Maurice thousand to go. FREE MOTORING.

Crooner

I can only agree with the fact that they are a hoot to drive. As to not wanting to use it all the time, I can honestly say that it’s a much nicer car by using it, Those little bushes on the clutch lever were well worn when I changed the clutch. That is one of the nice things about a Minor, me and my mate started to do the clutch at 10 in the morning, found a list of worn and broken bits whilst doing it, went to Moss, who had everything in stock, got back and was driving it by 3 o’clock! Try that with your modern!

No, it hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Here are a few more pics of the worst bits. Constructive criticism welcome.

post-24187-0-87508600-1537522449_thumb.jpg

hole under the drivers wing.

post-24187-0-72015900-1537522459_thumb.jpg

Crack in the front wing.

post-24187-0-23091700-1537522465_thumb.jpg

solid floors, and dry still, even in the shite weather.

post-24187-0-98362900-1537522472_thumb.jpg

The worst bit, I suppose. Shocker mount.

post-24187-0-44725400-1537522475_thumb.jpg

post-24187-0-59145200-1537522484_thumb.jpg

If there is anything else you need to know best ringing, as I really don't get on here too often.

07799 497683.

Ta.

Whilst the crustiness is a bit of an issue, for someone who can wield a grinder and a welder A maurice is a very easy thing to repair. Most of the floor and construction is flat sheet, and even if there is curvature, it's generally single meaning if you introduce a clubhammer into your repair toolkit, you're fine.

Even that pulled-out damper mounting looks fairly easily repairable.

I have no qualms about roffling it, but it'd have to be £22 a ticket! Would that work?

With the repair work that is needed, your market is somewhat more limited. I suspect a Roffle is not the right way to go on this. How about Marque-specific forum, or a well-known classics publication? Minors are usually very easy to sell to the right people.

It shouldn't be a problem to move on. I'm not in a desperate rush. I'll still use it over this winter if the 16 isn't finished, as that was what I originally bought it for. I haven't MIG welded before, but I have done a bit of gas in the past. Surely it can be THAT hard to master? Have you seen some of the monkeys who seem able a do it! With the boot and wheels painted it'll go on 'tebay for probably double this. But I just thought I'd offer it on here if someone else wants the fun* of doing it. It really isn't a bad car, and is solid in the important bits. We'll see.

I haven't MIG welded before, but I have done a bit of gas in the past. Surely it can be THAT hard to master?

There's a dedicated welding thread in open forums, but..

Actually, the welding bit isn't the hard bit. The hard bit is all the grinding, cutting, fabricating, folding and general pissing about that is needed for you to have a new bit of metal ready to weld into the car.

Mig Welding isn't too hard, but you absolutely need to have a practice on clean smooth metal first, get the hang of how to identify if you are too hot/cold too fast/slow too much/too little amperage or too high/too low voltage. Once you can weld on the bench, then you can try doing it upside down on your back under a car with spatter spraying in your hair and large gobs of white-hot metal burning holes in your ears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Right. Whilst I'll probably regret this soon, I've decided to further drop the price on this old tub. I'm still driving it everyday, and it will still get me anywhere I want to go, I think I'm going to move it on if anyone is interested. Feel free to come and have a prod and a drive. It really is an alright Minor. It has new tyres, stainless exhaust, alternator, rear seat belts and other bits. It does need the rear legs repairing, but they can be bought as a repair panel for about £35 per side. I have got, and will include a litre of proper mixed brushing coach enamel and TEN full good quality matched aerosols in Trafalgar blue for the repairs. Also front and rear bumper blades with excellent chrome. There is a tidy profit in this car for someone. I'm not going to get chance to do this with all the other stuff that's in the pipeline for this year.

Come and get it at £950.

There, I've said it.