How to get ECP discount if parts for my car are not listed?

Peter C

I've never had any trouble with ECP but I'd prefer to support local motor factors, they're often the same price or cheaper even with ECP's spurious weekly flash sales.

ive recently gone back to my local factors,ok pads are a couple of quid dearer,but overall im saving money,£80 saved over euros price on a timing chain kit last week.

Forgot to mention, I stopped using ECP altogether a few years ago when they managed to send me, four times in a row, the wrong air filter for the Saab.

Right part on the website...the one for the N/A 8v...and the 16v one kept appearing on the website. Clown on the desk at the store just said "computer says they're the same..." Irrespective of me holding two filters in front of him that are a good 4" different in height.

Never got a bloody refund either. Still have one of the 16V filters in the garage somewhere I think!

My first choice these days is Motorserv for general stuff (main dealer for the Merc, Lada directly for it), followed by GSF usually for fluids.

I vented spleen about it on here at the time but ECP sent me the wrong windscreen wipers for my Mondeo.  Well, more accurately they sent me the ones i'd ordered, which they said were the right ones but weren't.  I don't understand why it returns multiple parts for the same car even though some of them blatantly don't fit.  Its made me doubt everything else on there now.  Not to mention the Head Gasket set for a 205 GTi that didn't include a friggin head gasket!  Same day delivery though.

Not convinced about their 'flash sales' though, when I wanted a battery, even with 40% off it was the same price as other places charging full whack.