The grumpy thread

outlaw118

That’s shite!

Does the fire stick support captive portals then? I always assumed it wouldn’t so didn’t try

Apologies mate I don't know what your on about. But o will say it's worked very well previously! Kodi is a god send when I work away as freeview is pants

You know when it prompts you to log in when you connect to the WiFi? So that they can charge you/make sure you’ve paid?

That’s a captive portal. Lots of devices won’t load it properly so you can’t connect them to public WiFi like that

Got a noise from what sounds like the aux belt area on the car.

Not all the time, but window down and hoof it in say 3rd and its like ssshhh metallic tinkling noise.

Bastard.

I'm guessing a pulley?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I've absolutely no idea. Maybe UK Payments or the British Bankers Assoc would know.

All I can remember was initially some banks had ridiculously low limits on FPS and thus went via BACS.

Back when I was a a student, the Chinese takeaway over the road from my flat used to take at least 10 days to cash a cheque...

Talking of BACS transfers, it's taken the warranty company since 23rd of march to transfer the £600 they owe me.

I've emailed them 3 times a week since I submitted receipts and account details.

Useless arseholes.

If I'd have needed that money id have been even more pissed off than I already am.

How 'special' do you have to be to think littering is acceptable? Collected all this on a short walk around the village. A neighbour collected a similar amount last night.

Dda5flqUwAA9Uyr.jpg

It's just so pathetically stupid. I mean, do we need to teach this in schools? Is it too difficult for people to comprehend that it isn't a good idea, isn't respectful? Who do they think is going to tidy it up?

It's almost as bad as people who think spitting chewing gum into a urinal is acceptable. IDIOTS.

How 'special' do you have to be to think littering is acceptable? Collected all this on a short walk around the village. A neighbour collected a similar amount last night.

Dda5flqUwAA9Uyr.jpg

It's just so pathetically stupid. I mean, do we need to teach this in schools? Is it too difficult for people to comprehend that it isn't a good idea, isn't respectful? Who do they think is going to tidy it up?

It's almost as bad as people who think spitting chewing gum into a urinal is acceptable. IDIOTS.

Whilst dropping Mrs Beard off at Preston railway station this very morning I watched three blokes unwrap some food and just dropping the plastic stuff onto the ground. A waste bin was just next to them. As in JUST next to them. I casually mentioned it to them in a light hearted way to avoid confrontation. Guess what...

'Fuck off you nosy daft twat".

I go around the area around my house picking up litter. I fucking hate it, lazy, antisocial cocks.

Dda5flqUwAA9Uyr.jpg

It's incredibly annoying, despise the lazy bastards that do this.

It's incredibly annoying, despise the lazy bastards that do this.

When we were in Bath, we went to Morrisons, got back to the car, and watched some dozy arsehole in a signwritten van chuck his lolly wrapper out of the window. He just drove off quickly enough for be to abort shoving it back in his stupid face. Didn't have my phone with me, so despite trying to desperately remember the name of the company, I failed. TWAT.

A while ago I was doing a night job on a motorway style services site. I was working in the substation in the middle of the car park.

You’d be surprised at how many people parked up, staggered over to McDonald’s and sat in their car stuffing their fat greasy faces.

Once finished they open the window and all of the wrappers came out all over the floor! It’s absolutely blatant too. They do not give a shit about doing it or even if anyone’s watching.

It's bad on trains too. I walk up and down them all day (paid to do it, not being weird) and people live neat little reminders they sat there with sandwich boxes, coffee cups, used napkins, wrappers, drinks bottles...you name it. not like there's loads of bins up and down the train or anything. 

Yeah I know it's hard to bin stuff when the train is crowded but when it's 12 coaches of air and you, you have no excuses.

Round here most of the rubbish is caused by the bin men being lazy and dropping stuff out of the boxes and not picking it up. Luckily most of the homeowners tend to clean up after them though. The other annoying thing is the professional dog walker who dumps a carrier bag of dog shit by the dog shit bin because it gets filled before its due to be emptied. Probably due to him using it to get rid of the crap from his clients.

Dda5flqUwAA9Uyr.jpg

Oh dear.....you'd better have some blinkers to put on on your trip over here

Whilst the countryside can be spectacular,there are many grim shitholes to redress the balance...

Steve Wright gets paid £500,000 to £550,000 a year to make people turn their radio off. To be fair to him he is excellent at this.

Only, they're not switching off.

YoY R2 listening is up, Steve Wright still gets a 19% market share with an audience of over 8 million.

But hey, whatevz.

Only, they're not switching off.

YoY R2 listening is up, Steve Wright still gets a 19% market share with an audience of over 8 million.

But hey, whatevz.

Wow. Radio 2 has a massive market share. What a surprise. You could put anyone on there and they would have massive market share.

Are you really saying no one in the past 30 years has done enough to replace him?

Wow. Radio 2 has a massive market share. What a surprise. You could put anyone on there and they would have massive market share.

Are you really saying no one in the past 30 years has done enough to replace him?

He's only been on Radio 2 for 22 years. And that's what you get with Radio 2, which is why I don't listen to it. Radio 2 is where the National Treasures go, playing middle of the road, inoffensive music until they die of old age.

How much of it is passive listening?

With RAJAR? Very, very little.  People will only fill in what they consciously listened to.  I doubt very much people tick a box because it was on in the newsagent or someone had it on in another part of the office.

No, I was dealing directly and specifically with a factual inaccuracy in your post.  People aren't turning off, quite the opposite.  I made no comment at all about the succession plan of Radio 2, or how long SW has been there.  None whatsoever.