Next Kent meet A249 Northbound: Sun 29th March 1pm

egg

The old aerodrome is now home to the County Show and various other events, and a property auctioneer. Local legend has it that old cars including a Rolls Royce were used to obstruct the runway in case of foreign invasion.

It is (or was when I lived in Maidstone) the Kent county showground with an industrial estate (including a breakers yard at one time IIRC) and there used to be an HGV school there too. 

My dad who was also Maidstone born and bred told me it was a WW2 fighter station during the BoB as he was a lad then, but like many such small dispersal airfields, it closed after the war. Don't know about any bunkers or a control tower but wouldn't surprise me as they'd have been expensive to totally remove during decommissioning. 

Mrs Stu's Focus and your Focus 'would like to meet' tho GM?

A MK1 and MK2... in all their glory.

I must state, for the record, that the Focus belongs to Lady Grumpius.  I have very little jurisdiction over it, except for getting a shovel and emptying it of receipts and sandwich packets every six months or so.

We should do one in the evening in the summer.

Find somewhere where the JDM boys meet in their hotted up Civics and line up opposite in a selection of base model forgotten hatches.

“Fast and Furious 9 - Cambelt Roulette”

It is (or was when I lived in Maidstone) the Kent county showground with an industrial estate (including a breakers yard at one time IIRC) and there used to be an HGV school there too. 

My dad who was also Maidstone born and bred told me it was a WW2 fighter station during the BoB as he was a lad then, but like many such small dispersal airfields, it closed after the war. Don't know about any bunkers or a control tower but wouldn't surprise me as they'd have been expensive to totally remove during decommissioning.

Detling used to get hammered as when the BOB started and the Luftwaffe target was airfields, Detling was easy to get to.

When the battle changed and London became the target, bombers driven back from London would fly over Detling on the way out to dump any used ordnance there. I bet there are still a few 500kg bombs sitting under the Kent fields. There must be, it’s not unusual to still locate UXBs in British and German cities so fields and villages which have seen far less development and digging must be hiding all sorts still.

Bombshite. Your unexploded Nazi ordnance is our concern

Indeed, and If 'Monty' goes up...we're all doomed.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151027-the-ticking-time-bomb-of-the-thames

If this happened, the consequences could be catastrophic. Some analyses – as reported in the New Scientist in 2004 – suggest that spontaneous detonation of the entire cargo would hurl a column of debris up to 1.8 miles (three kilometres) into the air, send a tsunami barrelling up the Thames and cause a shock wave that would damage buildings for miles around, including the liquid gas containers on the nearby Isle of Grain.

It’s a scenario that keeps many, including local historian Colin Harvey, awake at night. “The remit area for the explosion would be from Margate to the centre of London,” he says. “It would level Sheerness, and a 30 or 40ft wave would breach sea defences. Sheppey’s got a population of 25,000 people. Where would they go?

Find somewhere where the JDM boys meet in their hotted up Civics and line up opposite in a selection of base model forgotten hatches.

Civics? Can we rustle up a few Rover 200s/25s, park them next to a couple of MGFs (VVC kicks in yo) and beat them at their own game?

I'm quite prepared to 'hit my Xantia wiv da stick' (put the suspension on low) to tick the #slammed #stanced box. I'm not fitting a dump valve though.

Has anyone got some of those stickers of a hand doing some sort of shit gang sign?

Civics? Can we rustle up a few Rover 200s/25s, park them next to a couple of MGFs (VVC kicks in yo) and beat them at their own game?I'm quite prepared to 'hit my Xantia wiv da stick' (put the suspension on low) to tick the #slammed #stanced box. I'm not fitting a dump valve though.Has anyone got some of those stickers of a hand doing some sort of shit gang sign?

Redbubble have this - search JDM. Otherwise come up with our own idea and get Vulgalour to do it in Limeflower

THIS IS HOW WE LOCK CRANK PULLEYS YO!1!!!1!1!1!

post-3538-0-86745400-1541800196_thumb.png

The Dirtee South crew would be our nemesis

post-20084-0-18897600-1541800626_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-71753700-1541800660_thumb.jpg

Morrison's car park in Canterbury is where the Dirtee South lot meet.  Otherwise, we'll just have to check with StuBoy...