Next Kent meet A249 Northbound: Sun 29th March 1pm

egg

There are (a very few) things which should take priority over shonky old cars; hopefully Mrs Maximus is feeling better.

Nice to see you all again.  Sorry I had to shoot off... bit frustrating as I really needed a coffee at that point!

I did get some pictures, I haven't had a chance to look through them yet but will pop them up when I have.

Sorry I missed the meet, it would have been good to put some faces to the names - you never get what you expect :)

I've got a shonky excuse note signed allegedly by DSdriversmum cos I have just been in hospital having new brackets welded onto my exhaust system (hernia repair) and am forbidden to drive for a fortnight or do any heavy lifting for six weeks.

When's the next meet?

Sorry I missed the meet, it would have been good to put some faces to the names - you never get what you expect :)

I've got a shonky excuse note signed allegedly by DSdriversmum cos I have just been in hospital having new brackets welded onto my exhaust system (hernia repair) and am forbidden to drive for a fortnight or do any heavy lifting for six weeks.

When's the next meet?

I've had one bracket done, not a lot of fun, you have my sympathies!

Let's try in November as Rob suggests.

A good few years ago , I suppose I was about 18 - 20  , you could get into the old Aerodrome up at Detling .The gates were busted open and the fence was down .Derelict ... Is it still there or has it been built on? I took my 210 gearbox kart up there and raced my mate around  the tarmac loop. He had a Dolly Sprint. It was a  bit scary ,running next to a car at stupid speed .... Then the Police arrived,  blues and two's and that ,   :shock: and we got into trouble.. :-(  There was dug outs, bunkers  and a control tower if I recall ?

edit :  I'll take a look on Google streetview !

edit edit : Bah, the aerodromes still there ,and the loop :-D , and loads of industrial units ,probably with security  :-(  :-(

18th November seems reasonable to me, I can’t think of anything I may or may not have planned.

Might be in the missus infernal Fiat 500x again. One of the few occasions where having the newest vehicle in the car park is a source of shame rather than one upmanship.

Is there such a thing as one downmanship?

• 4 weeks later...