The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm not sure how anyone can even tell if a modern car has the front fog lights on as so many DRLs are fitted in the position of a conventional fog light and look just like them (only brighter!).

Also I really hate the cornering foglights fitted to some cars, not so bad if they come on with the indicator, but some light up with steering input at slow speeds and can be confusing. For example I often see cars that steer right before turning left which means first one then the other foglight comes on and I'm thinking which way are you going?

I dislike foglights in daytime as it shows that the driver isn’t fully aware of his or her surroundings. Round here in Surrey though the big danger is people not putting their lights on at all - assuming their running lights will work automatically- some don’t seem to and lead to cars driving about with no rear lights at all.

Pet peeve of mine though is people coming up behind me on dark country lanes ( when I’m cycling ) with their lights on main beam. Why? They wouldn’t do it to a car and it ruins my night vision so that I can’t see.

I've said it many many times and I'll say it again now.  People are stupid and getting stupider.  And it's not some gentle slope, it's a falling-off-a-cliff drop in standards.  Selfishness is gripping tightly to stupidity on the way down...

Probably too late now, but have you tried one of these? Works really well and there's no need to soften the wax beforehand either.

61T9Naus4uL._SL1000_.jpg

That looks quite handy. Ever since my wisdom teeth made an appearance I’ve had constant but fairly mild issues with my ears building up wax and sinuses blocking. I’ve been hitting the Albas oil and doing the warm olive oil thing for almost two weeks now trying to get this damn year to pop back open.

Bloody neighbours turning up with an xmas dinner for me & trying to convince me to go to the pub with them.

FFS, I've been telling them for weeks now I don't do xmas, I want nothing to do with it and please don't bring a dinner round since they first offered. Why don't people listen? That's pissed me off for the whole day now.

I've got fuck all to moan about today. Just had drop scones with smoked trout, dill, poached eggs and a babycham for breakfast, off for a walk up Sherwood forest next then its on with roasting the turkey and having a massive feed and a couple of G&T's followed by gently pickling myself in frot of my new 'better call saul' box set. Merry christmas to all the moaning bastards out there!!!

Damn those evil bastards trying to offer you a kind gesture at christmas eh. I hope they all get bad AIDS

Damn them for insulting me by just assuming I didn't mean a word I said.

It's fucked me off for the whole day. I was going to get the engine out of a bike today, it's what bank holidays are for. No chance of that now as my mood is completely ruined.

I reckon a wander through the woods is in order later..... I'm deliberately not drinking at dinner so I can leave the house later and then I can start banging through the gin once I've settled in for the night.

I'm doing similar, to stop amy being a grumpy twat later I've told her sister to get her legless, and I'll have 2 cans over lunch and drive home. Then work my way through the 30 odd beers I have at home tonight when I can just sleep where I sit, try and fix this cold with booze

I can relate to Hoolies grump. A friend of my better halfs is on his own today in his bedsit and has refused to come over for dinner or even accept a plated dinner delivered to him. It is his decision, which although she doesn't like it she will accept it. We don't all enjoy christmas and if we want to be on our own without having to pretend we enjoy it then let us.

Each to their own of course, no-one should feel obliged to join in with someone else's festivities and there's a lot to be said for spending it on your own! I just don't get why recieving an offer (which of course can be politely declined) is a reason to spend all day angry and fed up. It's patently ridiculous.

Turned up yesterday, and after a while, Fatha_AD asked me to hide the Rover in a nearby street as his sister is coming today and he doesn't want her to see the accident damage and bring it all back up again. To put this into perspective, he won't drive to Tesco anymore (the damage occurred on the roundabout outside) and he hasn't driven the Rover since the accident in June/July. I think it would be easier if I got it fixed, but he just reckons I should scrap it instead. I don't like putting a healthy dog down, but at the same time I can't justify throwing loads of cash at a bodyshop to get a completely worthless car cosmetically sorted. 600s with average condition and mileage are only worth £200 or so with some MoT.

Oh I get it.  The offer has already been politely declined, well in advance, but the donors appear not to have understood simple English and taken "No" as "Yes."  

Exactly that Eddy.

The offer is fine, that's normal. Ignoring that it's been declined & just going ahead anyway is rude & annoying.

I reckon a wander through the woods is in order later..... I'm deliberately not drinking at dinner so I can leave the house later and then I can start banging through the gin once I've settled in for the night.

I've been out with the dog through the woods already, managed to get almost all the way back to the car when she rolled in something stinky and has had to be hosepiped and shampoo'd as smelly dogs wouldn't be welcome at Christmas dinner.

Took the dog that wanted a walk out for a couple of hours expecting the goose to be about 2/3rds ready. Got back to find the mrs absolutely fast asleep on the sofa, the goose is still in the bloody fridge! I'm hanging out man, I didn't even get any chocolates this morning ffs!

Beer it is I suppose.

Took the dog that wanted a walk out for a couple of hours expecting the goose to be about 2/3rds ready. Got back to find the mrs absolutely fast asleep on the sofa, the goose is still in the bloody fridge! I'm hanging out man, I didn't even get any chocolates this morning ffs!

Beer it is I suppose.

Maccys are open...nugget happy meal, anyone?

Beer it is I suppose.

The dog and I saw a deer again this morning, if I had been walking with guns it could have been venison....

I'd hoped to drive down to my folks in Suffolk today but my dad's recently been very poorly with respiratory issues.

I woke up coughing. sore throat, snuffles. Don't really fancy gifting a miserable dose of man flu to him, so mum, sis and I agreed "Christmas" is postponed until January (we don't generally celebrate it as a family, but this was the first time in ages where I would have been able to rock up to theirs on the day itself, due to having a car again).

Gutted :(

Incidentally, I'm with Hooli - I also send out hints to everyone about my hatred for The Day (this year excepted) - my colleagues are cool with it and I don't get invited to any enforced jollity relating to it.

I had to turn away my neighbours from my front door one Christmas Day when they asked if I wanted to join them for Christmas dinner. Made some bollocks up that'd I'd already started cooking. Mid-conversation, my microwave pinged to announce my frozen chicken dinner for one was ready. Thanked them for the offer and politely declined.

Got my lad an xbox for Christmas. He loves minecraft and lego so thought was a good idea. Was second hand but worked fine. Lad unwrapped it. Really excited to find the bastard thing wont open draw. Managed to release itand seemed to be fine. Put game in for it to mash it up and seize. Fucking wonderful. Made me feel like shit.