The grumpy thread

outlaw118

People starting new threads - STILL - rather than using the existing ‘catch all’ options.

I’m not grumpy because it’s cluttering up the board, just that every time it happens my ‘last viewed page’ is reset and I end up either on pg1 or something that was posted last year.

Consequently, I feel confused like someone with early onset dementia, or disappointed because an item someone is selling was actually sold a lifetime ago.

Trivial I know. But a shame there’s no fix for this.

People starting new threads - STILL - rather than using the existing ‘catch all’ options.

I’m not grumpy because it’s cluttering up the board, just that every time it happens my ‘last viewed page’ is reset and I end up either on pg1 or something that was posted last year.

Consequently, I feel confused like someone with early onset dementia, or disappointed because an item someone is selling was actually sold a lifetime ago.

Trivial I know. But a shame there’s no fix for this.

Pm sent

Saw something cheap and perfect for daily use to relieve the rusty rover, messaged the seller literally right after they listed asking to view and buy/deposit for Sunday. No reply for 4 hours until I get a oh sorry someone's viewing tomorrow but I'll let you know.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

On the flipside the 205 seems to have sold to a genuine buyer on eBay.

Warning, Boring modern content (also Vauxhall Insignia content)

This morning's warning light bingo brought to you by Vauxhall...

Bastard thing is idling @ around 2500rpm, engine fan is running flat out and the temp gauge isnt moving past the 1/4 mark. Spluttering like a good one and dropping into limp mode too.

Oh yeah and the fucking esp has faulted out, again. Despite spending £££ diagnosing and supposedly fixing it.

Anyone would think it actually wants to become a Chinese fridge.

2299f4990a9e20519ae9cd48ffa97c8c.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

On train to Birmingham. MP3 player died at Rugby. Man nearby sleeping the sleep of the recently executed. Literally head back, both arms by side palms outwards. Making noises normally associated with large African creatures frolicking in watering holes.

I was up at 5:20am and normal low tolerance levels are at record trough.

It's gonna be a long trip made worse by the unusually base spec train with no arm rests or tables.

*twitch*

My dad has been diagnosed with vascular dementia.

Lives alone at the moment ( Mum died at 56 , 13 years ago) so I think big changes are afoot .

This , and me and the wife splitting up mean that 2017/18 can fuck right off .

Feel your pain man. 

My mum is in the final stages of that horrible disease.

There is loads of help available for you and your family.

Warning, Boring modern content (also Vauxhall Insignia content)

This morning's warning light bingo brought to you by Vauxhall...

Bastard thing is idling @ around 2500rpm, engine fan is running flat out and the temp gauge isnt moving past the 1/4 mark. Spluttering like a good one and dropping into limp mode too.

Oh yeah and the fucking esp has faulted out, again. Despite spending £££ diagnosing and supposedly fixing it.

Anyone would think it actually wants to become a Chinese fridge.

2299f4990a9e20519ae9cd48ffa97c8c.jpg

Rearrange the following into a well-known phrase or expression:

Vauxhalls

shit

all

are

Rearrange the following into a well-known phrase or expression:

Vauxhalls

shit

all

are

Yup. "They All Do That Sir" is another equally appropriate phrase too.

You'll all be shocked* to learn that even Vauxhall haven't got much clue what's up with the bloody thing,other than its fucked.

Time to chalk it up to experience and get rid methinks, whilst it's still got something resembling a trade in value.

A grump because this should just never happen, but didn't she do well!

12 year old girl attacked for phone

Fair fucking play to her. 

I hate when employers are vague or lie about money then you find out you'll be earning pittance :angry:

Yep, I once walked out of a job interview because the pay rate advertised had suddenly dropped 33% from a decent £12PH down to £7.50

No accidents in 27 years of driving, loads of driving abroad, loads of winging it in shonky crap, and plenty of amateur motorsport shenanigans without so much as a stone chip. Then, twice in one bastard week, I reverse my shiny new(ish) car into a fucking bollard. Twice. And the car has parking sensors. A trip to the bodyshop awaits. Fuck my luck.

Imagine if Gary Numan had given his song that title instead of Are Friends Electric ....?

Well now, Morrissey released 'Viva Hate', 'Vauxhall And I' and 'Years Of Refusal', so I'm guessing he still hasn't got over his HC's tendency to blow oil up the air box breather and clog the filter, leading to poor starting.

Grumpy​ because SCS want to deliver our new chairs tomorrow, they were not best pleased when I said no. Grumpy because it means I've got to start paying for them. £3500 for fucking chairs, Chairs I didn't want. Grumpy because SCS are an absolute wanky company to deal with, grumpy because SCS are the only supplier of this model of GPlan the wife wanted so we had to buy direct from SCS. 

​Our local SCS branch were so bad in terms of pushing sales we left and went to a different branch 15 miles away, who were less pushy but still tell you one thing in store and then another on the phone. 

Grumpy​ because SCS want to deliver our new chairs tomorrow, they were not best pleased when I said no. Grumpy because it means I've got to start paying for them. £3500 for fucking chairs, Chairs I didn't want. Grumpy because SCS are an absolute wanky company to deal with, grumpy because SCS are the only supplier of this model of GPlan the wife wanted so we had to buy direct from SCS. 

​Our local SCS branch were so bad in terms of pushing sales we left and went to a different branch 15 miles away, who were less pushy but still tell you one thing in store and then another on the phone. 

We bought some sofas from Harveys. Paid £1k for a 3 seat and a 2 seat sofa. Really crap quality. Even the seat cushions only have fabric on one side with the other having some thin mesh type stuff, so you can't flip them. I imagine that saved them a couple of quid by doing that. The base cushions don't stay on the seat and keep sliding off when you sit on them. I'll be very surprised if they last more than 5 years.

Needs must (skint) so am going for a job* interview tomorrow morning. No biggie, just a part time job doing three evenings a week at the local Spar shop. Mrs Beard decreed that I needed a haircut to look my best*.

Normal number two buzz cut on my white/grey swede.

Mrs B has been cutting my hair since I went badger grey and gave up with any attempt at a hair style circa 2004.

Owing to being distracted by work pressures she wasn't concentrating and forgot to fit the Number 2 clipper attachment and went straight in without. Resulting in a perfect totally shaved stripe front to back! .FFS.

Rectification* work now has me with a head looking like a bust of Ross Kemp carved from a turnip.

That will help no end then.