The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've got some big decisions to make and I'm flipping freaking out about it. It all got a bit much so I've stuck my quilt and some old sofa cushions in the back of my van and disappeared away to camp in the middle of nowhere to get away from it all. I've walked for three hours and now I'm sat in a pub. I'm a bit better for it but I'm no closer to making these decisions. Pfff

Don't forget how to get back to the van!

It's Wrexham - what can you expect ? I'll tell you now, in a minute. You don't expect nothing, Do you get what I mean ? 

Anyway : If you read the piece, it's a VINTAGE car.  Is it ? I think Vintage has to be a lot older. 

And just to fuck up any insurance claim :

It wasn't parked NEAR the house but in a community centre car park.  I wonder where they told the insurer it was parked at night

And he drives it to work everyday. I wonder if they knew that? 

I see a smaller payout than expected. 

I've got some big decisions to make and I'm flipping freaking out about it. It all got a bit much so I've stuck my quilt and some old sofa cushions in the back of my van and disappeared away to camp in the middle of nowhere to get away from it all. I've walked for three hours and now I'm sat in a pub. I'm a bit better for it but I'm no closer to making these decisions. Pfff

I always ask myself what my Granddad would do in these circumstances. He'd have Steak Pie and chips and apple pie, and a pint of bitter and read the Telegraph, before having a scotch and pitching a PROPER tent. He'd never sleep in the car. (Apart from when driving abviously) 

I had a visit from The Law on Tuesday, at work.  Had to do a breath test, which I think was the first one I've ever done!  Apparently someone was following me and thought I was erratic enough to report.  The visit isn't the issue, that was all conducted in a friendly enough manner.  However, today my boss gave me a Company Letter about it.  FFS.  He hasn't threatened my job as such, but there's always an implicit threat in a company letter.  It doesn't help  that I know my driving is erratic and I'm trying very hard to keep it reined in.  I hate being ill.

How did plod know where you worked ??? Let alone that you were actually at work ?

Have you upset someone recently ???

Fucking hell. Replace NHS with University and third line with second line and you're just an older version of me.

My degree is in Sustainable Environmental Management, I still don't entirely know how I ended up as a network technician!

The management at my job are also hopeless.

Have you considered The MBA course One World Sustainability at Exeter uni? Mrs CT did this a few years ago. This subject is hot stuff right now and most of her class mates have found proper careers with big companies. She had 2 years on grad scheme at Shell, and now just set off on her own as a sustainability consultant. More opportunities than qualified people to fill them. She’s now slumming it in Miami with 2 clients fighting over her. If this is your ‘calling’, I recommend catching the wave now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few weeks back I was asked at work if I fancied a night out as a reward for a big project finishing... Yeah, why not. London so can book trains and/or hotel on expenses. It was a "secret" but we always just end up at the O2 Arena so it looks like we're going to a Katy Perry gig after 10s of googling.

Then my week started filling up. Covering for people off ill etc means I've done 4x 5.30am starts, getting home at 8pm and repeat. So all I really want to do today is work from home and take a few naps.

Add to that all the people I actually get on with at work aren't going. Just me and a load of the fuddies. So I start making noises about bailing.

Noooo. It would be rude, apparently, because all the spaces are filled and I said I was going.

So I'm in the ridiculous situation where I'm grumpy because I have to have a night out.

You'd best invest in a stab vest and ear defenders, If you can only stretch to one make it the ear defenders. That's some awful catwailing which will see you bleeding from your eyes, being stabbed up is the lesser evil all day long.

I saw KP at the Brits last year and, in fairness, she is a brilliant performer.  

I reckon it'll be one of those situations, Pillock, where you go (against your better judgement) and end up having a bloody good time.

As I always say.  "Don't say WHY - say WHY NOT?"

I saw KP at the Brits last year and, in fairness, she is a brilliant performer.

I reckon it'll be one of those situations, Pillock, where you go (against your better judgement) and end up having a bloody good time.

As I always say. "Don't say WHY - say WHY NOT?"

I notice you say performer rather than singer. I remember when she appeared on Jools Holland and revealed what a talent she hasn't got. Very much marketing over substance.

Guest Hooli

Fucking idiot project planner cunts. They've booked 4hrs of meetings from 10-2, yup they are too fucking stupid to plan around lunch so it's no wonder all NHS projects fail.

A works night outoff to see Katy Perry in the grumpy thread? I’ll swap you if you want, you come and try to sink your own body weight in lager and spirits and moan about the place selling £2.50 doubles closing down, and I’ll go and up skirt whilst it's still legal admire Miss P and see if she fancies my firework.

Sat in my local library now, free internet use. The racket the (female) staff make, just "talking" to each other is appalling. Makes u realise just how annoying women can be.

YOU DONT NEED TO SCREECH N BAWL YOU LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus wept. And breathe..............................

I had a visit from The Law on Tuesday, at work. Had to do a breath test, which I think was the first one I've ever done! Apparently someone was following me and thought I was erratic enough to report. The visit isn't the issue, that was all conducted in a friendly enough manner. However, today my boss gave me a Company Letter about it. FFS. He hasn't threatened my job as such, but there's always an implicit threat in a company letter. It doesn't help that I know my driving is erratic and I'm trying very hard to keep it reined in. I hate being ill.

I have no idea what your illness is but (being blunt) if it's making your driving 'erratic' enough for the police to be called for suspected drink driving then should you be driving?

I'm not entirely sure why Robbie Williams, the celebrated 'fat dancer from Take That' 'opened' the soccer ball World Cup.

I don't mind him, really, but does he has the international kudos it takes to open such a huge event?

Is he Putin's fuck buddy or summat?

Somebody at work is requesting a fax machine.

Would you like some stone tools to go with it, you fucking caveman?!

When I worked in mental health, the Crisis Team took faxes because it meant we had a papertrail after we’d reported an individual at risk to them. They didn’t accept email as it was ‘insecure’.

Absolutely barmy line of thought but it was what it was.

This the Estates derpartment (I left the typo deliberately).

They spent 5, if not 6, figures on a support ticket system a year or so ago. They got a lovely bit of support ticket software, installed it on a fleet of Windows phones (without SIMs) and due to the huge amount of work I have personally done over the past 18 months, they should get plenty of wifi coverage to log into their system, even in outside areas, let alone in the offices where the fax machines are located.

Instead, the fucking luddites continue to fax jobs between their offices. The Windows phones go unused and senior management don't have the back bone to tell them to stop it.

When I worked in mental health, the Crisis Team took faxes because it meant we had a papertrail after we’d reported an individual at risk to them. They didn’t accept email as it was ‘insecure’.

Absolutely barmy line of thought but it was what it was.

I had this years ago submitting signed payslips, apparently a scan can be faked but not a fax, complete bollocks

How's this for a grump?

The only jobs going within 25 miles are either part time or carer jobs.

Pseudo employment for everyone!

I wouldn't write care work off, I like my job which is looking after active young adults with learning disabilities, minimal personal care, I don't think I could do something with a lot of personal care.

Assuming it doesn't fail on anything else, any MOT centre that would actually fail that and not allow you to shove a bulb in it (or possibly just shove one in for you) there and then can get in the sea.

I don't have a spare bulb with me as I'm woefully unprepared. Also, they are only a test centre (no repair work) so won't fix it but will let me go and get a bulb from down the road and pop back to retest it for free.

Anyhow, I've heard them say 'corrosion' a few times now so suspect it wont be the only fail.....