The grumpy thread

outlaw118

So Citroen are recommended then? Good to know.

This was last time it happened with its wheel from an Aldi trolly. And again the amazing tyre sensors told me my tyres were fucked, after I stopped and looked at the wheel, deciding for a few minutes if I'd change it in a random pub car park or shall I drove home half a mile away? I drove home and parked up.

"Warning your tyres fucked" Thanks Frenchies. Like the gearbox, it's 16 years slower than it should be.

post-8806-0-67337900-1531838142_thumb.jpeg

"Hi yeah, I've come to collect the car, does it drive?"

"No, I told CTB that the engine's blown. I told them again on the phone again a week ago and again yesterday."

"Nobody told us the engine was blown on it [whinge whinge whinge lower quote moan moan moan]"

The ex Partridge Citroen of death has fought me every step of the way, but it had its day of reckoning this afternoon. A couple of previous owners actually got off their arse and came to collect free parts off it (rather than cherry picking tiny scraps and expecting it all via mail) and I managed to drain most of the VPower out of it, only to be stymied by a shit jerry can with a knackered cap.

RIP LITTLE SOULJA (I HATE YOU ANYWAY).

Report them, Jon.

CTB use different yards, and take a cut I believe. It’s not like WBAC who buy to shove through the auctions, all the CTB stuff is for the bridge.

Get hold of them and complain, you should really get the difference back.

Report them, Jon.

CTB use different yards, and take a cut I believe. It’s not like WBAC who buy to shove through the auctions, all the CTB stuff is for the bridge.

Exactly this. Just like RemoveMyCar it’s straight bridge fodder and they can’t be fussy.

Easier said than done when you want it shifting off the drive. I'd just ring the local breaker, usually offer you a better price anyway, again though once they've put it on the hiab and its in the yard, if they offer you 50p on it you arent in a position to argue. You've got to remember your dealing with a set of tricky bastards to start with when it comes to dealing with scrapyards.

Report them, Jon.

A quick call to head office and got it sorted.

The notes - eventually - got passed on.

Full amount paid. Partridge and ObligingotherhalfPartridge took the grille off for me and I siphoned 40L of VPower out with their blessing.

It'll be a washing machine before long but it had suffered enough; it wasn't a great example before the core plug blew out, interior aside.

At work once, on a flat out busy day I was doing 2 things at once apu when the phone rang again.

"Hello I am from ******** and I could save you thousands on your energy bills blah blah..."

Sorry, I said I REALLY don't have time for this - goodbye. And put the phone down.

30 seconds later the phone rang again.

Same guy, "Goodbye" he said and hung up on me.

Sales guy 1. Me 0

Fuck citroen.

The space saver is dangerous, it drives worse with the space saver than with the tyre that's flat as buggery.

17 inch alloys. So let's give them a 15 inch half ballooned tyre. Anyway, thankfully this tyre was able to be repaired.

In conclusion, fuck Citroën.

At least it has a spare wheel, not a can of tyre foam that'll leave you stranded if you have a proper puncture.

Glad it ended well, Jon. It’s no use these people offering a price if they don’t honour it, you have to stand up to them or they’ll just have everyone off.

Garage damaged sills lifting my car!!

The mechanic I use has lifted my C4GP daily and the pads were in the wrong positions and it's damaged the sills at all 4 points, in addition it's cracked paint and filler where there has been a previous repair..

He's agreed to get his bodywork man to look at it but it's not going to be cheap, in truth I'm not sure it would be viable if I was paying..

In addition it's got a number of rattles, clonks and squeakes he can't fix...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Good day ruined. Trike won't start. Fitted an electric fan and wires came off coil. I think I may have put them back on the wrong way and fried the electronic ignition module. Tried another coil etc and no spark from king lead. 23 quid for a new kit so hopefully will sort it.

The HSBC. The banking equivalent of having Hairnet in charge of communication and George from fucking Rainbow looking after your account after he'd discovered heroin. 

Court hearing today.

I'm somewhere on a spectrum between nervous poops and past caring.

Good luck, let us know how you get on, please. They say that truth and honesty will always prevail, let’s hope that’s the case here.

#freelouise

Enjoy it, be truthful, enjoy the experience. Literally the worst thing that can happen is the judge agrees that ruining your bathroom is normal and provided he or she is in control of their faculties and not related to the builder, I think you will be fine.

