The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Stupid inaccurate dimensional drawings. Just bought a pair of new speakers for the front of the van, having carefully checked that they would fit. Do they hell. A good 2cm deeper than on the drawing. Result? They don't fit in the boxes - about 5mm too deep.

Guess I'll be making a spacer tomorrow then...

I'm generally a placid guy. I try not to let anything get to me. However yesterday I was sat on a coach behind a lad (20-ish) who was playing some war game online on his phone, with a few online mates, with the speakers at full volume. All I could hear was machine gun noises and the online group of them chatting tactics, shouting obscenities and the like.

I kept my displeasure bottled up, and as I prepared to alight at my stop I was internally congratulating myself for rising above it.

As I walked past his seat I turned to give him a suitably tough Paddington stare and instead, without planning, knowledge or control, my mouth told him that if he ever did that again on a bus I was on I would post his phone into his skull through his eye socket.

I was quite surprised I did that.

Feckin' incompetent shites at KwikFit. Last week, they booked* the CX in for its MoT to be done this afternoon. Only, it turns out they didn't. I turned up dead on time only to be told "computer sez no".

Shower o' bastards. I'm trying again on Monday morning.

Bet they tell you you need two rear "shock absorbers..."

Vet fees.

While out on her first walk this morning I somehow managed to stand on Memphis's right rear foot.  She yelped, so I moved, and I was convinced I'd broken her leg.  So we went home and called the vet, and they fitted us in mid-morning.  Vet had a good look at her, gave her a jab, and sent us home, leg not broken.  She's walked on it since, so that's ok, but I got stung for £40 that I couldn't really spare.

Feckin' incompetent shites at KwikFit. Last week, they booked* the CX in for its MoT to be done this afternoon. Only, it turns out they didn't. I turned up dead on time only to be told "computer sez no".

Had this at Halfords once. Turned out the computer has randomly booked me into a different branch (which meant a trip to Newhaven...) They did give me a voucher for a decent discount the following year, it's always worth complaining!

Would never have an MOT there.

Use back street recommended local.

Or even Halfrauds on a cheap deal.

Don't really know what you're moaning about, tbh. I've just driven all the way to Torquay and my 'The Smiths' CD has packed up. Devon knows I'm miserable now.

Wretched, isn't it? The actual flying is...., no, scratch that - I was going to say OK, but that is dependent upon so many stars being in alignment and that so rarely happens...

Yup, it's all awful. From the minute I start fretting about how to get sufficient quantities of all my favourite toiletries to my destination and the overall weight and size of my baggage, to the three quid or whatever that the person collecting me from the terminal has to pay to just drive into the pick up/drop off zone. But my real hatred is reserved for a particular carrier. A specific Irish carrier, and their 'parp-ity parp-ity parp - aren't we so effing wonderful, we got you to your destination airport on schedule again' fanfair. Yeah well done you, except you set the flight schedule of 1hour and 10 for a flight that only takes 40 minutes, so you'd have to get it quite badly wrong to not arrive on schedule and hence I prefer to think of this as fiddling the numbers, you race-to-the-bottom D-grade bus company of the skies.

The actual flying is like a noisey dodgy old coach (especially the ones with fans on the front) but the airports are pure hell. They took my suntan lotion as 200ml bottles are too large & then handed out 200ml bottles of water because that size is ok??

I'll give it a miss until forced again.

Some cock in a 2 door Peugeot coupe decided he was going to offer to have a fight over my place in the queue we had patiently been waiting in to try and get out of the car park at Chessington World of Adventures, he then went on to give out a load of racist abuse to the guy in the queue behind me.

FFS I might just join twitter and tell Chessington they need to put security on the sodding car parks.

Eldest sons brought his Peugeot 206 around the other night, a bit of judder from the clutch an take up, I assured him it was nothing to worry about - clutch may be on its way out (85K miles) but should be OK for quite a while yet, next day there was a nasty noise clutch pedal went to the floor, unable to engage any gears with engine running - bugger.
 Towed the car home and have spent the day getting to this stage

post-17984-0-20067100-1534620284_thumb.jpg

Yes the release bearing has exploded into lots of pieces, I have a new clutch kit (£47.00 for a Borg & Beck) and am really looking forward to tomorrow when I will try and put it all back together

post-17984-0-98662000-1534620559_thumb.jpg

Eldest sons brought his Peugeot 206 around the other night, a bit of judder from the clutch an take up, I assured him it was nothing to worry about - clutch may be on its way out (85K miles) but should be OK for quite a while yet, next day there was a nasty noise clutch pedal went to the floor, unable to engage any gears with engine running - bugger.

Towed the car home and have spent the day getting to this stage

attachicon.gifP1040259.JPG

Yes the release bearing has exploded into lots of pieces, I have a new clutch kit (£47.00 for a Borg & Beck) and am really looking forward to tomorrow when I will try and put it all back together

attachicon.gifP1040260.JPG

That is very common on Pug's I think they even supply a new guide for the release bearing in the clutch kit

Commercial flying, my god it's grim. Do people seriously do that every time they go on holiday?

And for work too. I thought flying in Asia was bad until I flew to European places from UK. I don’t mind admitting that there will be a C on the class bit of the boarding pass and a single digit row for me to sit. I absolutely hate the expense, but am bloody glad when I skip the security queues at Stansted, don’t watch my hand luggage being crushed by some dopey idiot’s attempts to cram theirs in having managed to escape the measurement devices at check-in.

Quick tip for anyone flying to New York - Primera Air will do biz class for £200 if you book in advance and can go from Stansted. As BA want £1500 for buttery base cattle class, this is a damn good deal.

I wish I could get excited by travel again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for work too. I thought flying in Asia was bad until I flew to European places from UK. I don’t mind admitting that there will be a C on the class bit of the boarding pass and a single digit row for me to sit. I absolutely hate the expense, but am bloody glad when I skip the security queues at Stansted, don’t watch my hand luggage being crushed by some dopey idiot’s attempts to cram theirs in having managed to escape the measurement devices at check-in.

Quick tip for anyone flying to New York - Primera Air will do biz class for £200 if you book in advance and can go from Stansted. As BA want £1500 for buttery base cattle class, this is a damn good deal.

I wish I could get excited by travel again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love travelling but the flying bit is to be endured not enjoyed for sure. One of the reasons we have been on a few cruises now. The travel bit takes place in a rather nice 5* hotel with excellent food, entertainment and a bar.