The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Darwin’s theories in action.......

They can't have one of his awards though as they've manged to breed already.

There really shoud be an IQ test for breeding.

Im back to full time work after having the summer off.

A new colleague has joined us - technically a former colleague - as they were hear a few years ago and have come back.

I share a small office with them [and another]. The problem is that they are very, very fat (got to be at least 25 stone) and they stink. Not b.o., more like a rotting smell. Anyway they also slather themselves in perfume,  which is even more annoying as it makes wheezy. The room honks.

Not sure how to deal with it - jobs too good to leave!!!

Difficult one , can you think of any songs with the line " sweaty arse crack " start singing it then they might get the subliminal message without you having to confront them

We will definitely be looking into things like that once he's back in the country. At this point in time though we've no idea what level of support is going to be needed. Heck, they've not even confirmed to us for definite that it was actually a stroke yet!

Just backing up what many have said here, and I can confirm from genuine experience that shanghai has incredible hospitals and doctors.

Sincerely hope all goes well. I will be in China for the next 3 weeks - i would offer any assistance with lingo/arrangements but shanghai hospital staff have a better command of English than most of us on here!

I won’t be in shanghai, but can be if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Fiat Punto with its hazards on, in lane 2. Must have been done sudden and serious FTP, right? As we squeezed past, cars edging onto the rumble strips to let L2 traffic to straddle the white line, we got a good view of the problem. Chummy boy was FIXING HIS WINDSCREEN WIPERS.

Admittedly it was drizzling but that road has laybys every couple of miles, and a massive flat grassed area next to lane 1. This bellend much preferred the idea of simply stopping in the right hand lane, popping his hazards of invincibility on and fettling his car right there. Oh, and it was under an overbridge.... I'm almost convinced he did it there to keep dry.

Presumably if time allows tonorrow he'll be found replacing a headlight bulb with his car parked diagonally across the M6.

I went past this guy at around 5ish on the way home from Middleton Cheney. He'd pulled over onto the centre divide between the A43 and the on-ramp from Silverstone.

I think they may have  also been hacked in May - someone got into my BA account and paid for a flight to Montreal with my Visa card, just before I went on holiday.

Visa were great, BA atrocious - I ended up speaking to 3 or 4 different 'help' line people who's command of the English language left much to be desired.

I mean how complicated is it to understand I've been charged for a BA flight that I haven't booked through my BA account? I even had their payment reference.

Had a lovely experience last week. Just opening the shower door when suddenly everything went black. Opened my eyes back up and I was lying on the floor. Blood pouring down my face and my wife leaning over me asking what happened. It was at this point I also realised I had a shower door lying on me. And a colossal headache.

The top hinge on the door had cracked (which obviously shouldn’t happen). The heavy glass door then pivoted forwards (because gravity) before finding my forehead made an acceptable buffer. Something else cracked was an expensive porcelein tile on the floor. A quick google revealed that two years ago the retailer had issued a recall informing customers that the hinge could break and to contact them for replacements but I hadn’t been informed.

Upon speaking to customer services I realised that people are, on the whole hard working and decent but completely constrained by “process”. The upshot is ten days after contacting them the replacement hinge hasn’t been ordered or issued. The reason? Because I was injured and property damaged, they need to get a lady called Moira to look at my case. And despite having my name, address, home number, mobile number, and email address, I am apparently not contactable as she has apparently tried several times.

I am thinking a quick chat with someone asking if I have “had an accident and not your fault?” Might be in order here.

The top hinge on the door had cracked (which obviously shouldn’t happen). The heavy glass door then pivoted forwards (because gravity) before finding my forehead made an acceptable buffer. Something else cracked was an expensive porcelein tile on the floor. A quick google revealed that two years ago the retailer had issued a recall informing customers that the hinge could break and to contact them for replacements but I hadn’t been informed.

35617727_626815591030945_748862585541807

Doesn't sound fun Parky. You must stink too after two weeks without a shower....

Luckily the bath is fine.

Called them again today for an update, only to be told this time that “if it’s a recall then you need to go to the store” so I repeated the story again and this time the lady understood. Also reluctantly gave me the head office address (apparently she shouldn’t because of data protection, I said fuck right off, it will be in your company report and accounts on your website, you are just saving me a minute or two or googling - unless you want me to mention your name in the complaint letter?”)

Anyway despite the replacement part not being ordered, guess what was just delivered? Yup, the wrong parts. Despite telling them the name, model, serial numbers etc, they still sent the wrong thing. Also the replacement parts are supposed to be metal, I have been sent plastic ones. The type that shouldn’t be used because they aren’t up to the job.

I won’t mention their name for fear of affection any legal claim but its a major store rather than an independent

Working in old empty shops with assorted flats above....

Shop been unoccupied for years, To Let sign hanging off, piles of final demands for utilities behind the creaky door, everything broken and damp. New tenant decides a brilliant idea is to open up again as a takeaway and wants the electrical installation checking. Great....

Lookin around at the spider infested wiring* in the basement was proof enough that it was around 40 years old and a mess. Pulled out a fuse marked up as 'downstairs toilet lighting' as a start in actually verifying what did what.

Five minutes later, hammering at the creaky door.

"Hoy, you, are you the electrician with the van? I live in flat 7c and me telly has just gone off"

FFS.

Replaced the fuse and left. Next week is going to be a long one.

Working in old empty shops with assorted flats above....

Shop been unoccupied for years, To Let sign hanging off, piles of final demands for utilities behind the creaky door, everything broken and damp. New tenant decides a brilliant idea is to open up again as a takeaway and wants the electrical installation checking. Great....

Lookin around at the spider infested wiring* in the basement was proof enough that it was around 40 years old and a mess. Pulled out a fuse marked up as 'downstairs toilet lighting' as a start in actually verifying what did what.

Five minutes later, hammering at the creaky door.

"Hoy, you, are you the electrician with the van? I live in flat 7c and me telly has just gone off"

FFS.

Replaced the fuse and left. Next week is going to be a long one.

sounds like fun  :mrgreen: iv come across miss wired stuff within a single bulding before but miss wired to the OTHER flat is special :)

but if you want something positive

(pun unintended...)

40 year old basement eh? anything special lighting wise? People have found some proper rare lighting in abandoned buildings and such

if you happened to come across anything marked "Atlas" "Mazda" "Thorn" "Ekco" or "GEC" or such lemme know with pics if possible :) (Osram is another but that that brand has been in constant use since 1909ish so its a bit hard to tell whats old and what is not without getting a picture)

sounds like fun  :mrgreen: iv come across miss wired stuff within a single bulding before but miss wired to the OTHER flat is special :)

but if you want something positive

(pun unintended...)

40 year old basement eh? anything special lighting wise? People have found some proper rare lighting in abandoned buildings and such

if you happened to come across anything marked "Atlas" "Mazda" "Thorn" "Ekco" or "GEC" or such lemme know with pics if possible :) (Osram is another but that that brand has been in constant use since 1909ish so its a bit hard to tell whats old and what is not without getting a picture)

Will bear you in mind... Plenty of old tat.... Err.. rare stuff may be found.

Aviva.

Is there a bigger waste of time company out there at the moment? I doubt it.

There is actually. Can't name them as Mrs Beard is actually employed by them until 28th September. She has handed in her notice.

They only exist to exist. Like something dreamed up by a madman.

In the field of education by the way.