The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I wonder what the fly tipping statistics are in areas where taking rubbish to the dump is a faff.

A bit like this.

28714548242_0ca6ec4767_b.jpg

Somebody has dumped a caravan full of rubbish, a burnt out Shogun and a shitty old Volvo at the side of the road. Apparently there's at least two skips worth of stuff dumped along this road every month.

Well the saph is at home now, the upside was the recovery driver was fantastic, he was an older fella who was really gentle around the car i presume in fear of marking it, he was very complimentary about the car and it's condition, he reckoned sierra's weren't as shiney as mine when they were new, we had a good conversation on the way back about old motors, he even helped me push it into the drive when we got back as well.

I wonder what the fly tipping statistics are in areas where taking rubbish to the dump is a faff.

Pretty bad, and made worse because they've also closed the tips in the dales, so some would have to travel 30+ miles. Having said that, most of the prosecutions I've read about are pretty close to the tips that are still open.

Read yesterday that they're going to trial opening a tip in weardale one day a fortnight. That'll work well..

Replacement engine job it's dead, engine started knocking plumes of smoke then crunching then seized I clutched it and coasted when I heard the knocking, won't even turn over on the starter, may be the end of the car with me when ive put an engine in, I've had enough

I have a good engine if you want it unless you want a hatch instead of a saph.

Enterprise.... replacement car.... after talking to some mong that sounded like he had just got out of bed..

him "Is it a 7 seater you have?"

me "no, it is a nissan note"... after explaining this to 5 different people who pas me onto another line.

after knee trouble gave up manual and got auto car... i explain this also.

Him"oh i see you're local...you can pick the car up at 3pm"

me" no i can't.... you can deliver it as i am waiting on police"

him "ok it will be between 3-5"..

car arrives... 64 reg picasso... which is like a spaceship...diesel...and manual (smh).. i call them to say i cant drive that car...they say ok bring it back on monday and change it... while the recording gives you all the bullshit how helpful they are and put customer 1st...my arse... i have been without a car for 3 days because some twat cant be arsed to do his job by taking customers details and preferences down.

Guest Biggus Dickus

No old cars?

Bingo.

I thought I had logged on to www.autoshiteNormalCars.com

I know I am Johnny Seven Posts, but I read here a lot, and Skizzers Rancho post is about the best one on the main page and he hasnt even bought the fucker yet.

Discovered a downside to kinky girl being bi. Got here to find day at park is cancelled in favour of let's go to gay pride. Oh joy. As expected it was shit. Give it up for some twunt who was rejected off x factor 3 years ago. 

I'd have had more fun staying home drilling dice valve caps.

Bingo.

I thought I had logged on to www.autoshiteNormalCars.com

I know I am Johnny Seven Posts, but I read here a lot, and Skizzers Rancho post is about the best one on the main page and he hasnt even bought the fucker yet.

Oh piss off. Those are old cars now.

Also, if you don't like it, change it! Go on, contribute an old car yourself. If you can't, STFU.

Guest Biggus Dickus

I never said they werent old cars, but they arent exactly "shite" are they? Just typical examples you can see anywhere.

Anyway, never mind. I see the sites friendliness has gone too. Goodbye.

My rover rebuilt radiator didn't work , my pandas alternator is toast, I'm blabbering in to the Mrs about I'm sick spending money this , I've no time for cars that while at the very same time looking at that tatty sd1 vitesse for sale in eBay in Inverness .

Would anyone care to explain this psychological pheonominum?

My rover rebuilt radiator didn't work , my pandas alternator is toast, I'm blabbering in to the Mrs about I'm sick spending money this , I've no time for cars that while at the very same time looking at that tatty sd1 vitesse for sale in eBay in Inverness .

Would anyone care to explain this psychological pheonominum?

one of us, one of us, one of us, etc.

They aint modern, they're potentially going to be the oldest decent chod on the road in about 20 years and well bought before the penny drops with every other bugger.

90's designs (made up to about 2004/5 in mass produced stuff) were the pinnacle IMHO, everything came together, build quality, rust resistance, reliability and long life, economy performance safety and handling.

All whilst still reasonably fixable by either the competent home mechanic or a decent indy, and devoid of the cost a fuckin fortune and regular with it DPF  electric parking brakes and later German engines with timing chains of cheese and egr's that last 5 minutes but require half the car to be dismantled...oh by the way you do know that VW are going to put exhaust filters on their petrol cars starting imminently with the 1.4 super/turbocharged thingy i believe...i'm going to borrow a fortune i can't afford to buy one to show my green credentials er no i'm not they stick that crap where the sun don't shine.

Half the new shit they sell now, and getting worse, isn't going to be around in 10 years time.

True but I thought Autoshite was less about the age and more about the quirky or (lack of) desirability or something. That's not the correct term but I don't really know how to put it.

This wadn't just another old car forum really was it. It's more about the rarities, rare because they were unloved and forgotten about rather than being classics. Sort of throwaway cars that most people wouldn't fix up or have saved searches on eBay for.

But that's just my take on it.

I've gone and allowed myself to get sunburnt for about the first time in 10 years. I'm usually pretty responsible with wearing sun cream but didn't even consider it today for a couple of hours tooling round Newark auto jumble. Mistake now being paid for

(Which was shite btw and full of old motor bicycle tut as predicted by this great parish, but it was a trip out)

It's a tongue-in-cheek forum about crap old cars. Too old to be current but too new to be classics, just old bangers. That's my take on it. Stuff like concours MK3 Cortinas or Allegros are great to read about but where else can I ask about PT cruisers or discuss the woe of buying an 03 place Focus from a mate?