The grumpy thread

outlaw118

That legal advice is wrong. If you know who sold/destroyed the vehicles, you have a case against them. It would not have been "unreasonable" for the land owner to make enquiries into who owned the vehicles.

Remember he is not in UK. Forrin laws can be very different and a massive pain in the arse.

See also my pressure washer scenario which would have been resolved weeks ago in UK but currently is on the point of ending with me rampaging round the shop with a bunch of flowers, tickling all the staff.

...the door mirror has been hit and bent all the way round!

....but it was clear he tried to use his big car to force his way through. His answer!? ‘There was loads of room there!’ Fucking unbelievable!

I couldn’t believe he’d said it tbh. I looked at him, looked at his smashed mirror and said ‘clearly not’.

He started getting sweary then so I just told him in no uncertain terms to slow down and wait in future. Not having any of that he asks what the damage is to mine. Luckily apart from the mirror being bent right round the wrong way nothing. So he shrugs and says ‘well then!’. I told him to fuck off and walked away.

What is wrong with people though!? To save a split second smashing into another car is ok now is it? Because I had no damage it doesn’t matter? No apologies, nothing but attitude because he was an impatient twat and I caught him...

Psychological innit? Range-Rover twat got caught causing damage to both yours and his vehicle. Instead of jumping into the apologetic manner, which he probably doesn't even consider, he jumps straight into the "superiority complex" manner, thinking that a forward aggressive attitude might make you back down/reveal a weakness in your position (clearly there wasn't) therefore keeping himself upon his self-appointed pedestal.

I feel that many people these days have forgotton how to be humble and apologetic. It's all about drama, who is bigger than who, choosing aggressive superiority over humbleness because they must always be right and stay in "control" of thier situation and everyone else must be treated as chancers. It's a fucking race to the bottom.

Sorry to be looking at it in a "psychological" way but it really does fascinate me the way people act and carry themselves off these days.

On the subject of tailgating wankers, yesterday on the M6 it took an hour and a half to do 10 miles - the cause - a lorry gone into the back of a car.

This morning on the M6 - an hour to do 10 miles - the cause - a lorry gone into the back of a car

Here is an idea, BACK THE FUCK OFF!  Every day I see at least 5 or 6 lorries aggressively tailgating the shit out of cars through that 10 mile section of 50mph roadworks because their speedos read true and the car is only doing 47mph at his indicated 50.

And I don't just mean following a bit close, I mean full on light flashing, lane swapping, horn blasting cuntery of the highest order.  Fucking pack it in you utter wankers because this is the result and then you fuck up everyones day

BTW doesn't anyone else think it's stupidity of the highest order to set the roadworks limit at 50 when everyone knows trucks are all limited to 90kph and will never ever get done for doing 90kph in the roadworks?.

I know it's hardly original, but Windows 10 updates can fuck off to the far side of fuck and then fuck off some more.

At least linux updates only do stuff like mess up your sound card, and Mac just make your device so slow you buy a new one.

Windows stops dead at the same place - no help, no indication and says "I'm doing this so don't turn me off" - only it isn't.

I smashed my knee to bits over 2 mths ago...... not the grump. Been operated on, drugged senseless and immobile for far too long (for me) and out if it totally (still not the grump).

GF has been fantastic, I was moving a couple of projects due to garage roof needing complete renewal...... (still not the grump)

Paid a guy to move them as I was crippled, all good and no problems I was told.

Managed to get to new place last night for first time, no Carlton estate or SD1 in the garage........ WTF!

Called guy with trailer, he then tells me remote for garage door wouldn't work so he left them in the compound (secure fence and remote for the gate too) 'with a note' FFS!!!

Called garage owner, he gave me details for the land management team, they let me know that both vehicles were removed as 'dumped' over a month back and the invoice for fees is en route now they know who's cars they were....... double FFS

Turns out boyo had been sitting in front of the second entrance - which is a sepeprate part of the complex. More annoying is the fact he helped me move the fucking Triumph and Van - so he's been in before!

Nothing left of the cars, already stripped and mostly sold off........ legal advice has amounted to - it's not worth the hassle fella.......

Omega 3000 24v manual estate and Rover V8 manual SE both gone.... took me sodding ages to find them too. My gf watched with very little pity as a grown man cried.........

What. The. Actual. Fuck. :shock:

Actually, I am so, so sorry to say but I know this is Belgium we're talking about. No form of common sense, everything is straight "proceedure". They won't bother with investigations, I.e, lets find out who these cars belong to first before we dump them. No, its; there are some vehicles there that shouldn't be there, we assume the owner knows they are there. As they are in an area they shouldn't be, they will be "disposed" of.

I really hope you kick thier fucking collective arses for this. They won't learn because everything in fucking Belgium is "proceedure" it's the one thing I hate about the country.

Fuck.

Fella, look, if you need some assistance I can call Fatha_Sterling or Uncle_Sterling, both Belgium-based and see how either of them sees the situation. I think legal advice to see where you stand at the very least is the first step.

And.......nope. 

