The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bloody Bloody Bloody Virgin Media cockwombling mong beans .....

Internet has been mostly off all day for the last 3 days , comes on for a minute or so.. Then bombs out.

Phoned up (As you do) 1 hour later got in touch with some Indian Guy who was as much use as a Marzipan Dildo .

''Is it running now,?''  - ''Yes but I daresay it will bomb out soon''

''Well if it does sir , just call us back''

''What ? FFS''

And its still more off than on now - Took me 2 hours waiting for the piss poor Broadband to come back on to rant here - Fuckers

rear washer did not work today  , so I pressed it , and pressed it , and pressed it some more , the wiper worked ,and  then I went around a corner ,

and all the water cascaded out of the plastic hatch  surround,  over the parcel shelf , down into the boot carpet  and into the spare wheel well ... 

and the pipe was a f in bar steward to get back on !!!

I have just been on to BT.

A Lenovo Thinkpad I bought this morning was being blocked from the internet by a stupid BT page demanding we download some shite from them.

No help on chat, he wanted to talk on the phone but I have no working phones (hate them).

Eventually managed by disabling some nonsense in the HomeHub that only seems to affect Windows computers (mine are all Linux and the phones Android)

As a helpdesk, 0/10.

Same for Windows 10.  Heap of steaming shite.

BT HomeHub.

There's your problem right there. Fucking heaps of steaming turd, those are. Even more so than Windows 10 (which I actually don't mind all that much once you turn off at least half of its 'features').

I'm getting on fine with Plusnet.

Bloody Bloody Bloody Virgin Media cockwombling mong beans .....

Internet has been mostly off all day for the last 3 days , comes on for a minute or so.. Then bombs out.

Phoned up (As you do) 1 hour later got in touch with some Indian Guy who was as much use as a Marzipan Dildo .

''Is it running now,?'' - ''Yes but I daresay it will bomb out soon''

''Well if it does sir , just call us back''

''What ? FFS''

And its still more off than on now - Took me 2 hours waiting for the piss poor Broadband to come back on to rant here - Fuckers

Hate to say it, but mine started doing this in June and hasn't been on for more than 2 days since. In one weekend it restarted 300 times. They're having some serious network faults.

The good news is they've announced a price rise, so under their terms and conditions you've got until the end of September to ring them up and tell them to stick it with no contract exit penalty. I'm going to head to Plusnet who have offered me faster, for cheaper - but then I'm Broadband only, not TV

Beginning to think about finding a tame welder around the Bacup/Rawtenstall area should my K11 M Reg need welding for it's MOT.. hoping for another MOT or two before moving on to something larger ( need the NCB ) got till about Nov to really find someone should it be an issue ( MOT Jan '18.)

Or learn to weld... Like I need to do ..

Hate to say it, but mine started doing this in June and hasn't been on for more than 2 days since. In one weekend it restarted 300 times. They're having some serious network faults.

The good news is they've announced a price rise, so under their terms and conditions you've got until the end of September to ring them up and tell them to stick it with no contract exit penalty. I'm going to head to Plusnet who have offered me faster, for cheaper - but then I'm Broadband only, not TV

Its the lack of response which seriously fucks me off , Been with them for 3 plus years now , so Fuck em, if they cant sort it . Im gone . Plus net sounds good

Cycled up to get a curry earlier.   On the way back I moved into the middle of the road to turn right, having looked behind and signalled.    There was a Transit behind me about nine car lengths back.  Just as I reached the crown of the road to wait for two cars coming the other way, I got the feeling matey in the Transit wasn't slowing down.   Luckily, Mr Audi coming the other way appraised the situation and braked, allowing me to nip in front of him, pedalling like a hamster on blueys while Van Man whipped up on the left hand side, looking at his bloody phone.....The Cunt. 

I should have got his number or something but to be honest the potential gravity of the situation didn't hit me until I was halfway home.   Proper put me off my takeaway, too.  Hope he chokes on his fucking tea.

Its the lack of response which seriously fucks me off , Been with them for 3 plus years now , so Fuck em, if they cant sort it . Im gone . Plus net sounds good

I get hacked off by having to phone up to report a fault, even though they know there's a fault, before they'll credit my account with compensation.

They did mess up a date somewhere and gave me 65 days instead of 5 days last time though so I've got about £55 bill credit.

Since then I've learned that asking for Tier 2 support gets you someone clever, whereas the first line support just have a book of lies they consult. Last time, someone sent a "signal to my WiFi to make it connect better" - even though I don't use the WiFi on the modem (I've got an external router) and it was an entire failure of the incoming signal that was the fault.

Have to say I've found Plusnet brilliant. Very, very reliable and no bother with customer sevices the od time we've had to call them. If you're using them to stick it to the BT man though, they're now actually owned by them, I believe. 

Well I know it's not the ting to say but I've got sky fibre and it's excellent.

Old sky broadband used to fail all the time but this has only been down on e or twice in the last two or so years I've had it. We're quite far from the exchange and it's pretty fast. Would be quicker if it was fibre to the house not cabinet though.

Don't know how much it costs but it's unlimited, which is good as I used 42.3gb on YouTube alone last month.

Talking of welding. I'm thinking of doing a course here in Doodlay starting in Jan or Feb. £250 seems fair for the basics. Two evenings a week over three months, or summat.

Put the money you were going to pay for the course towards a welder and gas and learn by doing on some steel at home