The grumpy thread

outlaw118

A boat.  He's buying old headunits on eBay and he's bragging about owning a boat.

Bless.

An 'as new' double DIN head unit, but yeah.

It was made in passing, but the inference was clear. Working so hard to own a boat. YEAHHHHHHHH!1

Bet he's one of these aggressive self-made psychoanalyst businessman types that haggles over everything 'to get the best deal.' He's got 'all the answers' and if you haven't come up the way he has or don't work for yourself 'you're a waste of space' and 'don't want to succeed enough.'

Give me fucking strength.

TT didn't start first time again this morning. Even the second time it felt like it didn't want to run. :neutral:

It's been doing it for a while. I hope it's just the battery is getting weak or something.

Mrs SiC also reports there is a ticking sound when running too. I noticed it a bit lumpy when idling - admittedly the engine was cold.

Probably fine... Or its giving warning it's about to shit itself... Or just old VAG car "quirks"...

what you need is a nice dependable non DPF diesel like a honda civ.......oh hang on :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EE can get in the fucking sea

Received a red letter today threatening to cut off my service due to an overdue balance - yet the direct debit payment was processed as usual 

Turns out when I ordered a Mobile Broadband device last month, there was a £50 deposit for international roaming that they didn't mention anything about when ordering and doesn't appear on any bills / paperwork / etc.

Arseholes

….Bet he's one of these aggressive self-made psychoanalyst businessman types that haggles over everything 'to get the best deal.' He's got 'all the answers' and if you haven't come up the way he has or don't work for yourself 'you're a waste of space' and 'don't want to succeed enough.'

Give me fucking strength.

Is yer man related to Jeff Bezos in some way?

EE can get in the fucking sea

Received a red letter today threatening to cut off my service due to an overdue balance - yet the direct debit payment was processed as usual 

Turns out when I ordered a Mobile Broadband device last month, there was a £50 deposit for international roaming that they didn't mention anything about when ordering and doesn't appear on any bills / paperwork / etc.

Arseholes

EE are dire.

They sent me text on Christmas Day saying that I hadn't paid my bill despite evidence from my bank balance saying otherwise.

Rang up to kick off and they barely apologised. They'd also cancelled my payment plan, then reinstated it for one month only, then cut my service off because 'no payment had been received'. Got it reinstated only for them to fuck it up for the second time before a third-level escalation got it set back up again.

I received no compensation or an apology for what they had 'done.'

Is yer man related to Jeff Bezos in some way?

I'm only guessing, but I bet you I'm not wide of the mark.

I don't have the aptitude to run my own business; I tried and I failed.

You know what? Even if I was successful I wouldn't brag about it.

Another vote for ‘EE are a bunch of scamming arseholes’. I have enough examples that I can’t be bothered to list them out because it would even bore me despite the simmering rage I still feel towards them, but it includes them denying that they ever offered the unlimited data offer I thought I’d signed up for three months beforehand even when I sent them a scan of a newspaper advert for it (‘you might have photoshopped it’ - what, into an old copy of the Metro then printed it out and scanned it?) and inventing cancellation fees that weren’t in my contract, ignoring all requests for them to point out where it was (‘I’ll get a supervisor to call you back’) and then, when they eventually offered to refund it ‘as a goodwill gesture, because we should be charging you it’, it taking six weeks before they put a cheque in the post.

Anyway, this got me today:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/southampton-star-mario-lemina-hit-with-uk-s-biggest-speeding-fine-a3927391.html

Now, I quite like the idea of fines for stuff being income linked, but:

‘He also got 18 points on top of the 21 he already had on his non-UK licence, leading to a year’s ban’

How the sodding hell do you have to get 39 points on your licence before you get a ban?

A boat.  He's buying old headunits on eBay and he's bragging about owning a boat.

Bless.

'Boat' in this case probably a £17.99 3 man rubber dinghy straight off Rhyl parade.

The fiancee decided to have a chat at me about talking to her and basically not carrying on like she doesn't exist.

Being nice and romantic.

Still none the wiser.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Just tell her is practice for being married.

"Is it a caravan?"

Someone on eBay once asked if a bass guitar I was selling 'was a bass guitar' - then had the brass neck to tell me off for being rude.

To be fair, my response was 'use your eyes and look at the images.'

Not far off. "any damp" was the best one when the second line of the advert was "leak from roof vent"

Students are back, thus the onslaught of stupid support calls about individual personal devices being a bit squiffy on the wifi is also back.

My job is to look after the infrastructure and the corporate devices, yet the double standards at my work also mean I get utterly humped with all these sort of calls. For some reason every single call like this gets assigned to me as I've become the unofficial wifi guy. I spend half my time during term wandering around halls of residence with a laptop and some survey software just to tell them no, student, the problem is not with our seven-figure wifi infrastructure that took countless hundreds of (my own) man hours to install, it's your device. However that answer isn't good enough and doesn't help the 'student experience'

99.9% of the time it's the student's own fault for failing to follow the instructions properly. We do sometimes get the odd access point that goes down, admittedly. However rare that is.

I have an interview next Friday. Still in Aberdeen, so part of me isn't hugely excited, but part of me will be massively glad to get away from the university environment.

Students are back, thus the onslaught of stupid support calls about individual personal devices being a bit squiffy on the wifi is also back.

My job is to look after the infrastructure and the corporate devices, yet the double standards at my work also mean I get utterly humped with all these sort of calls.

No, student, the problem is not with our seven-figure wifi infrastructure that took countless hundreds of (my own) man hours to install, it's your device. However that answer isn't good enough and doesn't help the 'student experience'

99.9% of the time it's the student's own fault for failing to follow the instructions properly. We do sometimes get the odd access point that goes down, admittedly. However rare that is.

I have an interview next Friday. Still in Aberdeen, so part of me isn't hugely excited, but part of me will be massively glad to get away from the university environment.

Their devices? Phones? School here doesn't allow a single one. I'm their IT support when IT support is bodging its own 3 figure air conditioning unit.

My job is to look after the infrastructure and the corporate devices, yet the double standards at my work also mean I get utterly humped with all these sort of calls. For some reason every single call like this gets assigned to me as I've become the unofficial wifi guy. I spend half my time during term wandering around halls of residence with a laptop and some survey software just to tell them no, student, the problem is not with our seven-figure wifi infrastructure that took countless hundreds of (my own) man hours to install, it's your device. However that answer isn't good enough and doesn't help the 'student experience'

Good luck with the interview:)

Tell WiFi folk that their device needs a factory reset..