The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Went to start the BX Estate today ready for its journey on Tuesday for mass servicing and MOT. Won't start. Just clicks.

Hope it's just the battery as I'll swap it from another one. Hopefully not the coil...

Oops. Missed this. Non-starting is very common on XUDs. Usually engine earth failure. I've resorted to making my own with a jump lead before now - gearbox to neg terminal. Once it's running, it'll be fine.

I actually need a good cordless screwdriver. Got a job fitting some decking. Budget around £100 if possible. Any good ideas or tips?

If you only need a screw driver rather than drill combo then an impact driver is the future. Takes all the effort out of the job. You can get a half decent erbauer for around a ton.

Had an email from MINI today, not that unusual, I suppose. I've never owned one but then random marketing messages arrive from all sorts of businesses.

This wasn't random, it thanked me by name for visiting their Milton Keynes showroom on Saturday and asked if I needed anymore info. The thing is I didn't speak to anyone , let alone give my name or email address!

These fuckers obviously hacked my phone and cross referenced it with info they have from when I've bought stuff in the past from the BMW parts dept.

Went out for tea and someone smacked their door into mine denting it and chipping the paint, you can see how bad the dent is from how the trim line in the reflection deviates, there is also paint exchange, I was fuming

20170626_194546_zpsvlxuobgl.jpg

Yes it was the silver 206 in the picture, we caught up with the owner

I actually need a good cordless screwdriver. Got a job fitting some decking. Budget around £100 if possible. Any good ideas or tips?

Any half way decent impact driver will do, but what ever you choose using decent screws like spax or reisser will make the job much easier as they self start and counter sink the head, cuts down on pre drilling holes to stop the wood splitting.

http://reissernew.co.uk/shop/deck-screw/

https://www.spax.com/uk/craftsmen/screw-finder/products/stainless-steel/spax-specials/decking-screw-a2

Screwfix have set of dewalt 10.8v drill and impact driver, I use Ryobi which are a decent DIY brand but an 18v twin pack will set you back over 150 notes. 10.8v might struggle to drive in a load of 60mm decking screws, 18v will find it much easier.

I've used the titan twin set and found it to be gutless, spend another 50 quid and get something 18v. Make sure you have a set with an impact driver though as they are great bits of kit and you can use them on your cars if you buy the socket adaptors.

Couldn't find the ebay wankers thread so it is going here

Ordered a set of rear shocks off orocle-motorstore... and got this...

Hi,

We are sorry to say but seems that Contitech shown us wrong stock level and this shocker kit is out of stock. We can swap it to Boge shockers for 36 pounds extra and proceed with your order.

Or refund you.

let us know which option you prefer asap.

Regards
Sarunas

So I send this reply...

In which case why have you not removed the item from sale or is it just an excuse to try to extract extra money from stupid ebayers? may be you should send me the alternative shocks FOC as now I will have to source them from elsewhere with all the extra time and effort that will entail.
Yes if you will not send me the shocks I ordered then I will have a refund ASAP.

Very Annoyed.....

No answer yet...but I have already ordered the same shocks from another seller so we will see if they arrive...

I don't know what DID happen, but can tell you that the above DIDN'T happen....

I don't mean some computer geek was in the showroom in a darkened room frantically tapping keys before I went out of range. But somehow, possibly from something I've inadvertently agreed to on a BMW website in the past ,combined with my phone trying to connect to their wifi or something , has generated this Big Brother type contact. To me that's marketing going too far.

Couldn't find the ebay wankers thread so it is going here

Ordered a set of rear shocks off orocle-motorstore... and got this...

So I send this reply...

No answer yet...but I have already ordered the same shocks from another seller so we will see if they arrive...

Seems like an overreaction to a genuine (having worked for an online factors) mistake, if I was the seller I'd immediately be thinking 'knob' :)

Had an email from MINI today, not that unusual, I suppose. I've never owned one but then random marketing messages arrive from all sorts of businesses.

This wasn't random, it thanked me by name for visiting their Milton Keynes showroom on Saturday and asked if I needed anymore info. The thing is I didn't speak to anyone , let alone give my name or email address!

These fuckers obviously hacked my phone and cross referenced it with info they have from when I've bought stuff in the past from the BMW parts dept.

Thanks for my new MINI, it was really nice of you to buy it for me.

