The grumpy thread

outlaw118

That darned Government and their so called 'back to work' financial assistance. I was off work for a few years and when I went back part time (new job) I was on Working Tax Credits. This benefit works in an odd way in that they calculate what wonga you get based on your previous financial year's earnings. After a couple of good promotions with nice pay increases I voluntarily asked them to cease payment, as I could see I would well exceed the lower threshold for getting the benefit.

So why the actual fuck do I today get a letter from HMRC asking for £60 back of benefit I never received in the 2016/17 tax year. Beggar's belief. Will add to FRO pile.

That darned Government and their so called 'back to work' financial assistance. I was off work for a few years and when I went back part time (new job) I was on Working Tax Credits. This benefit works in an odd way in that they calculate what wonga you get based on your previous financial year's earnings. After a couple of good promotions with nice pay increases I voluntarily asked them to cease payment, as I could see I would well exceed the lower threshold for getting the benefit.

So why the actual fuck do I today get a letter from HMRC asking for £60 back of benefit I never received in the 2016/17 tax year. Beggar's belief. Will add to FRO pile.

thank you lucky stars that they only want £60......

i had the same thing, after been on the dole for 18 months i got back into work, and somewhere along the line got put on tax credit too for the first year.

only i then got a letter from the revenue demanding £2000, followed a year later for another demand for £3000.

in both cases, the demanded money was too be paid within 6 weeks.....

great!]

next time, if i ever EVER am in that position again i will tell'em to take their tax credits and shove them up their collective arses.

OK.

By popular request then, another chapter in the book of why do I bother.

I finally tested the Focus yesterday because I've had a sudden and quite nasty dose of flu which nicely bridged the gap between her "asap" key returning (half two the next day if anyone is keeping score) and this week.

• I sent her a text straight after the test saying "car is ready for you to collect, please let me know when you want to come for it" but got no reply.
  • Nothing for the rest of the day, or this morning, or most of this afternoon...
  • I was out on an autoelectrical job in gateshead at about 4, I was planning to go straight on from there to see an old mate for a catch up and a natter so I didn't have to drive the rush hour (which is a pig)
  • Guess who rang to say she was outside the yard? Yeah. Called over on spec, didn't check first. Sigh.
  • MoT side is open, car is accessible, I have the keys though. Feck...
  • OK I said, hang on and I'll be there ASAP but it's going to be at least half an hour maybe longer.
  • Drive back through hideous traffic, less than 5 mins from base the phone rang, then rang again, then I got a message. Ignored these because DRIVING.
  • Arrive at yard, no sign of them. Check message, is her, she's gone and it's my fault if she misses her doctor's appointment.

There are no words left for how irritated I am, but at least my friend was understanding and said she'd catch up with me some other time.

Could jakebullet build you an Argos catalogue firing howitzer? This hosebeast is well overdue a few 'brick pamphlets'. 

thank you lucky stars that they only want £60......

i had the same thing, after been on the dole for 18 months i got back into work, and somewhere along the line got put on tax credit too for the first year.

only i then got a letter from the revenue demanding £2000, followed a year later for another demand for £3000.

in both cases, the demanded money was too be paid within 6 weeks.....

great!]

next time, if i ever EVER am in that position again i will tell'em to take their tax credits and shove them up their collective arses.

It could be that I'm a jammy c*nt then, because I made the mistake of reading the tax credit renewal info, and it listed my oldest child (an adult) as in full time education.

Well he was at university and that's full time.

It says if it is correct I don't have to do anything, and they continued to send me £350 plus quid a month, (which pays for the £350 tax and NI I was paying every month)

9 months later I get a letter asking me to prove said child is in full time education. 

The list of proof did not include anything from a university. So I phoned them.

Turns out I should have phoned them 9 months before to tell them he was no longer in full time secondary education.

They then continued to pay me for another 3 months before then demanding ££££££ with 14 days please.

I phoned them, had a discussion about whose fault the over payment of £4K was, and they pointed out that on page 302 of their 1002 page booklet that they sent out, it explained that full time education meant secondary education. So I pleaded poverty. So then we had 2 years where they paid nothing, and then they demanded £2.2k NOW which I negotiated to 3 years at £59 month. 

So I've just finished paying my £4K interest free loan over 5 years.  

I know how to annoy you even more.

I added 17-Coffees to my Mondeo's insurance policy so we can share the driving down to Birmingham next weekend for the classic car show.

They reduced my premium by... £138! It was only £330 in the first place! I don't know either, but I'm not questioning it.

Post 17-Coffee's details and we'll all add him to our policies. Obviously no chance he'll fall asleep at the wheel.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

They’re on sale at discounted prices.

People like them.

I don’t get fireworks either, but then again I don’t like Emmerdale either.

Emmerdale doesn't rattle your windows, spook your pets and keep your kids awake though.

The heavy artillery shells my neighbours were exploding in their garden for hours on end would have made kim John ill back down.

