The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I did Berlin two weeks ago and the public transport there just worked. If you missed your train then another was along in 5 minutes. The buses came on time and the trams ran like clockwork.

We then flew back into Glasgow and the M8 was closed at that junction with no diversion signs at all.

I hate public transport but not in Berlin!

Public transport is public transport wherever you go. It doesn't matter whether it "works" or not, it's just shit.

Call me a snob, but if I were inclined to use public transport, I'd buy an RT.

every time I see "CAN HAZ" a little part of me dies.  Where in the name of all that is shite did that start*, and would I be convicted for murdering the git responsible?

* I think I know where it started on here - I mean in the world, like.

post-17915-0-45210000-1519907760_thumb.jpg

The I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER? LOLcats meme was where it started, apparently. Hawaii residents Eric Nakagawa and Kari Unebasami are apparently the guilty parties. Such was the popularity of the image and others they generated that they started hosting them on their own site, which proved so popular they were able to sell it on for $2m back in 2007.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Can_Has_Cheezburger%3F

Not sure at what point 'Has' mutated into 'Haz'. But yeah, after 11 years I can understand that the cheezburger might be getting a tad stale for your tastes...

If only there was a system to help people like her not speed?

There is. It's called "being banned". That'll help her with that pesky speeding, unless she can also walk at 26mph.

And there is one on modern cars: speed limiter. Maybe she even had it on her car?

Public transport is public transport wherever you go. It doesn't matter whether it "works" or not, it's just shit.

Call me a snob, but if I were inclined to use public transport, I'd buy an RT.

Clarification noted and agreed, I think the quantities of alcohol consumed may* have swayed my initial judgement!

A man once told me I shouldn't do Blues, because I'm white.

I said to him that following his logic, black people shouldn't do the Opera?

I think the harmonica's German, so all Blues artists need to fuck off right now except for the krauts.

I voke up zis morning

oom pah pah oom pah pah

And went to work in an efficient manner

oom pah pah oom pah pah

I achieved a high level of productivity

Then home for sausage and weird shit in vinegar.

It's politics, bullshit politics, pay it no heed. The Labour party has had a conference on equality, where entry is excluded according to sex / ethnicity. There is nothing to be gained from politics.

Three gripes today:

1) Fence panel at bottom of garden has broken and blown down in high winds. Have moved it to safe place - bloody heavy. Looks like neighbour's apple tree was growing into it so will need to negotiate pruning before replacement.

2) Daughter cancelled her driving lesson (which we pay for) at short notice because her College lecture was cancelled and she didn't want to hang about at College waiting for lesson. OK but she could have come home and arranged to meet Instructor here - it's not like he hasn't got a car to get here in is it?.  Also she didn't check whether they'd still charge her for cancelling at short notice so we might have to pay for 2 hours of non-instruction.

3) (and most seriously) - From Guardian today:- 

Decades of research proves that chemicals used to make bacon do cause cancer. So how did the meat industry convince us it was safe?

People parking in my allocated space at home. Yes it's petty, but I battled home from work through TEH BEAST FROM THE SKY, and couldnt park. Sat for a minute or two, no one about .Fuck this, turned the car off, locked up and walked away blocking them in.

Didn't get 4 strides before someone came running out of a house grovelling. Gave her 1/4 of an earful as it was pissing down with snow, I needed a piss and I've seen this car before a few times. Next time I'll walk a bit faster as she probably won't have read the sign that sits with all the others with our house number on, so wont be able to find us, and the other neighbors are as petty and pissed off about the parking as I am so won't tell her what house I am in...

I'm on the verge of doing something silly,wouldn't normally bother writing anything but I don't really have "friends" so no one to talk to.Due to being on low income,and a wife who can't control her spending,I haven't technically earnt anything for 2-3 years.haven't had a car for 3 years as it cost £166 a month to run and I couldn't afford it.now getting to the point where I can't run a 250cc motorbike either.I'm stuck renting,both my mother and grandfather have died in the last few years,I was cut out of my mums will and everything including house left to my (now estranged) sister.I'm stuck in a job working 40 hours for around £8 an hour,but after what I have to pay into joint account and my travel costs I'm left with £50 a month,assuming another £300 isn't lost because my wifes bipolar has kicked in asnd shes bought a loasd of shit on amazon. I have zero hope of owning a car,owning a house or any form of career or financial progression,and now as I'm nearing 30 I'm wondering just what the fucking point is,do I really want to continue on this downward spiral while looking around at the rich getting richer. Didn't really want tyo write anything as I find it such a wet female style cry for attention but at least there would be some record of it.I've only met a couple of people on Here who were all lovely but had to question my current mind process when reading about Hendrys story I was just interested to know how he did it.

one assumes the wife is under the mental health servce in some way- you may want to mention to them that she seems close to an episode and get her help before it goes tits up

talk to the bank about the joint account as well

at least you have made a tentative first step of opening up here- there are proably more people who know what you are facing than anyone realises

Yeah, just been reading up. As I understand it theres no way to legaly protect your property, person, or pets from cats. Theyre protected and absolutely impervious to any law or responsibility.