I ordered some new caliper carrier bolts from the local Suzuki place.  Ever since then I get them phoning me with their new car special deals - I am not sure £6 bolts = New car buyer. 

Interestingly they were having a sale and selling the cars at cost price to them recently . 

Went out for tea and someone smacked their door into mine denting it and chipping the paint, you can see how bad the dent is from how the trim line in the reflection deviates, there is also paint exchange, I was fuming

:mad:  :-( nightmare. 

Guest Hooli

FFS

The weather and weather forecasts.

Due to the BBC forecasting yellow warning of torrential rain this afternoon with possible disruption to travel etc cancelled an outdoor event for this afternoon.

Currently sunshine and not raining. At all.

Great.

(Shakes fist at the heavens)

Work phoning up and saying shifts are cancelled, fucking 0-hour contracts, man. I need to find some sort of part time gig for the weekends to bolster my income.

It's a sad state of affairs to be going bald before you stop being financially dependant on your parents...

Seems like an overreaction to a genuine (having worked for an online factors) mistake, if I was the seller I'd immediately be thinking 'knob' :)

Really ... well I got a reply...

That is fine. Refund issued.

Our supplier show them in stock. That is why listings got not automated out of stocked.

But they did not arrived 3 times.

Regards

Sarunas

So two other people besides myself have also been pissed about by this fucking wanker who, despite knowing full well that he cannot get the item he is selling, has as of 2.31pm today renewed the listing saying that 8 of the items are available. I despair of people who believe it is acceptable to deliberately lie to try to up sell on an item they know full well is not available... If that makes me a Knob then so be it...On a brighter note the other item I ordered on Friday arrived a day early. It is not rocket science just don't try to sell items you do not have and cannot get.

My statement remains avoid oracle-motorstore like the plague he is a messer...

Oh and he hasn't issued the refund yet either...

Really ... well I got a reply...

So two other people besides myself have also been pissed about by this fucking wanker who, despite knowing full well that he cannot get the item he is selling, has as of 2.31pm today renewed the listing saying that 8 of the items are available. I despair of people who believe it is acceptable to deliberately lie to try to up sell on an item they know full well is not available... If that makes me a Knob then so be it...On a brighter note the other item I ordered on Friday arrived a day early. It is not rocket science just don't try to sell items you do not have and cannot get.

My statement remains avoid oracle-motorstore like the plague he is a messer...

Oh and he hasn't issued the refund yet either...

This is getting very common now I had it twice last year people listing brake discs for a Horizon. There were about 8 sellers listing ebc ones. Not one of them had them and ebc didn't have stock. After buying them twice and getting the appologetic email with the refund. I started asking the question if they didn't  actually have them then why did they list them. The answer was that they just "automatically list the whole ebc catalog and thanks for letting us know we will end the listing" which they still haven't. I complained to ebay about this and they didn't give a shit, the same as when I moaned about the chinesse companies with fake VAT registration numbers.

They can't read your mind but they can read your reg no. If you've ever tried to px a car with that group or bought a car with them they can x ref you with the reg no. I wouldn't think they'd do it unless you made an enquiry as it's pretty creepy.

Oops. Missed this. Non-starting is very common on XUDs. Usually engine earth failure. I've resorted to making my own with a jump lead before now - gearbox to neg terminal. Once it's running, it'll be fine.

My dad had this on a 19rd with 300 miles on the clock! Picked it up Friday afternoon and on the ferry Saturday morning. Damned thing refused to start again. He was not happy. I think it was a connector to the relay but I was about 13 at the time and can't remember.

I've used the titan twin set and found it to be gutless, spend another 50 quid and get something 18v. Make sure you have a set with an impact driver though as they are great bits of kit and you can use them on your cars if you buy the socket adaptors.

I've just picked up the Titan 18V combi drill as it had pretty good reviews - it seems decent enough for £60 to my amateurish eye. If I'd had slightly more dosh, I'd have gone for an Erbauer - I've got one of their circular saws and it's flipping brilliant. No-one other than pro tradesmen buys Makita or DeWalt anyway (do they?)

I have an Erbacher set and it is bloody brilliant. I use it to mix glue and the torque and strength of the drill surprises everybody. Buy a twin pack or an extra battery they don't last very long.

Your main problem will be the screw bits most are made of chocolate. I use bosch gold coloured ones which are not cheap but are excellent and will break the screw rather than round off. Well worth the small investment...