The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Driving vans was always like that, especially round Oswestry where it's roundabout after roundabout. You'd overtake someone doing 45, they'd get behind you at the next roundabout then overtake as you'd be slower accelerating. Then they'd get to 45mph and stay there so you'd overtake and it all started again. That's why I'd speed up and drive in the middle of the road where possible.

Today's grump is thinking it couldn't be too bad if I biked it to work. Last three miles I got drenched and the weather is even worse now, fingers crossed it's nicer early afternoon.

I lost count of how many cunts like that I encountered the last few days (I went from Aberdeen to Newcastle and back).

Even worse are the ones who toddle along at 60mph on a 70mph dual carriageway, so I pull out to overtake them, then just as I'm nearly finished overtaking, they go and speed up and sit just off my rear quarter! Twats!

My favourite* is the sort who is dawdling along at 60mph, you pass them and then 5 mins later they come bombing past at 90+, another 5 mins pass and you're stuck behind them again!

I'm glad my commute is rural roads at 6am in the morning or about 4pm in the afternoon, I manage to avoid the vast majority of traffic. If I had to assault a motorway or A-road at rush hour on a daily basis I'd likely be banged up for ramming somebody with my car and dismembering the driver with a ice scraper in the first week...

Also many 40mph zone around here, locals tend to take them at 15mph or 85mph. There is no middle ground.

Following our trip to Sunny Mumbles on Sunday,which included a full on hail and thunderstorm,the van decided to do its best impression of an air cooled vdub

Investigation turned up a nicely broken exhaust manifold....

And what an absolute basterd of a job to swap it over....

post-8026-0-05138500-1476818321_thumb.jpeg

post-8026-0-53555000-1476818358_thumb.jpeg

Trigger (or anyone else for that matter) posting political stuff on Autoshite.com

Have a word with yourself Trigger.

(Either pack Facebook in or keep political stuff where it belongs - over there, with the only exception perhaps being shite motoring related politics)

I've just slapped my forehead so hard that it now hurts, why? Because I've just seen this post that been shared on Facebook from some shit Brexit group.

bcc24a289a10a45dc91c656e1a9673de.jpg

It's clearly a photoshop piss take but the number of people replying thinking it's a real news item is staggering.

ca4cc19c911d85b42392da956adb4c18.jpg

As far as I'm concerned this covers everything for tyre-kickers and messers.

post-3776-0-09995300-1476870879.jpg

If you don't know where your bonnet release is, your screenwasher reservoir lid, your oil filler cap or dipstick LEAVE IT ALONE STUPID.

And whilst we're on the subject  - if you ask an experienced, time-served mechanic advice, promptly ignore it and then come bleating to me because the fetid heap of 10 yard (rain) shiny paintwork shit your Dad/Uncle/mate/random moronâ„¢ turns out to be exactly was I said it was - don't expect me to repair it for free.

My Range Rover has stickers - some of them painted over which makes them structural now.  :-)

1993 Range Rover 200Tdi Auto

Seemed appropriate for this thread as well....:-)