If not, I gather “D” wing get Jam roly poly on Wednesdays. Every cloud, etc

Fucking DVLA.

Licence needs a mandatory renewal. I cant do it online because I havnt got a valid passport. They cant reprint my photo even though they have the last time I changed address. No, I have to provide a new photograph even though the one on my passport could be ten years old. Option B: go to the Post Office. Check website, two nearest me provide this service. So I go to both and they both say they dont do it here. Grand. I guess I just keep driving to increasingly distant Post Offices until I find one that does actually provide this service. Helpfully, the post office dont seem to publish phone numbers for branches round here.

Load of shit DVLA, load of shit.

Thanks guys. 

I must confess I totally chickened out, so coached Matt and sent him in. With my anxiety I would have cried. Or vommed. Or both.

We had to pay the court costs, which is annoying. The Judge decided their proposal to have a site meet with the surveyor was a reasonable reply to our letter before claim and may have meant court was avoided. She didn't think that it mattered that this offer came after them denying there was anything wrong with the work for 18months, blanking our emails, declining to go halves on a surveyor (which she seems to have lied about in court actullay!), accusing us of lying, sabotage, harassment and threatened to report Matt to professional standards for extortion by deception and generally being assholes. I disagree, I don't think we should have had to entertain their idea after all that.

But, for the rest see the grin thread :D

Its been a shithouse week so far TBQFH. 

Sitting in waiting for a parcel a couple of days ago (see further on for related grump) I got a phone call from some guy I was supposed to be meeting but had completely forgotten about. FUCK. I jumped into the MGF and razzed up to work to meet the guy. Its been scorchio for a month and this was the first day of rain in all that time so the roads were greasy as fuck, resulting in a 180 spin on a corner which fairly puckered the bumholio. No damage done though, but in my haste I had neglected to bring a jacket or anything so as we wandered around measuring stuff I got piss-wet through. Job done and I set off home to wait for the courier, but as I was leaving I spied a guy from France Telecom or Orange or whatever the fuck they call themselves these days who was half heartedly prodding at a junction box by the roadside. I stopped and backed up to talk to him. My excuse is the MGF is as watertight as the fucking Titanic so was all steamed up and I couldnt see anything behind, but the reality is I am a fucking MORON and just reversed it straight into a ditch, much to the amusement of the telecoms doofus.

After a few minutes of the usual "not on my job-sheet m8, you need to phone head office and report the fault". I did ten days ago. "dunno about that mate,not on my job sheet" etc etc ad infinitum I left him to it.

Here is a wet, fat man tying a strap to his beached faux sports car so it can be pulled out by the farm telehandler.

post-17837-0-52014300-1531929763_thumb.jpg

Knocked out a load of "metal" from the end of the sill and left a gaping hole where it hit the ground. meh.

Got home just in time to receive a text message saying that the parcel cant be delivered today and would I like to choose another day for delivery. FUCK SAKES. Chose it for yesterday and again waiting in, missing work all day yesterday when I have loads to be doing and guess what? aye another fucking "we cant deliver it today, sorry" message. CUUUUUNT. So fuck knows where that is now. Fucked if I am taking a third day off for it.

And STILL no phone or internet at work. I fought the robot lady and got to speak to a person at their call centre who gave less than zero fucks and said it was "in hand" and I could apply for a rebate of this months bill for the inconve...aye, poke your refund, m7, maybe bend on some effort into FIXING THE FUCKING LINE?

And I am seriously fucking sick of looking for a new car. There is nothing that I can afford to buy that I can be bothered owning. Sick of it. Sick of the phrase "vendu en l'etat" What the fuck does that even mean? every seller seems to think its some kind of magic cover-all phrase that means everything from "its mint" to "its fucked" passing by a bit of "sold as seen" on the way. Sick of people not answering phones or emails. sick of scams. "Thank you for your interest in my vehicle. I am a legitimate businessman currently overseas and my shipping agent will...." aye, just forget it, eh? Sick of people advertising a car with a single line of descriptive text and they can get double fucked if half that line is "vendu en l'etat". Sick of a massive list of how brilliant the car is, what its had as new parts recently, how clean the interior is etc etc etc and the last line is either about how the gearbox is in three cardboard boxes in the boot or the paperwork is so administratively fucked that it cant go back on the road. Aye, forget that too, ya plum.