Next Kent meet A249 Northbound: Sun 29th March 1pm

egg

Hey Bob love you too kiss kiss. 

Egg, they can rest here for ages, no problem at all. If you're desperate for them we could meet up 2 metres apart in an isolated car park somewhere and I can roll/throw them the last 2 metres to you. I'm not going to come to the smol meet either.  I sort of assumed we'd probably want to postpone it until the future is rosey again. 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:13 PM, Christine said:

Yep, going down Detling Hill flat out is an experience!  Brakes kinda fade at the bottom .. Stuboy will be ok as he has an R.S. airbrake on the back

I grew up in Maidstone - know Detling Hill well and exactly what you mean about the descent (towards Maidstone), looks easy until you attack it at speed then it's easy to run out of road, brakes, talent and luck as a few friends of mine did back in the mid-80's, ending up in the scenery.

11 minutes ago, PiperCub said:

grew up in Maidstone - know Detling Hill well and exactly what you mean about the descent (towards Maidstone), looks easy until you attack it at speed then it's easy to run out of road, brakes, talent and luck as a few friends of mine did back in the mid-80's, ending up in the scenery.

It's a very cheeky speed camera at the bottom, you build momentum - so sticking to the 50 can be tricky if you're unfamiliar with it.

15 hours ago, robinmasters said:

Jade? There's signs with a girl's name on near the bridge. 

Yes, there's actually a wiki on it. Seems the speed cameras came first and then the bridge. There's certainly other A roads in Kent that could do with similar crossings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade's_Crossing

Very sad.

I was born in Maidstone and although my parents moved away when I was two years old, my grandparents lived there until 1979 with assorted aunts and uncles finally passing on in the mid-80s. I do remember quite a bit of the area from that time but Detling Hill escapes me.

Fascinating* I know.