Shiters, Average chod-age? Where on the spectrum are you

HMC

To echo what others have said, twenty years old seems to be a good age for a daily driver, the two Skodas being 1992 and 98. That would give an average of 23.

But then there are my 'toys'. The Triumph is 9 months younger than me and the bus four years older at 1964 which skews the average to around 37.5 which anywhere else would be impressive but I've already been well and truly beaten here.

Even when I started driving I was bombing about in twenty year old Triumph saloons so I think that is the right age.

I've only got the one car and it's 16. Agree with others, at 15-20 you're usually saving something from the scrappy rather than buying a 'proper' classic, which suits me just fine

I tell myself I've bought a future classic instead.

The Puma I just sold probably is one, even if it was crispy in the usual places.

ZR                        13

ZT                         13

ZT                         14

25                          14

ZT                          15

75                          15

75                          15

DEFENDER           16

DISCO                   19

R8                          26

P6                          43

P6                          44

P6                          54

Average  =  23.15 yrs. I'm 49 so just under half my age!

• 2 months later...

After years with only one car: it was 17 years old when I got it, I went all "modern" with a few some four to ten years younger. By the time I bought them they were still classics though. ;)

About five years ago I started buying old, but not historic tax cars, but now seem to be drifting back to tax-free motors.

Current fleet 62, 65, 74, 76, 78, 79, 80, 03, so 56, 53, 44, 42, 40, 39, 38, 15 gives an average age of 40 years. ;)

Currently one thirteen year old, which I think most bona fide classics where considered to be such at that age (or a 23 year old MG B was considered a classic already)? Clealy an old, Cat-N C4 is never going to be a classic and will probably be run into the ground before getting fragged.

My heart has always been late 80s/early 90s.

1965 Imp, 1972 GT6, 1987 Visa & 1998 Jaguar gives me an average age of 37.5*.

I'm over 40 but the doctor gave me a fitness age of late 20's at my heath assessment recently.

I have to say that it was a bit unnerving that he told me in the middle of my prostate examination though.

*Edited after looking at my sig after I posted. and seeing the Visa is 87 and the in 65

46yrs ('72 1100)

44yrs ('74 MGB)

10yrs ('08 TT)

8yrs ('10 A4)

Average of 27yrs.

I'm 32, so I need to do better. Easiest way to correct I guess will be to just buy more older cars?

doing some quick maths the solution to your problem as with most of your other problems it seems, would be to get rid of the TT  :mrgreen:

(46+44+8=98 98/3=32 :) )