The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Unbelievable.

Have you heard anything from them yet today?

Guess what it's a Catholic holiday here today so they can't do anything till tomorrow as the dealer is shut.

They won't send my bike home as their rules need a cost of repair first. Then they'll only transport it if the bike is worth more than the cost of transport and fixing it. They won't just transport it as their rules don't allow it. I know the cost of repair as I did the same job four or five years ago, it's about £350 in parts and half a day's labour. So about £500 all in, but they'll only accept it from the garage.

They'll fly me home, fix the bike and fly me back though....

I asked for a hire van to get both myself and the bike home but they pretend you can't take hire vans abroad. Odd that as it took 10mins online to get a quote for a SWB transit with euro cover delivered to my home address.

My current plan is get flown home, leaving the bike secure at the hotel (already agreed with them) then drive straight back in a hire van to get my bike before reaming the breakdown idiots for all my costs. I think it's about £500 in extra hotels and taxis so far, which they are ment to provide and pay for but couldn't manage that either.

Thank fuck I emptied this credit card or I'd be really in the shit by now.

Tl:Dr - euro breakdown cover by AXA is worthless shit.

Applying for jobs.

I've sent off quite a few applications over the past year or so. Most of the time I don't hear a peep back from the actual employer or anybody related to them. However, I'm getting countless phone calls from agencies I've never heard of before quoting details from my CV.

All these cunts are London-based too. I've taken to telling them (entirely truthfully) that I'm not interested in anything within the M25 and they soon leave me alone. Only to be replaced by another London-based agency with a slightly different name.

Guess what it's a Catholic holiday here today so they can't do anything till tomorrow as the dealer is shut.

They won't send my bike home as their rules need a cost of repair first. Then they'll only transport it if the bike is worth more than the cost of transport and fixing it. They won't just transport it as their rules don't allow it. I know the cost of repair as I did the same job four or five years ago, it's about £350 in parts and half a day's labour. So about £500 all in, but they'll only accept it from the garage.

I asked for a hire van to get both myself and the bike home but they pretend you can't take hire vans abroad. Odd that as it took 10mins online to get a quote for a SWB transit with euro cover delivered to my home address.

My current plan is get flown home, leaving the bike secure at the hotel (already agreed with them) then drive straight back in a hire van to get my bike before reaming the breakdown idiots for all my costs. I think it's about £500 in extra hotels and taxis so far, which they are ment to provide and pay for but couldn't manage that either.

I suspect that if you didn't have high blood pressure before, you're well on the way. What a total shower!

I suspect that if you didn't have high blood pressure before, you're well on the way. What a total shower!

The morons just rung me again to get given the same info I told them Saturday!

I know what the fault is, I know the time it takes and I know the cost of the parts. Wtf do they keep asking me for? Either accept it or just tell me it must be from a garage.

If it's a garage they need then how about getting the bike to one one the right day and asking them! Not hiding my bike for 24hrs, dumping at a garage without asking the garage to look at it and then saying you need the info?

How fucking simple is it to just do the fucking job? Useless shower of cunts.

I've priced up getting home, renting a van and collecting it myself. About £1,250! Oddly enough that's why I've got breakdown cover.

Not forgotten the £500 or so I've wasted already on extra hotels, taxis etc waiting for them to get their out of their arse. The fucking useless cunts.

Only time I have ever had to use the Euro cover was with RAC and I have to admit they were brilliant. They paid for a hotel and a hire car, our vw camper disappeared on a flat bed (I was a bit worried) and was delivered a day and half later in the middle of night prompting a call from my elderly neighbour who thought they were nicking it for some unfathomable reason). We continued the holiday with no issues beyond a very minor wait at Dover as we had to swap from a French hire car to a uk one but that only took an hour or so. We also had a vw camper recovered by the AA from the M25 and that took nearly twenty fours hours to do 180miles and was an utter disaster.

I would take them to the cleaners mate, it’s not hard to get right after all.

Well they've just rung again.

The price of the repair has to be from a garage, so I'll take it back in the morning. If the fucking useless cunts at AXA don't manage the simple task of ringing them this time fuck knows what I'll do.

It's utterly batshit mental that 5 days after I broke down they still haven't asked a garage to look at the fucking thing. It's more bloody annoying that I know the answers they need but they won't accept them from me.

