The grumpy thread

outlaw118

fugging telesales wankers.

been plagued with two separate companies all week.

we are on tps (checked this morning and it's still on) so both have now been complained to tps  twice today.

first one an energy supplier blatantly lied and was told not to phone again on Wednesday.Yesterday and today got the silent treatment.second is a card machine supplier.he was told we weren't interested on Wednesday and has phoned three times since.It is illegal to phone someone on tps so looks like i will have to complain to ofcom.

fugging telesales wankers.

been plagued with two separate companies all week.

we are on tps (checked this morning and it's still on) so both have now been complained to tps twice today.

first one an energy supplier blatantly lied and was told not to phone again on Wednesday.Yesterday and today got the silent treatment.second is a card machine supplier.he was told we weren't interested on Wednesday and has phoned three times since.It is illegal to phone someone on tps so looks like i will have to complain to ofcom.

It won't make the slightest difference, been there done that, unless you happen to record the conversation or they have 1000s of complaints nothing will be done.

I'm now getting calls from what sounds like a limited capability AI on a semi regular basis with different numbers each time despite being on tps for years.

There might be something wrong with the meter, but I think the main problem is just their billing. It took them 3 months to set up friggin direct debits at the beginning due to some problem with their ‘system’ so I ran up a ‘debt’ of 3 months juice before I even started paying owt. IN about august last year they cheerfully told me I owed em £900, which I paid off over 3-4 months and sighed with relief when I looked at my balance online and saw that I was £8 in credit at last. A fortnight later another £600 charge appeared on my balance so I’m almost back to square one. I’ve been paying £120/month which more or less covers my winter usage so the £600 debt hasn’t really been touched. I think I do actually owe them the 600 quid but their billing is a fucking dogs breakfast, 8th Dec I was £8 in ‘credit’, two months later I have paid a further £240 yet still owe another £620??? what sort of system is that? Wankers.

I’ve got a brand new Bosch condensing boiler an’ all not some 40 yr old dinosaur roaster.

More to do with the motor etc needing calibration & it'd never been done since new.

This is an interesting thought (as I sit here at work on a Friday afternoon with nothing more interesting to think about) I wonder how many ancient electricity meters there out there, whirring away charging folk way over the odds because they've never been calibrated.  I mean if garages get caught selling short measures (or even long measures) of fuel, its deep shit, surely some similar weights and measures type legislation must exist got Gas and leccy... 

This could be the next PPI scandal..

The bloody M5 is pissing me off today. Ok so some poor bugger died in the 3 car crash. Does it really take over 12 hours to sort it out and open the motorway. They hope to open the southbound carrigeway (not the one that the accident was on) by 4pm. Only 10 hours after the crash !!! The northbound won't open until this evening. You would think that with modern technology they could of mapped the whole stretch of M5 in a couple of hours.

The bloody M5 is pissing me off today. Ok so some poor bugger died in the 3 car crash. Does it really take over 12 hours to sort it out and open the motorway. They hope to open the southbound carrigeway (not the one that the accident was on) by 4pm. Only 10 hours after the crash !!! The northbound won't open until this evening. You would think that with modern technology they could of mapped the whole stretch of M5 in a couple of hours.

It's annoying having the delays but as they said, if it was your loved one killed, you'd want the police to do as thorough investigation possible to why they died. Evidence gained now will be critical for a court case later.

That put it into perspective for me.

Accident management companies , when did all that ******** start

Go hit from behind in the Mercedes, I declined the courtesy car but if I had taken it the cost to the other party insurance would have been £3220 @£230 a day

For an idea how ridiculous that is costco now do car hire, I looked at the cost of renting a VW passat for 5 weeks and it was under £800

And people wonder why insurance is going Up

Because if you don't take it up the cunts won't pay out as they are not in any rush to do so.

I'm hopping mad because I am skint.

I too am massively skint and will be for some time to come seemingly.

This week my last pay from my old job was basically all taken away from me to pay for the excess £250 due to the accident I had plus the VAT retention of £50 hence £300. This left me with a grand total of £27. This week wife now needs medical attention due to a minor problem with her tear ducts (blocked up) this is gonna cost me...you guessed it £300.

It just doesn't stop. Every FUCKING week something comes up. I'm tired of this. For the last year I've been struggling.

I am hoping to start training in a new job next week. But even if i earn more money, I've got a massive hole to climb out of.

What a fuckin week.

Left the interior light on in the car overnight on Wednesday, battery flat Thursday morning.

Get a lift to work, take battery out, charge.

Put it in this morning in a hurry... The wrong way.

Now everything electrical is fucked. It's a12 year old car... It's probably scrap realisticly now. I could punch myself in the face for utter stupidity at the minute. I have the amazing ability to fuck up the simplest of jobs.

I too am massively skint and will be for some time to come seemingly.

This week my last pay from my old job was basically all taken away from me to pay for the excess £250 due to the accident I had plus the VAT retention of £50 hence £300. This left me with a grand total of £27. This week wife now needs medical attention due to a minor problem with her tear ducts (blocked up) this is gonna cost me...you guessed it £300.

It just doesn't stop. Every FUCKING week something comes up. I'm tired of this. For the last year I've been struggling.

I am hoping to start training in a new job next week. But even if i earn more money, I've got a massive hole to climb out of.

My stepdad said he needed a battery for the Fabya, shockingly Eurocarparts had a voucher deal... it was in stock 5 miles away, but it was £3.49 delivery for Monday.

The battery is currently in Heathrow and DHL will bring it on Monday...

Why doesn’t ECP, deliver from the store and make a couple of quid?

Don't know that its an unlawful deduction as such. Depends on wording of your contract, LS. 

I've known a couple of motor trade contracts where you were liable for an excess in the event of a fault accident. Usually it would be taken at £X / week but if you've left the company then they take it in one hit.

Wow, just saw some absolute bellend on the CCC Facebook page ruin a post about someone's BX.

And he bought the GSA I really wanted, until that 205 debacle started. Meh.

Despite being 2cv columnist for the ccc, I have given up the website due to the abuse one would get for venturing a negative comment about Citroen or Michelin tyres. In expectation of the same, I’ve not registered for the Facebook page.

Dad took me for a ride in his nearly-new Mondeo and was showing off the voice control system. The process is thus:

Set temperature

What temperature would you like?

21 degrees

Would you like to set to 21 degrees?

Yes

Setting to 21 degrees.

Yep, that's definitely easier than pressing a button a few times.

Wow, having the excess taken out of your wages is massively shit in itself, but taking it all in the same week leaving you basically skint, there must be some rule about that, shirley?

I'd imagine the minimum wage legislation would forbid that sort if thing?

Moderators - if you're going to shift a new thread to wherever it needs to go, please leave a link to the post number of the thread it's been moved to (or at the very least a link to the thread it's been moved to).  Much as it might be a flea in the ear of the OP, but if I fancy the idea of the thread title, I don't want to have to trawl through all the other possible threads to find it.