Probably their time of the Month, Staveley Head might be worth a go, they were doubtless well on the rag when I dared to bother them a couple of weeks ago but might have calmed down by now. Mind you don't waste your time with Flux, they've been scratching out a long, dry, flaky menopause for a decade and counting.

Dave would you mind rephrasing that last sentence please? I know you're joking but I'm sure you'll understand how comments like that on a public forum like this could be cause for trouble.

WOOP WOOP Snowflake alert, snowflake alert.

Psychological innit?..

Sorry to be looking at it in a "psychological" way but it really does fascinate me the way people act and carry themselves off these days.

It fascinates me too. A lot of people really lose it when they get caught in the wrong. What I'm not sure about is whether it's getting worse, or my standards are higher as I get older!

Most recent was a nicely-dressed, middle-aged lady who pushed past me in a supermarket queue. I think she did it by mistake, but she didn't half lose her shit when I pointed it out to her...

What. The. Actual. Fuck. :shock:

Actually, I am so, so sorry to say but I know this is Belgium we're talking about. No form of common sense, everything is straight "proceedure". They won't bother with investigations, I.e, lets find out who these cars belong to first before we dump them. No, its; there are some vehicles there that shouldn't be there, we assume the owner knows they are there. As they are in an area they shouldn't be, they will be "disposed" of.

I really hope you kick thier fucking collective arses for this. They won't learn because everything in fucking Belgium is "proceedure" it's the one thing I hate about the country.

Fuck.

Fella, look, if you need some assistance I can call Fatha_Sterling or Uncle_Sterling, both Belgium-based and see how either of them sees the situation. I think legal advice to see where you stand at the very least is the first step.

Given that Belgium managed to operate normally for over 530 days without a government in recent years, I'd say procedure is entrenched.

Dave would you mind rephrasing that last sentence please? I know you're joking but I'm sure you'll understand how comments like that on a public forum like this could be cause for trouble.

Aye, ok. Done.

WOOP WOOP Snowflake alert, snowflake alert.

Have you ever posted anything on this forum that isnt TOTAL FUCKING PISH? Because if you have, I must have missed it.

Ah.. Of course.. ETG is in that there Belgium isn't he. So entirely possible what's been done is perfectly legal.

Doesn't stop it being utterly shit.

Loosing both of those highly desireable cars (note the lack of a * there) is definitelypost-3568-0-96551600-1527171871_thumb.jpeg

Aye, ok. Done.

Have you ever posted anything on this forum that isnt TOTAL FUCKING PISH? Because if you have, I must have missed it.

Is that supposed to hurt my feelings? better people than you have failed.

A quick scan through your post history shows page after page of single-line comments, often snarky, often argumentative, often deliberately pedantic and occasionally telling established members what twats you think they are.

Maybe tell us about your cars? or your bikes? or your DIY projects? or literally anything relevant or of interest to the forum? 

Went in my local chemist before. In there is a lady with her bag of 8 cans of cold beer from off licence. She was getting paracetamol on the care at the chemist scheme. So a 19p pack of paracetamol will cost the NHS about six pound or something. So money for beer but tablets for free cos care at the chemist. No wonder country pooped. Also in the asda today waiting at customer services for about ten minutes while some old lady was returning a bag of frozen chips for 95p without a receipt. Had to wait for a manager to ok it or whatever. Have these people nothing better to do. Besides the ones who come off the escalator then start having a conversation has you bang into them cos escalator doesn't stop and you have no room to move.

Went in my local chemist before. In there is a lady with her bag of 8 cans of cold beer from off licence. She was getting paracetamol on the care at the chemist scheme. So a 19p pack of paracetamol will cost the NHS about six pound or something. So money for beer but tablets for free cos care at the chemist. No wonder country pooped. Also in the asda today waiting at customer services for about ten minutes while some old lady was returning a bag of frozen chips for 95p without a receipt. Had to wait for a manager to ok it or whatever. Have these people nothing better to do. Besides the ones who come off the escalator then start having a conversation has you bang into them cos escalator doesn't stop and you have no room to move.

I think the fact that the NHS cannot cost effectively provide something as fundamental as paracetamol in a cost effective fashion is a bigger problem to be addressed personally. Although I haven't seen a convincing source for the claimed vastly inflated price of paracetamol prescribed by the NHS.

Besides the ones who come off the escalator then start having a conversation has you bang into them cos escalator doesn't stop and you have no room to move.

Whenever I have to wait for a connection at Heathrow T5 I always try to get my favourite chair near the bottom of the escalator that dumps people from security into the main shopping area and I while away the hours watching the utter chaos as every fifth person just stops dead at the bottom of the escalator to look around them and a bunch of people are relentlessly pushed into the back of them.

I know it's hardly original, but Windows 10 updates can fuck off to the far side of fuck and then fuck off some more.

At least linux updates only do stuff like mess up your sound card, and Mac just make your device so slow you buy a new one.

Windows stops dead at the same place - no help, no indication and says "I'm doing this so don't turn me off" - only it isn't.

Can't recall there ever being a problem with a Linux update or upgrade.