The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Yo rich the stag, why are you putting up with this bollox? (Never mind telling us about it) Just refuse to discuss phones any more with the rest of your family. When you have announced this, put some big headphones on and listen to some Aphex Twin or whatever while they warble on about it amongst themselves. After 45 mins take the cans off, and warn them that if you hear the word iPhone they are going back on again for another 45 mins. Basically tell them all you don't give a shit and they have to sort their own phone problems out.

exactly what I have done, matt #1 can go to ifix with his wifi issues, not throwing any money at this, he can even have my entire stash of stupid pentagle head screw drivers. and look at youtoob for instruction videos

when #3 phone arrives, he is on his own with it.

the lads have the barefaced cheek to slag off mrs thestags Moto phone because it is shit! yeah guys but at least it fucking works eh

have BOSE noise cancelling over ear headphones which are super comfy, had to use them yesterday at the doctors waiting room bit of Hazel O'Connor, they were playing what could only be described as bad pink floyd, and I like Pink Floyd just not the shit that made my ears bleed at the quackery

..... just had a call from the school. Junior was supposed to do a maths project over Christmas and hasn't. We specifically asked him when the holidays started what work he had and he denied having any. So not only has he lied, but now has a shitload of Latin to do by next Monday and a massive Maths project to do tonight. If it isn't in by tomorrow he will not only get a week of detention but be dropped from the top Maths set which will remove his opportunity to do his Maths GCSE a year early. He can easily do it, he is just being a lying lazy little fucker.

Every privilege that boy has been given has just disappeared.

I am VERY FUCKING ANGRY

The only privilege you can't take away from the lad is the fact you're his Dad. On the other hand, he seems to have all the necessary attributes for Government service; an overseas posting with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office beckons.

Latin - fuckin' hell, I did that at school for a few years; turned out to be one of my better subjects.

In other news, I just had a call from the school. Junior was supposed to do a maths project over Christmas and hasn't. We specifically asked him when the holidays started what work he had and he denied having any. So not only has he lied, but now has a shitload of Latin to do by next Monday and a massive Maths project to do tonight. If it isn't in by tomorrow he will not only get a week of detention but be dropped from the top Maths set which will remove his opportunity to do his Maths GCSE a year early. He can easily do it, he is just being a lying lazy little fucker.

Every privilege that boy has been given has just disappeared.

I am VERY FUCKING ANGRY

omg you are me aicmfp

#1 A levels geography, history and design tech at Royal Grammar School HW. Was predicted 2 As and one A*. 

Then he gets an unconditional offer from Brum Uni to read Geography based on GCSE results

Due to laziness he struggled with A/S levels and constant criticism from head of Geography that he was not living up to expectation. apparently she is "a bitch and will be shown". This bravado continued for another year and somehow he just about managed to pull a B out of the bag. History and DT were both C. what a fucking waste of time. A mate of his that got 2 As and a B was declined entry onto the same course, is now taking a gap year. Matt did have the good grace to apologise in person to head of Geography

constant argument from me was that for him to piss away 3 years at Uni is going to cost me and him big time. The threat is anything less than a 2-1 means that he pays me back every penny, food allowance, accomodation when he starts working.

lazy bastard, I love him but he really gets under my fucking skin thinking the world owes him something. Did NOT get that from me or Mrs Thestag I can tell you.

Initial results show promise, but with 7h lectures a week and no feedback we a. have to believe what he says and b. trust him to do this right

Oh and dont get me onto money, he worked last summer at Sainsbury, his P45 showed he earned just shy of £3 bags yet he only managed to save £45 to take to uni. every single week is a battle with him moaning his £40 / week phood allowance is not enough and that his mates get millions. 

I joke about the 3 bags after Christmas and he told me he was pretty unhappy about the whole episode. maybe it is an expensive lesson and he learned something, let us hope so

He is a smart kid, very capable, extremely polite to other people and we are often praised for bringing up such a fine young man. It’s just at home he’s a little shit.

Have cleared the table. On it sits his laptop. No online gaming tonight, he and I are going to be burning midnight oil.

Someone says something funny. I reply with “lol that’s brilliant”

However two nanoseconds before my reply goes on, someone reveals a terrible tragedy. Suddenly my reply seems somewhat harsh!

Quotes can sometimes help keep things in perspective!

Kyle was a bit like your lad, though he was always pleasant at home, he coasted through his 'A' levels. To be fair he'd always pissed any and all subjects and was an easy 'A*' student. We told him that 'A' levels were different and he would have to actually try, but he didn't listen...

He passed his exams but not with the grades he needed or expected and was really quite distraught! When he told his Mum (over the phone - he lived with me from age 3) she just told him to get a job as he would never get into uni now. Lorn and I discussed it between us and then offered Kyle the chance to re-take all his exams and the year and we would pay and continue to support him. He jumped at the chance and, he worked his arse off at a totally different school/college and got the grades he should have got the first time round. He had always found it all so easy, he expected the same to continue...

So now he has a masters, a brilliant job (career) and is successfull and doing well. I'm sure that 1st attempt that went wrong did him he world of good as he really did not like failing!

This thing about kids being knob heads is understandable but really were you, I or anyone that different at their age?

I feel that far too much emphasis is put on results you got in exams one time when you were too young to give a shit what those exams and results actually meant.

Years later you go for a job being judged on weather you could add up or spell when you were 16 completely ignoring the last X number of years where you were obviously using those and so many more skills.

Someone says something funny. I reply with “lol that’s brilliant”

However two nanoseconds before my reply goes on, someone reveals a terrible tragedy. Suddenly my reply seems somewhat harsh!

Quotes can sometimes help keep things in perspective!

Many years ago when txt spk was just getting trendy, a friend of mines mum thought lol meant lots of love.  One day my mate got a text from her saying

"Hi, just letting you know they've had to take your Granddad into hospital, lol Mum"

Still find that amusing to this day (and his Grandad is still alive and kicking)

Daughter was just onto BT about her bill [paid yesterday with her BT payment card=cash payment clear on the app] and was (surprise...) speaking to India.

Got not a semblance of understanding of her clearly expressed + explained query.

Like >> APP... ?? On my Phone here... No, not my computer, on my phone - my BT A..P..P ?? No.. (loop :/ )

She asked "could I speak to an English person, who might understand me more clearly? A Supervisor then?? NO >> I'm NOT being racist!! I wish to speak to someone who will understand me clearly..."

She gave up - rang off - started a 'text chat' and sorted in half a minute..

She isn't that Geordie twangger :(

TS

Gahhh....reminds me of the time I thought it would be a good idea to start a 22hr coach trip to Austria after a rocking night out.   Apparently ended up with me gently bonking my head on the headrest of the seat in front of me repeating "God..I..have...a...fucking...Mercedes...at...home"

This thing about kids being knob heads is understandable but really were you, I or anyone that different at their age?

I feel that far too much emphasis is put on results you got in exams one time when you were too young to give a shit what those exams and results actually meant.

Years later you go for a job being judged on weather you could add up or spell when you were 16 completely ignoring the last X number of years where you were obviously using those and so many more skills.

I was far worse than my lads, they have already out achieved what I managed. BUT I never ever spoke out of turn or in an off fashion with my parents or any adult. except the parkie that is, all parkies were cunts then.

i find now that without a degree, 35years of experience in IT amounts to nothing if I am applying for the same job as some spotty herbert with a nice honours degree in computer science. drives me up the wall. am am planning to get out of the whole industry pretty soon I think. Not sure Mrs thestag can even contemplate me doing something that I really want to do. lol