The grumpy thread

outlaw118

You can guarantee the administrators will grab everything they can and sell it for peanuts to cover their fees first before paying any debts, just say it was on loan.

Edit I am a little bitter about an experience a friends company had like this. There was enough money left to cover all the debts, the administrators had everything and nobody got paid :(

I’ve had the same experience- customer folded owing about £3000. It was a fiddle as they basically sold the OLED technology to Merck then claimed they had to cease trading. After three years the £200k the company had in the bank was spent on administration. Creditors had absolutely zero.

We were third or fourth down after hmrc, landlord and a chemical supplier.

An Italian customer of ours went bust ( well Italian!) about sixteen years ago. Only owed about £700. We eventually, after six years I think, got a chq, for 16 Euro that cost £8 to cash!

I always said when I was a kid that one day I wanted to restore an old car.

Scrabbling around under a car on axle stands, in a cramped garage, one job becoming totally unrewarding because you've found rust, rust and more rust, pissing about with pipes and wiring, aching bones the next day because I was trying to torque up bolts whilst sitting at an awkward angle. I do not find that fun. Childhood dream shattered!

I feel just like selling up and getting a modern, enjoy family time and taking up running again in my spare time.

I always said when I was a kid that one day I wanted to restore an old car.

Scrabbling around under a car on axle stands, in a cramped garage, one job becoming totally unrewarding because you've found rust, rust and more rust, pissing about with pipes and wiring, aching bones the next day because I was trying to torque up bolts whilst sitting at an awkward angle. I do not find that fun. Childhood dream shattered!

I feel just like selling up and getting a modern, enjoy family time and taking up running again in my spare time.

I had a day like that yesterday trying to sort out the Bora going into limp mode, spent far longer than I'd like under the car trying to remove bolts from the turbo, got there eventually and cleaned the VNT vanes with Mr Muscle, reassembly was a lot easier but it's achieved the square root of fuck all as it is still going into limp mode when you are on full boost for more than a couple of seconds, I've just about had enough and once I've paid some debts I'll probably buy or lease something new.

Was woken at 3am with a terrible earache. Tried putting a heatpack on it, and all I get now is a gurgling noise 5 hours later and increasing discomfort. It's doing my head in - especially as ive put nothing in my ears recently.

anyone have any remedies as it's stopping me from doing what I had planned this morning - my first Saturday off since Christmas

Jet wash, toothpaste, rags, wet and dry...nothing seems to have made my Puma headlights anymore effective. What kind of knobrocket designs these things?

Probably not as much of a knobrocket as the person who drives this car and has only just noticed one headlight bulb doesn't work :(

Was woken at 3am with a terrible earache. Tried putting a heatpack on it, and all I get now is a gurgling noise 5 hours later and increasing discomfort. It's doing my head in - especially as ive put nothing in my ears recently.

anyone have any remedies as it's stopping me from doing what I had planned this morning - my first Saturday off since Christmas

Stop with the heat pack, I did that and it makes it worse. Go to the Drs - not sure if you can get anything from the chemist.

Jet wash, toothpaste, rags, wet and dry...nothing seems to have made my Puma headlights anymore effective. What kind of knobrocket designs these things?

Probably not as much of a knobrocket as the person who drives this car and has only just noticed one headlight bulb doesn't work :(

Wipe them ONCE ,with a cellulose thinners soaked rag really fast . Don't do it again until the melted skin has totally hardened,  otherwise it drags with a second wipe and makes a mess of it