The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Why are you complaining? You're 36p up.

(cue Life on Mars 'who cares about 27p?')

Could have been to balance the till for all you know.

No complaint made just the 'how the fuck do you get that wrong' level of stupidity is astounding.

I one bought two little statue things in a charity shop which were 99p each. The young girl behind the counter messed about with the till for far too long and said "3.96 please" we told her she was wrong so she corrected it on the till and then said "5.94 please" big sighs all round.

I accidentally wire brushed the back of my hand yesterday and now it is sore and a bit weepy.

Always wear gloves kids...

Just been trying to undo a very old rusty jubilee clamp from the Capri's crankcase breather catch tank. It was well on there so I got a set of grips to hold it and a nice big screwdriver to undo it.

The head started to round so I forced the screwdriver into the slot really hard...

It then slipped out and I was pushing on it very hard. It's gouged a nasty deep rip all the way across the palm of my left hand!

It's throbbing now and it's going to be a bitch to heal as it's right on the crease where your hand bends every time you move it.

Always wear gloves kids...

Jubilee clips are shit ! The much hated spring lamps are much better if you have the tools

Yes! This one was really old, probably not been undone in the cars 43 year life either.

It was one of those where you think, 'if this slips it's going to hurt' then it did slip and did hurt. I did think about digging the hacksaw out and just cutting it off tbh but couldn't be arsed. That's exactly what I've just had to do to get it off.

Go into the shop, buy something for £2 and hand over a £20 note and I get this as change:

IMG_20170714_1308261.jpg

How?

It is not a difficult sum and the till also tells you what to give back to the customer!

It's the bloody self service tills that piss me right off.

Tesco one had to give me £1.50 the other day. Two coins? No. Nine. Nine fucking coins for £1.50.

Probably been here before, but...

adverts on Youtube. It's just dogshit on toast that you can't bang StarSailor/Stevie Wonder/Squeeze/whoever on without watching the bastarding start like a hawk so you can skip the advert. Also, finding my 94th copy of Carter USM Straw Donkey under my van seat, and finding it's knackered.

Probably been here before, but...

adverts on Youtube. It's just dogshit on toast that you can't bang StarSailor/Stevie Wonder/Squeeze/whoever on without watching the bastarding start like a hawk so you can skip the advert. Also, finding my 94th copy of Carter USM Straw Donkey under my van seat, and finding it's knackered.

Adblock Plus Billy!

I have four YouTube accounts that are very thoroughly used and never see an advert.

I'm sick of being skint.

I know it's probably been moaned about by loads of people on here before, but it's really starting to wear me down.

I've just been paid, done my "budget" for the month, and I've got fuck all for show for it. The car has just taken £300 off me, which whilst not unexpected, I could have done without. I did some cash in hand work a couple of weeks ago, and got paid a lot less than I was expecting - certainly less than minimum wage - and i'm supposed to be driving to Devon next week for a holiday (paid for by Mutha_Outlaw) and can see me having to ponce diesel money off the olds to get back home again.

Does anyone want to buy a kidney?

RANT OVER

I saw probably the dumbest most reckless motorway manoeuvre yesterday. Leaving the M2 at the Ebbsfleet turnoff (coast-bound side), it's a fairly long, two lane slip road to a roundabout. We're a few cars behind in the left lane when a Golf mk4 guns it past everyone, looking like he's using the hard shoulder to undertake a car in the m2 slow lane but actually squeezes past it and the barrier to get on the slip road. He literally passed about 3 cars in the smallest space I've ever seen. 

No wonder that road is always backed up and the speed enforcement getting ever more aggressive.

It's the bloody self service tills that piss me right off.

Tesco one had to give me £1.50 the other day. Two coins? No. Nine. Nine fucking coins for £1.50.

Total agreement. I've never had a 50, and only one 10p from Tesco self serve shit things. 20s, 5s and fookin 1s.  End up with a pocket full of chicken feed.

Total agreement. I've never had a 50, and only one 10p from Tesco self serve shit things. 20s, 5s and fookin 1s.  End up with a pocket full of chicken feed.

They're getting revenge on people like me who use the things to get rid of all their change. They've fitted coin slots over the hoppers to try and put people off (you used to be able to dump handfuls of coppers in at once), but I have the patience (bloody mindedness?) to put all my 1p's in individually. 

I don't use the bastard things any more.    I seem to have a conductivity problem with my fingers anyway - can't use touch screens or smart phones.   Best use for my digits is sticking two of them up at Tesco and Asda with their horrid little self-service pens and waiting in line for a proper person to serve me.    

Guest Hooli

Adblock Plus Billy!

I have four YouTube accounts that are very thoroughly used and never see an advert.

I wish it worked for me, I've got ABP installed on Firefox & still get all the damn adverts playing.