The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just spent the last 3 hours fitting a electric boot popper kit to the wifes Mgf.

Checked it first and apart from a minor discrepancy in the wiring diagram it worked fine.

Installed it and wired it up to find that it couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding!!

Works fine when it's not connected to the lock cable but doesn't when connected.

Piece of shit.

Sold some Vanden Plas 1500 hubcaps via the Allegro club on Facebook. Sent then with MyHermes. Buyer asked at 15.12 if I'd sent them. Checked Hermes and they'd left them in the porch at 15.15, 3 minutes after the seller queried where they were.

"We don't have a porch"

Ffs! What's going on? Checked on street view and none of the estate has a porch or anything like a porch. This'll be the first one Hermes have lost (I assume the buyer isn't pulling a fast one)

May put in a claim early doors.

I want to whine about litter again. I got home at 1:30am the other day, and there were a couple of bottles and cans on the ground near the car (there always are) but since it's recycling bin day I ended up risking a reputation as 'litter weirdo' and walking the entire length of the street putting the many, many bottles and cans in the closest bins. 

But what really annoyed me is the knowledge that 100 houses put out their bins that evening, and dozens of them didn't bother to pick up the litter immediately in front of them. The people passing through don't give a shit, and the people living on the street don't give a shit either. It's tiring.

I want to whine about litter again. I got home at 1:30am the other day, and there were a couple of bottles and cans on the ground near the car (there always are) but since it's recycling bin day I ended up risking a reputation as 'litter weirdo' and walking the entire length of the street putting the many, many bottles and cans in the closest bins. 

But what really annoyed me is the knowledge that 100 houses put out their bins that evening, and dozens of them didn't bother to pick up the litter immediately in front of them. The people passing through don't give a shit, and the people living on the street don't give a shit either. It's tiring.

Sounds exactly like our street in Yobvil. Why put you litter in the bin ( most people keep the bins out front) when it is far easier to drop it in the street.

But the teachers wouldn't get 8 weeks holiday

The poor darlings.

Please don't start on this hoary old chestnut - it merely underlines your ignorance.  

Domestic Management (of whom I see little enough during term-time) is - and has been - showing all the familiar signs of being physically and mentally unwell for some considerable time.  She loves her job and is very good at it, but the third week of this month will come as a relief.

She's actually considering early retirement, not that we can really afford it, but her health and wellbeing comes first.

Guest Hooli

It's always guaranteed to get a reaction when you mention it tho . Touchy touchy

It's almost like they are all defensive over it ;)

It's almost like they are all defensive over it ;)

Come and live with me for a week mate, you'll soon see how stressful it is and how it takes over their life.

The missus is a teacher and there are some days I wish she'd jack it in. The money is alright and the pension is good but fuck me it's not worth the hassle.

Just arrived home from work, police are here, my door lock is not longer attached to the door frame, the flat across the hall's door is no longer on it's hinges, seemingly I was burgled. Thankfully the postman who lives next door came home at 12 found the thieves (and bloke and a lass) sat on the front door step to the block and phoned the police when he saw the doors were smashed in and they were promptly caught after trying to leg it.

The only thing they seem to have tried to take was my tin of loose change. Guessing they were after cash only, drug money most likely. I have to head up to Aberdeenshire to clear my bloody garage, currently trying to bodge my door lock back on with an Imperial spanner, a butter knife and a small pair of scissors which waiting for my landlady to contact her insurance company...

#GlasgowLyfe