Maurice thousand to go. FREE MOTORING.

Crooner

I bought this in January this year to use whist I did a few jobs on my R16, but I have enjoyed this so much, I have done cock all at the 16. I now really need to do the 16 so I'm going to move this on. When I got it the lady I bought I off was quite keen to tell me how she'd only don 100 miles in it in three years, like it was a good thing. On the drive home the clutch started slipping. Doh. Anyway, I put a new clutch in it and have done a hundred other jobs on it. Now it's in use daily and drives really well( as a scruffy Minor can)

I've really enjoyed fitting bits that ive had haging around for years like a set of rear seat belts, a heated rear window, clock,a Sharp radio cassette, spent way too long fitting discreet speakers, rear spring bushes, new carb jet and needles. I have got a pair of good chrome bumper blades to go with it and a litre of Trafalgar blue brushing enamel to do the bumper plinth, boot lid and touching up around the car.

It doesn't need tax, optional M.O.T( it has one until Nov) and it cars me £25 to and it to my renault policy. You buy this, use it for 12 months and will always get your money back. The plan was to do the bits on it that it needed when the Renault is on the road and sell it at a profit next year. I've just had a big, unexpected bill drop on me, so I'll just see if many of you want it at a shiters rate, otherwise it's back to plan A and stash it over the winter.

I could do with a bit of a tickle with the sparkly stick, but nothing major.

Price £1600

Shiters price £1350.

It's in Manchester.

Unfortunately, I think it would make a pretty dull collection Fred.post-24187-0-03298900-1536262618_thumb.jpgpost-24187-0-03298900-1536262618_thumb.jpgpost-24187-0-77526800-1536262633_thumb.jpgpost-24187-0-61137700-1536262653_thumb.jpgpost-24187-0-15846700-1536262671_thumb.jpgpost-24187-0-75263400-1536262685_thumb.jpg

Such bad timing for me, but what a lovely motor, absolutely perfect!

Even tax free and negligible insurance, I physically can't put it anywhere.

Buy it anyway - I'm sure your GF will find a place it'll go! 

I'm committed to various chod over the coming month - so can't snatch your arm off........ someone keep it in the fold please! Looks a cracker - lovely thing.

I've heard tell what a pleasure Minors are to drive, rack and pinion and a nice light clutch I guess? Is the clutch hydraulic?

Mechanical rod linkage to clutch, pedal can seize up on the clutch/brake cross shaft.

Can fall apart as one end of the operating rod fits to the gearbox and the other end fits to the chassis. Rubber mountings flex.

Used to find it easier to take the engine out to do the clutch rather than faf about with the box.

This one looks like an excellent example of a Minor; great from a few feet away, but not too nice so you're scared to use it.

As noted several times, they're great fun to tool around in. I took mine out this week to go to the tip, 6 miles away. 30 miles later I returned home, de-stressed and smiling 8)

as if by magic, i've blown the clutch on the Rover 75........

however, i'm not sure i could live with myself if i was to pound up and down from Nottingham ever week in this. mind most cars DESERVE better than to be owned by me :-(

they are great fun to drive, as other members have said.

and such friendly little motors to look at, GLWS!

That’s the most appealing Minor I’ve seen in a long time. Mainly because it looks so honest.

The increase in values of these over the last 10-15 years means 99% of the ones I see now are show ponies. Nothing wrong with that, but I always think of Minors as being the charming old runabout you can pick up and run for not much cash.

This one simply looks like someone’s faithful old car, and I completely mean that as a compliment.