The grumpy thread

outlaw118

When did talking into your phone like a normal human being get replaced by the apprentice method?  (Incase you're not an apprentice viewer its where you have it on loudspeaker and hold it perpendicular to your mouth speaking into the bottom of it)

Everyone I see is doing it, why?  Stop it.

That's been my pet hate for a few years now. I don't want to hear what these w*nk*rs are saying, let alone their stupid friends. Put the 'phone to your ear and stop being a twat.  

When did talking into your phone like a normal human being get replaced by the apprentice method?  (Incase you're not an apprentice viewer its where you have it on loudspeaker and hold it perpendicular to your mouth speaking into the bottom of it)

Thanks, I have wondered from where that had spawned.

National Express customer service emailed me today

"After contacting the depot and staff at Victoria unfortunately your wallet has not been found"

Yet the coach company have it at their depot and have confirmed to me!

Covering their arses just in case the finder was a thieving get?

Fucked my leg up at work yesterday because of someones stupidity, i slipped on a plastic wrapper that was left on the floor where it shouldnt have been, into a chair which had its footplate left in the highest elevated position which it shouldnt have been, it shows the metalwork and trust me it's bloody sharp

IMG-20170623-WA0002_zpskmcwxt1l.jpg

My Hermes are trying to charge me £6.20 for a parcel I sent that was overweight. Like bollocks it was, bloody liars!

Last time this happened they delivered the item anyway and so the paypal invoice they sent me remains forever unpaid. Hopefully they'll just deliver this one, too. 

I do this at the mo because my ears are blocked up. It's the only way I can hear the convo.

Received a lower door repair panel from Amazon, wasn't over-packaged to their usual standard, just a little bubble and black cling and the couriers have stomped it. Tried the return thing and the only option offered is to send it back and claim a maximum of £4.75 costs which I'm not sure will cover it, Previous returns I've made have just been a matter of printing off a barcode and dropping off at a shop around the corner, Amazon winding down the convenience. The fuckers.

Genuine Spitfire overhead this morning (Supermarine rather than Triumph).

Didn't have a camera so guess it never happened.

We get one fly over quite regularly, along with the usual chinooks etc.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Chegs, don't think you were here when Hants PoPo had a light aircraft based over at Lee-on-the-Solent. Seemed like every sodding night it was out and about doing training flights going in circles!

This is probably TLDR,

An elderly lady that I used to do electrical work for can't get a handyman for love nor money. She asked me to jet wash her drive. (Lots of weeds and moss) Admittedly a large drive that is partly block paved.

I agreed to do it, but told her that I would not jet wash the block paving as it would wash out the sand between the blocks. I would only rinse the block paving and then treat it with weed killer. I said I would jet wash the concrete slabs. I did just that.

She had been quoted £2000 by some chancers. I was happy with £300 given the task.

So, I rinsed the block paving, jet washed the slabs and spent hours spraying weed killer on the block paving.

Two weeks later, voice mail message.

"Oh hello, it has just been raining, had some torrential rain and I have a big puddle on my drive.. It looks like the block paving has sunk after you jet washed it. Am not happy "

FFS.

I really need to stop trying to be a nice person. Helping old ladies/friends or whatever.