Oh, I know what's wrong. There's one thing sticking out like the bollocks on a bulldog. The longer this continues, the longer it damages me. 

I'm just not in the position to solve it. Not senior enough, you see. Not enough has been done, but were I to push further, I'd be in trouble myself. 

I managed to choke down some porridge about 15 minutes ago, so there's that. 

I’ve just bought a 1978/9 CB400A...

Does it run? Fuck knows.

When was it last road legal? Possibly 1999.

Is it complete? Your guess is as good as mine.

Has it got the correct fuel tank? I don’t believe so.

Do I have a motorbike license? No.

Where are the pics? If I have any self respect, you may not get them...

Not my finest hour.

Aston Martin, on 08 Nov 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:Aston Martin, on 08 Nov 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:Aston Martin, on 08 Nov 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:Aston Martin, on 08 Nov 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

Does it run? Fuck knows.

Not my finest hour.

Oh gawd, that's one of those dismal 2-speed semi-automatic things, isn't it? MISERY. Well bought.

We definitely need pics, it's the Invacar of medium-sized motorcycles.

Oh gawd, that's one of those dismal 2-speed semi-automatic things, isn't it? MISERY. Well bought.

We definitely need pics, it's the Invacar of medium-sized motorcycles.

There is no such thing as a bad automatic, as automatics are the future. In an ideal world they’d all be CVT’s.

Wiki says they only sold them here for 6 months, and the auto box means it essentially has the same performance as the 250... and has low MPG.

Bloody pay-as-go ultilites. They lied to me when I moved in so when I topped up this morning most of the topup vanished on the previous person's debt. Ring them up & find out a totally different way to inform them that the reason I have a different name & just bought the house is I'm not the last lot of people...but I don't get the money back till they process that.

Roll on a week or two's time when I get back on a proper energy supply that isn't designed for pikeys.

There is no such thing as a bad automatic, as automatics are the future. In an ideal world they’d all be CVT’s.

Wiki says they only sold them here for 6 months, and the auto box means it essentially has the same performance as the 250... and has low MPG.

I thought the auto-twatic Dreams lasted longer than that but only from memory.   We certainly took the piss out of them for longer than 6 months.....

Bloody pay-as-go ultilites. They lied to me when I moved in so when I topped up this morning most of the topup vanished on the previous person's debt. Ring them up & find out a totally different way to inform them that the reason I have a different name & just bought the house is I'm not the last lot of people...but I don't get the money back till they process that.

Roll on a week or two's time when I get back on a proper energy supply that isn't designed for pikeys.

I've had that but I was the pikey.

They lied how much it cost when you pressed the emergency button so when I topped it up all it did was clear the debt.

For about 3 days I had no electricity. They didn't give a shit when I rung.

I've had that but I was the pikey.

They lied how much it cost when you pressed the emergency button so when I topped it up all it did was clear the debt.

For about 3 days I had no electricity. They didn't give a shit when I rung.

Butlins holiday prisoner camps had the chalets on the same kind of thing - dad was a 'lecky/electronics bod - so we never* ever* had ours rigged to run all week on zero input...... I think they figured we ate out all the time...........

Does it run? Fuck knows.

Not my finest hour.

I've had two 400As.  They're, um, interesting.

I can honestly say I have never felt this rough.

Not taking steroids at the moment because even though they make me feel better they are destroying my body. My bowel has been going into spasm for a couple of weeks which is painful.

I am back at Wythenshawe next week for a review - I hope they start the medication soon because I cannot go on like this and do a full time job with shift work.

OK.

By popular request then, another chapter in the book of why do I bother.

I finally tested the Focus yesterday because I've had a sudden and quite nasty dose of flu which nicely bridged the gap between her "asap" key returning (half two the next day if anyone is keeping score) and this week.

• I sent her a text straight after the test saying "car is ready for you to collect, please let me know when you want to come for it" but got no reply.
  • Nothing for the rest of the day, or this morning, or most of this afternoon...
  • I was out on an autoelectrical job in gateshead at about 4, I was planning to go straight on from there to see an old mate for a catch up and a natter so I didn't have to drive the rush hour (which is a pig)
  • Guess who rang to say she was outside the yard? Yeah. Called over on spec, didn't check first. Sigh.
  • MoT side is open, car is accessible, I have the keys though. Feck...
  • OK I said, hang on and I'll be there ASAP but it's going to be at least half an hour maybe longer.
  • Drive back through hideous traffic, less than 5 mins from base the phone rang, then rang again, then I got a message. Ignored these because DRIVING.
  • Arrive at yard, no sign of them. Check message, is her, she's gone and it's my fault if she misses her doctor's appointment.
There are no words left for how irritated I am, but at least my friend was understanding and said she'd catch up with me some other time.
You dont need to be rude or funny with her - just tell her never to ask you to do any work for her again.

They should’ve reset the keys - I had to endure this bull shit in a couple of rentals

..... and the BTL I’m buying has them, and I’m not changing them. #hypocrite