. what really pissed me off was that while most of us were pootling along at 30mph, several dickheads weren't happy with this and went bombing past papping their horns.

I called it in to the police as someone was going to get in trouble sooner or later.

(avoid the A977 from Kincardine to Kinross for a few days, especially if you have shitty tyres like I do)

I did Latin at grammar school. Bellum, bellum, bellum etc. Anyone else remember Ecce Romani?

(Edit: yes you do. Read the thread properly now).

Posting here because my probably broken rib /still/ hurts, four weeks on. If you're nearly forty and the oldest person at the stag do, just don't fucking well play the zorb football. Sit at the side and drink your beer like a sensible old man.

, just don't fucking well play the zorb football. Sit at the side and drink your beer like a sensible old man.

I was at one point convinced I could successfully* Zorb down the Huka falls in New Zealand and I could start a new extreme sport doing so.

Older and wiser heads said successful would be coming out alive and wouldn't lend me a Zorb to try it. Spoilsports!

I was at one point convinced I could successfully* Zorb down the Huka falls in New Zealand and I could start a new extreme sport doing so.

Older and wiser heads said successful would be coming out alive and wouldn't lend me a Zorb to try it. Spoilsports!

They were right! I'm glad you're still alive.

I did Latin at grammar school. Bellum, bellum, bellum etc. Anyone else remember Ecce Romani?

(Edit: yes you do. Read the thread properly now).

Posting here because my probably broken rib /still/ hurts, four weeks on. If you're nearly forty and the oldest person at the stag do, just don't fucking well play the zorb football. Sit at the side and drink your beer like a sensible old man.

I, isti, it, imus, istis, erunt...

IMG_5600.JPG

IMG_5601.JPG

someone has had a major leak as this went on for about five miles, it was like driving on ice. what really pissed me off was that while most of us were pootling along at 30mph, several dickheads weren't happy with this and went bombing past papping their horns.

I called it in to the police as someone was going to get in trouble sooner or later.

(avoid the A977 from Kincardine to Kinross for a few days, especially if you have shitty tyres like I do)

Arriva don’t hold the bus routes in your area do they? So many of their shitheaps used to drip diesel around North Kent and Medway

I'm not sure about buses but it would be an obvious diversion for high sided vehicles if it's too windy for them on the Forth bridge. I was more annoyed at the recklessness of the other drivers when it was so bloody obvious there was a problem.

I'm not sure about buses but it would be an obvious diversion for high sided vehicles if it's too windy for them on the Forth bridge. I was more annoyed at the recklessness of the other drivers when it was so bloody obvious there was a problem.

Never over estimate the collective intelligence of the motoring public..............present company excepted, obv.

I did Latin at school too. It was possibly the most useful thing I did at secondary school, but that's not saying much.

I did geometric and engineering drawing grade A at O level. Got 98 % in the mock

This one subject has been more useful than half of what I was taught on an Engineering Degree and is something that 35 years later is still useful to me everyday.

Latin ? What BALLOCKS is that ?

attachicon.gifIMG_5600.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5601.JPG

On our journey back north yesterday, we did notice 3 people had fallen off the road in the rain, maybe oil / diesel spills had something to do with it?

First was at a roundabout at the edge of Dunfermline. A Corsa had gone straight into the concrete block at the end of the armco separating the two sides of the dual carriageway while coming off a roundabout. The front was totally stoved in. Occupants were standing next to it and looked unharmed though.

Then, just round the corner, the M90 sliproad was closed and had police vehicles plus a recovery wagon on it, dragging something out of the barrier.

Then on the sliproad down into Perth, one lane was blocked by a flatbed dragging a Yaris out of the hedges. The Yaris was facing completely the wrong way too.

it was pretty dicey in the 107, bumbling along at 30 in second I could spin the wheels if I planted the throttle :)

the slightest touch of the brake pedal had abs going mental. the tyres are all legal but in need of changing, I'll bung the winters on next week.

The current shape Transit van has no fuel cap. Some of them are over three years old so they're getting through the MOT like that too. Ford claim they have a clever double flap system that keeps the fuel in, but it doesn't.

Pretty much all modern Fords have this setup and have done for a few years now. Find it hard to believe it doesn’t work

TT "fixed".

VAGCOM gave this.

896fbc6db8610708fd5468ab7a4bafc4.jpg

Google said removing the motor is straightforward.

5 bolts to remove the glovebox (one was missing) presented me with this.

01b4acf630623c7a09859c402c4490ba.jpg

Disconnecting the connector, pull a tab down and twist the motor. Motor drops out the bottom.

925989e6bbb09c38ff331763a989875b.jpg

Leaving this.

2d9474ad9cb4ea5658b6d211ec32e257.jpg

Crap was up in the hole.

179ba5afc06bb8672eb62edeb83f163b.jpg

Motor spun freely. Disconnected the motor connection that goes onto the hedgehog.

682d4ec2faca872b87dafc552a1c04c5.jpg

Attached to power pack.

[Video]

Seemed to work alright. Put car back together. Fan works fine now...

At least it was easy to remove. Some cars require the whole dash apart. I guess VAG made it easy to remove, as being a VAG part, it's probably a consumable... :mrgreen:

Bloody thing. Apparently giving the footwell a good kick gets them going again often. Usually the brushes worn out. Never had this problem on a car before, at least not a car that's only 10yrs old.

Being VAG the part is shared with a million other models, so cheap(ish) and readily available brand new.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F251653534300

Silicone will only allow it to pool up the water leaking in. Just delaying when it'll leak. Cause I've tried that before! :D

I have been chasing a leaking conservatory roof for three years and three months now. Of a quiet evening, I can hear the fucking thing laughing at me.

Cometh the day, I’m taking it down myself. With a wrecking ball.

SiC, if it makes you feel better I've just discovered that the wall between the landing and my bathroom appears to be made out of structural newspaper with a skim of plaster over the top.

RasJZlH.jpg

(vintage copy of the guardian for extra Totterdown points)

I can't top that but after picking a bit of paint lifting on the bathroom ceiling, the job has ended up a fair bit bigger.

c596997ced8c12804931c4ab4c842b6d.jpg

8c07f65954c4a9719f2ab46c48d3f7c3.jpg

99cb8112fffac8f0c73e6d1b425f36d9.jpg

A bit of Dyson abuse. Don't tell Beko!

a587b47446ca2bcdb316cdc25989d634.jpg