The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Jet wash, toothpaste, rags, wet and dry...nothing seems to have made my Puma headlights anymore effective. What kind of knobrocket designs these things?

Probably not as much of a knobrocket as the person who drives this car and has only just noticed one headlight bulb doesn't work :(

They are shit, stick some HID's or LED's in there, it will improve them massively and as they are projector lights there are no issues with dazzling people.

The randomisation software in between the sales section and warehouse picking section of online suppliers. WTAF?

I know we joke about it a lot to the point its becoming a meme here - I just cant understand how it goes so wrong.

orders 2 oil filters for the pickup

Time passes

postie arrives.

Uh, thats hella big box for two oil filters....

attachicon.gifIMG_20180215_114752.jpg

Thats because it contains one oil filter and one window regulator for a Passat.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180215_162638.jpg

:roll:

I just cant even right now

FFS, I went to chuck the box in the recycling bin oil drum I use to burn stuff, and found a picking note and delivery label scrunched up in the bottom - this window mech was ordered by some poor cunt who has not received it and I would bet that he is having difficulties getting them to believe him because their system probably shows it as sent and signed for.

Cant get through on the phone and their website doesnt have a section for "you sent me someone elses shit" so have raised an e-ticket with their service team. Not holding my breath, and i will be fucked if I am paying an postage on this if they decide it needs to go back after all.

Was woken at 3am with a terrible earache. Tried putting a heatpack on it, and all I get now is a gurgling noise 5 hours later and increasing discomfort. It's doing my head in - especially as ive put nothing in my ears recently.

anyone have any remedies as it's stopping me from doing what I had planned this morning - my first Saturday off since Christmas

https://imgur.com/r/wtf/INmHEnB

Last twat who did this to me did so in a signwritten lorry, so I called the company up and complained bitterly to his transport manager.

That reminds me of a story from a few years back - there was a guy in my old workplace who was the world's biggest prankster. Got me several times but he always said I'd never be able to catch him out. Sure enough, I never could as he always seemed wise to it.

Until about a year after leaving, I phoned up and asked to speak to the transport manager, putting on a different voice. Got put through, and I asked if he was in charge of the company trucks. The answer was yes, so (with my knowledge of the usual routes) I told him that MK02 NKT (funny what you remember) had run me off the road and into the ditch.

Cue a most apologetic response, finishing by explaining I would need to get on touch with head office to sort it out. Pretending to be quote angry by this point, I responded with "So you tell me you're in charge of transport, now you try and fob me off by telling me to call someone else. What are YOU going to do about my car?"

This really caught him on the hop, and quite uncharacteristically he was lost for words for a moment, but managed to start asking for my details.

Switching back to my normal voice "My name's Mat, and I'm surprised you didn't recognise me Steve!"

Bust a rib on Wednesday.

Fuck me does it hurt.

Tramadol's not doing much apart from making me dozier than normal.

Still, as the Doc pointed out it's a bloody good result after falling 5 meters...

What were you doing?

My small grump is looking through my bank transactions. Er, why have I got two payments going to the same insurer when I'm sure I only have two cars currently insured and one isn't with that company. You know that thing about not insuring the same car twice? It doesn't flag up internally apparently.

Just bought a PAYG sim for my spare phone. On o2, chosen because it's an excellent number.

Bit grumpy as the number is already in use! Someone else on another network registered it three days ago apparently! How the heck can that happen? O2 haven't got a clue, even going as far as to tell me that my SIM card is definitely not an o2 one. What do we all reckon?. Am I lying or stupid here as that was the basic attitude from o2

(Maybe I am a bit stupid as I can't make it the right way up!)

post-3538-0-93322800-1518898547_thumb.jpg

Those preconnected SIMs usually have an expiry date and then the numbers return to the 'pool' so to speak, although that does usually take a short while. Only other thing I can imagine is someone else fancied it, took the number and sim serial, called up O2 pretending it was theirs, issued PAC etc. That would also delete the sim usually...

The sim expires in October of this year so yeah, I think some arsehole has claimed ownership of it.

Seems it was issued by o2 in the 14th Feb and was transferred to Three two days later. I reckon one of the Tesco staff saw it and fancied it. I called the number and it sounded like the guy was in a shop! Probably the bastard who sold the sim to me!

