2003 Mazda 323 - Silver + roof rack - MOT Until Feb '19 - £200

SmokinWaffle

Hello!

First thread here, everyone here seems like nice chaps and ladies. I love a shitey car so it's right up my street.

Got a friend at work who was going to scrap this but I convinced her to keep it on her drive for another week and give me a chance to give it a good home before it's weighed in

Not got any pictures but it's essentially exactly the same as this, this or this.

Reg is WG52 KUK

Had some patches for the last MOT (as you can see from the MOT history), MOT tester said it's a bit corroded underneath and that's all she knows. Current MOT has one advisory for rear inner sills. 107k or so. 5 speed manual.

Has a roof rack too which she can't seem to get off so it'll come with that. She has driven it to work every day for a few years, never let her down, typical jap having a reliable engine but being made of cheese in places. Drives fine, probably has some sort of nice interior. Who knows, i've only seen it in passing.

Pics:

IMG_20180906_095254.jpg

IMG_20180906_095556.jpg

IMG_20180906_095601.jpg

IMG_20180906_095618.jpg

If it's not sold by Friday/weekend it'll be weighed in

It is what it is, it ain't what it ain't. I figure with 5 months MOT (expires Feb 1st) it'll do someone a turn.

£200- Maybe a roffle if there is enough interest but I doubt it.

Located in Chatham, Kent.

This may just fit a requirement I have at this moment in time....

few piccies would be of interest

I'll try and get some tomorrow, will have to be collected sharpish though.

£200 five months MOT, £100 minimum scrap, cost £20 PCM.

Bargain for someone,

Indeed. If someone can get some use out of it, that's what it's all about!

Really doesn't look too bad in the cheerily Net 1.0 pics - about what I'd expect for a Mazda of that age, rust-wise, regardless of how well it'd been looked after.

I'd like to think that someone could make use of this for £200, since it's still got a fair bit of MOT left - although rumours that it's harder to shift a cheap car via Gumtree/Facebook ads than a dear one appear correct - so I can appreciate why the owner might sooner just ring the yard to come and collect than deal with an endless parade of "80 2nite pal" and "only interested if full main dealer service history & all receipts" type enquiries from the Great Unwashed.

Best of luck; trying to save a shitter is rarely a hugely rewarding undertaking but well done for having a bash!

I like it, but scraping by financially at the moment*, and the Mini hasn't quite given up yet, so I'm out - unless it roffles.

*I know it's only 200 quid, but you have to figure in collecting etc too - and although Kent is near me, it's a bugger to get to on public transport!

Really doesn't look too bad in the cheerily Net 1.0 pics - about what I'd expect for a Mazda of that age, rust-wise, regardless of how well it'd been looked after.

I'd like to think that someone could make use of this for £200, since it's still got a fair bit of MOT left - although rumours that it's harder to shift a cheap car via Gumtree/Facebook ads than a dear one appear correct - so I can appreciate why the owner might sooner just ring the yard to come and collect than deal with an endless parade of "80 2nite pal" and "only interested if full main dealer service history & all receipts" type enquiries from the Great Unwashed.

Best of luck; trying to save a shitter is rarely a hugely rewarding undertaking but well done for having a bash!

Yeah - I've only asked friends and put it on here as I know nobody will mess me about. Haven't got time for the chancers of facebook and Gumtree offering me a broken PS3 controller and a pit bike. It's mainly going as she needs the room on her drive! Thank you for the kind words :-)

I like it, but scraping by financially at the moment*, and the Mini hasn't quite given up yet, so I'm out - unless it roffles.

*I know it's only 200 quid, but you have to figure in collecting etc too - and although Kent is near me, it's a bugger to get to on public transport!

Well....if I can get a roffle fully paid up in a day or so and collected I'd do it but I doubt that's even possible!

Happy to give you a lift for petrol money if you change your mind. Might even be able to scrape the price a little more. PM me if you wanna make it work. I'm a reasonable chap  :-D

Huzzah!

Fingers crossed the collection all goes to plan; in best Bangernomics tradition there appears to be life in the old dog yet. Let's hope someone's netted themselves a reliable old heap for not that much outlay.

Keep us informed - I think it's threads like these that give some of us hope we can move on our own rancid rotboxes when the time comes...

Huzzah!

Fingers crossed the collection all goes to plan; in best Bangernomics tradition there appears to be life in the old dog yet. Let's hope someone's netted themselves a reliable old heap for not that much outlay.

Keep us informed - I think it's threads like these that give some of us hope we can move on our own rancid rotboxes when the time comes...

It was to a semi-dodgy car trader who was an hour late but nonetheless, cash ish cash and I got more than I would if I scrapped it.

I kicked one of the sills when I went to see it too (for the first time) and it just crumpled into dust so it might have been worse than I thought!