Wtf have I got to do to get the service they offer in their contract?

The morons just rung me again to get given the same info I told them Saturday!

I know what the fault is, I know the time it takes and I know the cost of the parts. Wtf do they keep asking me for? Either accept it or just tell me it must be from a garage.

If it's a garage they need then how about getting the bike to one one the right day and asking them! Not hiding my bike for 24hrs, dumping at a garage without asking the garage to look at it and then saying you need the info?

How fucking simple is it to just do the fucking job? Useless shower of cunts.

I've priced up getting home, renting a van and collecting it myself. About £1,250! Oddly enough that's why I've got breakdown cover.

Not forgotten the £500 or so I've wasted already on extra hotels, taxis etc waiting for them to get their out of their arse. The fucking useless cunts.

Not to mention a completely ruined holiday by the sounds of it.

Perhaps a few well placed tweets might oil the wheels here. I'm not a big tweeterer, but I've seen it elicit positive action in similar situations.

Good luck.

I feel your pain Hooli - been there and done that with a breakdown in Italy.  In our case it was in a modern Merc and Mercedes Assist hardly covered themselves in glory either - the UK end was fine, but the Italian end was an absolute shambles and some of the issues you're having sound distinctly familiar....

I turns up at usual tyre place at 4:10PM wanting 4 tyres fitting on scabby old van wheels.

"No way mate we close at 5!"

On to the next place at 4:20:

"No chance mate we close at 5"

and next place at 4:25:

"Sorry mate we shut at 5:30"

Fucking hell man, these places were all completely deserted with people stood about scratching their arses etc.

Not to mention a completely ruined holiday by the sounds of it.

Perhaps a few well placed tweets might oil the wheels here. I'm not a big tweeterer, but I've seen it elicit positive action in similar situations.

Good luck.

I've never tweeted as the one time I looked at it, it made less sense than a teenagers world view.

I might have to try it though.

Changing the cabin filter on a MK2 Ford Focus.

'Hello darling, I've got to service my Golf, want me to change a couple of filters for you?'

'Go ahead.'

'Right, I've done mine and the oil change, I'll just crack on.  Shouldn't be long, just air and cabin.  Cabin'll take five minutes.'

Famous fucking last words.

To change the cabin filter on a MK2 Focus, you have to take the glovebox out.  Then flip down the fuse box (which is mounted to a bracket on the bulkhead and flips down), then remove the bulkhead brackets that mount the fuse box.  Only then can you get access to three 7mm bolts that are essentially at the bottom of the centre console to get the filter out, right at the back and to the right of the passenger foot well.  This doesn't sound too hard.  But then, you remember that I'm 6'2", 17 Stone and have parked the car with the passenger door up against the wall of the house and undone the loom buss connectors.  I'm also right-handed, stupid and incompetent.

On my Golf it's a three-minute job, involving four screws that you can get to easily from under the bonnet.  On the Focus, it's 7 torx screws, two 13mm bolts and three 7mm bolts.  The 13mm bolts are hard to access and tight, the 7mm bolts are hard to see, let alone access.

For the bloody cabin filter.

Bonus though.  Years ago, Lady Grumpius complained that her cigarette lighter didn't work.  Seeing as I'm never in that car it's never crossed my mind to have a look.  Checked and the 20 amp fuse had indeed blown.  Bought a new one, fitted it and she has power in the car.  Of course, this is after she's bought numerous portable batteries to charge her phone in, etc. for the sake of a 50p fuse...

I feel your pain Hooli - been there and done that with a breakdown in Italy.  In our case it was in a modern Merc and Mercedes Assist hardly covered themselves in glory either - the UK end was fine, but the Italian end was an absolute shambles and some of the issues you're having sound distinctly familiar....

So with this and Hooli's saga we've established that racial stereotypes aren't entirely based on fiction.

I'm actually part Italian, and I'm a lazy fecker at times!

Italy and Scotland.  Two countries entwined over centuries!

My Dad's Godmother used to live in Greece six months of the year.  When their financial crisis hit, she wasn't surprised.

'Nobody pays their bloody taxes.'

Although usually I'd argue against stereotypes, she might have a bit more firsthand knowledge of that one than I do...