The politicians of the animal world.

This is something I make myself unpopular by pointing out every time I get sent a link to one of those "Make it compulsory to report running cat over to the Police and illegal not to take it to 3 vets and then volunteer to be clamped into the stocks while local cat lovers pelt you with cat shit" petitions. 

If you are going to let the little fuckers run around doing what the fuck they like, that is likely to include (as it has to my great regret twice) them appearing from nowhere and launching themselves under my wheels. 

I don't have any pets - so I have no clue where the fucking vets is.

post-5435-0-54457600-1519926524_thumb.jpg

Cats are about as easy to train as dogs. Thats what professional trainers say (see quote below).  People just don't. You can watch after cat and control where it goes as easily as you can a dog. It would take a lot more effort though. 

" Cats are about as easy to train as dogs." - Jannet Shreeve.  Hollywood Animal Trainer. 30 years in the business.

I struggle to pick our cat up without it being a fight. When the travel box comes out of the cupboard, it's a game of tip the house over and run around until you can get her into a corner. Admittedly she is a rehomed animal, so probably never properly domesticated when younger.

I saw someone walking a cat on a leash once. Well, they were trying to. It was like flying a kite in a hurricane, the thing went mental and didnt seem to touch the ground at all - I imagine it kept itself in the air through pure rage alone.

I saw some dizzy bint walking a fluffy cat on a leash when I was in Vegas.  The cat seemed happy enough.

People parking in my allocated space at home. Yes it's petty, but I battled home from work through TEH BEAST FROM THE SKY, and couldnt park. Sat for a minute or two, no one about .Fuck this, turned the car off, locked up and walked away blocking them in.

We get this as well at my flat. Big signs at the end of each parking bay with designated flat number, and 3 marked up for visitors. It's always the mother of the flat opposite us.

I may invest in a wheel clamp.

I'm on the verge of doing something silly,wouldn't normally bother writing anything but I don't really have "friends" so no one to talk to.Due to being on low income,and a wife who can't control her spending,I haven't technically earnt anything for 2-3 years.haven't had a car for 3 years as it cost £166 a month to run and I couldn't afford it.now getting to the point where I can't run a 250cc motorbike either.I'm stuck renting,both my mother and grandfather have died in the last few years,I was cut out of my mums will and everything including house left to my (now estranged) sister.I'm stuck in a job working 40 hours for around £8 an hour,but after what I have to pay into joint account and my travel costs I'm left with £50 a month,assuming another £300 isn't lost because my wifes bipolar has kicked in asnd shes bought a loasd of shit on amazon. I have zero hope of owning a car,owning a house or any form of career or financial progression,and now as I'm nearing 30 I'm wondering just what the fucking point is,do I really want to continue on this downward spiral while looking around at the rich getting richer. Didn't really want tyo write anything as I find it such a wet female style cry for attention but at least there would be some record of it.I've only met a couple of people on Here who were all lovely but had to question my current mind process when reading about Hendrys story I was just interested to know how he did it.

PM Sent....

You DO have a friend.

National Express suck fat ones.

They ramped the prices up of all of their Gloucester bound coaches out of London today because the trains were cancelled - I was going to leave earlier but couldn’t justify what they were asking

My coach I’m on now is FUCKING EMPTY.

Clearly worked well for them.

If you are going to let the little fuckers run around doing what the fuck they like, that is likely to include (as it has to my great regret twice) them appearing from nowhere and launching themselves under my wheels. 

Yet to see anyone train a cat to not do things.

If anyone has any luck telling a cat where it can and can't go outside, let me know how -I spend every waking moment telling our three to get off the table/sideboard/bench/TV and before I've even turned my back another one will be somewhere else they shouldn't be.

The knobs.

Mine has been a cheeky sod last few days. I turned my back for literally 10 seconds, and he was happily digging his nose into my fresh cup of tea.

Turd 

Me and my cat have reached a compromise. He still comes into the room and climbs onto the bed at some time between 4 and 5am, but he just sits three inches from my face, watching, waiting. As soon as he sees movement, a change in my breathing or something else that means I might be waking up, he starts licking my earlobes. At least until I hide under the duvet.