It's not just me then!

I have a pedalcar to restore next winter which I will enjoy but once the better weather comes, the cars can fro, Im donning my running shoes and buggering off up the back roads.

I'm in the same boat as you. I balance my spare time between riding my bike and working on cars. Riding my bike, I always come away from feeling good, unless I hurt myself.

Working on cars is really satisfying when it all goes well, it can be really frustrating when it doesn't though and makes you wonder why you bother sometime.

It would be a shame if said number got written on the door of every public convenience in the local area....

The sim expires in October of this year so yeah, I think some arsehole has claimed ownership of it.

Seems it was issued by o2 in the 14th Feb and was transferred to Three two days later. I reckon one of the Tesco staff saw it and fancied it. I called the number and it sounded like the guy was in a shop! Probably the bastard who sold the sim to me!

Jet wash, toothpaste, rags, wet and dry...nothing seems to have made my Puma headlights anymore effective. What kind of knobrocket designs these things?

Probably not as much of a knobrocket as the person who drives this car and has only just noticed one headlight bulb doesn't work :(

Had a similar problem with the C5 headlights and discovered the problem was inside the lenses - looked like a fungal growth which is surprising considering the heat generated.

Binned them and bought replacement second hand ones from eBay.

Bust a rib on Wednesday. LOL

Fuck me does it hurt. LOL

Tramadol's not doing much apart from making me dozier than normal. LMFAO

Still, as the Doc pointed out it's a bloody good result after falling 5 meters... FUCK

hope it heals up quick

fallig off isnt funny - dont laugh or breathe or sneeze - take more drugs thatll stop the moving

On my work's do tonight and lost my lovely hip flask...

28276516_1792002017762413_31856576285585

...went back to some boozer/s to try and find it, but no joy. Posted a message on Facebook offering a reward.

It's been found.

By my missus. On the kitchen side.Where I left it.

Stuck at services. Recovery inbound - they're insisting someone look at it when I know the clutch is fashed.

One recovery only, so I can imagine the deep joy getting a taxi firm out to a road they "can't find."

I'd wondered why the fuel consumption wasn't all that: upon checking the tyre pressures, they were all miles out. I presume it's running 175 70 13s for reasons of cost and similarity to the rolling radius of the 155 80 13s originally fitted.

Anyway, I was marvelling at the improvements in the handling and ride post pressure check, pulled off for the A605 services.....and the pedal went to the floor. Bollocks.

Also, in light of people getting (condescendingly) on their high horse regarding my use of the word 'lend' in place of 'borrow', it's a quirk of speech.

I'm a northerner. I grew up in the North; that's how we converse. I didn't realise I had to sub and proof my posts - if I missed the memo, mods, please copy me in.

I quite often say 'them' instead of 'those' while speaking; I know it's incorrect but didn't think it mattered within the confines of a casual forum.

That's the last I'm posting on the matter. I have to deal with enough tedious pedantry and back-stabbing politics at work. I do not expect them while posting a light hearted missive online.

Rant off, cheers.

All sorted.

Luckily the C15's clutch decided to give out close to home.

RF3OxpS.jpg

Managed to arrange some recovery - but their rules said they could only do one drop.

Got the van back to the unit and the flatbed driver realised base was only about a mile from my house.

He said he always stopped for coffee at a local petrol station - as he'd saved me the mither of a £15 cab back from the sticks (assuming I could find someone willing to come out) a quick latte and a short walk later got me home.

If JJ needs to keep the SEAT for a few more days, that leaves me with one option for transport.

I wonder what that could be? :)

major grump time.

early hours of Friday morning i woke up with excruciating pain in my upper abdomen which felt like the hulk was reaching inside and squeezing my stomach really hard.

missus rang an ambulance at 5.15 which raced to the scene by 7.45.

into hospital for blood tests and x-ray (maybe gallstones).

nothing found and by 1pm the pain had nearly gone so missus picked me up.

yesterday and today i feel like ive gone 12 rounds with Anthony Joshua then had a car crash on the way home.

fucksticks  

trip to docs tomorrow if it still hurts.

grump over