WBOD get in early. Diesel MG ZS

95 quid Peugeot

I recently purchased the ZS for Mrs 95's son following demise of his V70 in a Norfuck ditch

I've just bought the ex Bramz/ ChrisJvm Citroen c5 which suits his yoof kayak needs better

MG is now redundant, we've my 406 which can be used as pool car for us all

Good points

Diesel,thrifty,suprisingly brisk, lowish miles 84k I recall.

MOT Jan 19, really tidy alloys decent tyres

Bad points.

Nearside rear door handle borked

drivers seat bolster suffering from MG wear (tidy tape repair)

Since handing it over to him drivers window a bit out on runners. Still goes up and down but apparently needs guiding into seal on last bit of closing

There's a small imperfection on rear bumper

Stowmarket Suffolk

£295

post-20451-0-63664000-1536264836_thumb.png

These are actually a decent steer.  The best generation of diesel IMHO - modern enough to be decently powerful and economical, but old fashioned enough not to be plagued by DMF, DPF, Adblue, hypersensitive common rail injectors etc.  They will even cope with the EGR being blanked off without the EML throwing a hissy fit.  Fit SDi injectors and wind the boost up to 19psi for additional go.  Mine was superb in the Beast from the East last winter, although mine does have an LSD.

I had a pretty much identical one of these about 2 years ago, it had some 'tweaks' and it really was a decent car. Frugal but surprisingly quick for what were some fairly minor tweaks carried out one afternoon. They're a really good engine these L-Series units.

Absolute bargain for the price, if I hadn't bought the ZX as a winter daily then I would be on my way to get this right now as it ticks a lot of boxes for me. It won't hang around long that's for sure.

N.B - would be interested in some Roffle tickets if it went that way.