The grumpy thread

outlaw118

How are you supposed to view an item before bidding? Are we all meant to buy blind now?

You aren't, and yes. Thems the rules you have to sign up to sadly.

Not ideal.

If not as described etc then you have to go down that route after purchasing.

Just one of the risks of buying stuff on there really.

Assume it's sellers than buyers eBay are clamping down on? I'm always asking careful questions to get contact details then trying to do a deal in person.

Had a cracking weekend away with the Missus.   Full on rocking with brilliant mates and in a great place.   Could have taken the Cowley instead of the 190E but that was my choice based on a fuck-witted weather report, never mind it didn't spoil the weekend and actually got me there and back a bit quicker and cheaper! 

Why grump? 

Got home this afternoon looking forward to a lazy tea out of the freezer (frozen Paella, whitebait and ice cream).   No dice.  Some cunt left the freezer door open on Friday when he was putting stuff away before we left.

It has already cost me a fish and chip supper and I fear it will all "need" re-stocking tomorrow morning when/if she speaks to me again.    Bollocks.   I am only eating tinned food from now on.

Had a cracking weekend away with the Missus. Full on rocking with brilliant mates and in a great place. Could have taken the Cowley instead of the 190E but that was my choice based on a fuck-witted weather report, never mind it didn't spoil the weekend and actually got me there and back a bit quicker and cheaper!

Why grump?

Got home this afternoon looking forward to a lazy tea out of the freezer (frozen Paella, whitebait and ice cream). No dice. Some cunt left the freezer door open on Friday when he was putting stuff away before we left.

It has already cost me a fish and chip supper and I fear it will all "need" re-stocking tomorrow morning when/if she speaks to me again. Bollocks. I am only eating tinned food from now on.

SMEG!

Just had to fill out another set of forms for work, HR bollocks.

Including proving i have the right to work here, presumably i'll get the income tax back i've paid for the past 45 years if my long expired passport isn't good enough, no thought not.

For death benefit insurance they want to know SWMBO date of birth, they've got more chance of pissing in the queens handbag than ever knowing that.

grr, am i the only one getting thoroughly pissed off with how much every bugger wants to know.

i've done me usual on ethnicity section, no answer, been a long held annoyance of mine that cos i is white and so called British one box is fine, but had i happened to be of another skin taint or race there's a whole bloody list of possibles to run through.

Pity there's no social position list of tick boxes, you know the ones, where the upper crust are at the top and those unimportant ones of us who get our hands dirty are right at the bottom (presumably where we belong in their eyes), well for the last 40 years i've been drawing two crossed lines through them all and scrawling ''scum of the earth lorry driver'' in block capitals.

Hope i'm on a deplorables list somewhere.

I may be about to get very pissed off.

Next week we have a round trip journey of about 350 miles. That will be basically 340 miles on dual carriageway or motorway and the rest on normal roads. Mrs BN doesn't do motorways, or long jouneys on dual carriageways. She doesn't like driving automatics.

So, she suggests* that we do the trip in her car so that 'we can share the driving while we are there'. That means I would have to drive the gutless, tinny, nasty, uncomfortable piece of crap that is her car (other piles of gutless, tinny, nasty, uncomfortable pieces of crap are available) for 350 miles. On motorways. On dual carriageways. At 35mpg because I'd have to thrash it senseless.

This is in preference to my car. Which would eat the journey. At 60 mpg.

And when we get there I'll have to drive anyway.

So I'll lose the discussion*. In fact there won't be one will there?

^^^, yep, i looked like i'd been down the pit for a 14 hour shift last month.

never think to put me old work safety helmet with face shield on till i'm already plastered and its too late, going to do a underbody touch up on the Subaru later this week all being well, will i remember me helmet?, probably not.

I may be about to get very pissed off.

Next week we have a round trip journey of about 350 miles. That will be basically 340 miles on dual carriageway or motorway and the rest on normal roads. Mrs BN doesn't do motorways, or long jouneys on dual carriageways. She doesn't like driving automatics.

So, she suggests* that we do the trip in her car so that 'we can share the driving while we are there'. That means I would have to drive the gutless, tinny, nasty, uncomfortable piece of crap that is her car (other piles of gutless, tinny, nasty, uncomfortable pieces of crap are available) for 350 miles. On motorways. On dual carriageways. At 35mpg because I'd have to thrash it senseless.

This is in preference to my car. Which would eat the journey. At 60 mpg.

And when we get there I'll have to drive anyway.

So I'll lose the discussion*. In fact there won't be one will there?

My way round this would be to do ALL the driving if it meant being able to take my car. 

Driving to Leeds from north wales in a bit in my nice comfy jag on my own with a nice 80's compilation cd to listen to.

Love my hometown of Leeds.

The grump is...........

Going to visit my sister then go see my mum in hospital for probably the last time as she's in the last stages of dementia and hasn't got long to go. ☹️☹️☹️

Life can be so good but so shit at times.

Ordered brakes for the Puma on ebay and selected Argos as the delivery point. All paid for and sent off. 

Argos have refused them and now are sending them back to the seller. He wants me to pay for another lot of shipping to send them to another address.  I am slightly annoyed by this turn of events. 

I was out working on standby last night, got dragged out at 2am to the back and beyond near Chichester. This means I get a few hours of resting time today instead of going to work.

Trying to get a few hours sleep in this morning and some complete bell piece is out on the strip of land next door (owned by the local school) strimming the grass!

All I can hear is the little two stroke chugging away and the stink of petrol/oil! The land has been left more or less overgrown for about a year up to now so why today of all days!?

I was out working on standby last night, got dragged out at 2am to the back and beyond near Chichester. This means I get a few hours of resting time today instead of going to work.

Trying to get a few hours sleep in this morning and some complete bell piece is out on the strip of land next door (owned by the local school) strimming the grass!

All I can hear is the little two stroke chugging away and the stink of petrol/oil! The land has been left more or less overgrown for about a year up to now so why today of all days!?

How very dare a man do his job !

I would use a sarcastic eyes rolling emoticon but it would just bring up a load of question marks ????

See

Hmmmm.. Great. The Saab dashboard lit up recently with dire bongs and warnings of ABS, traction control and brake failure. Speedometer also dead. Thought it was just a faulty ABS sensor, but no. The ABS ECU has shat itself.... Local friendly garage have sent ECU off for repairs. Just as we need the car for a 400 mile work journey.....

Ho Hum.