What happened to your Roffle win car.

Crusty Sills

I won this from @320touring back in February. It had no MOT but it went straight through, needing only a wheel bearing, a new one of which was in the glove box. I cut about in it for a few months, had the belts and waterpump changed and tidied it up a bit. I also fixed some water ingress into the drivers footwell and replaced a door seal. 

It's been a great car and it has provided my family and I with a lot of fun.

I even got a private plate for my 40th which I think suits it well.

IMG_20190810_102053_068.jpg

On 9/5/2018 at 10:56 PM, phil_lihp said:

My one and only roffle win to date was a blue Suzuki Swift and I cannot even remember who from.  I do recall I sold it to Mr Moog without ever laying eyes on it, he had a couple of months and then I think it failed its MOT due to being mostly made of bran flakes.  

The ex-RobT beige Rover 214 of many previous roffles which I swapped the above 220SLi for with JohnK after my second stint of ownership (do try to keep up at the back there) got re-roffled once more when I'd finished with it and was won by Angry Sheep who passed it on to of his mates, who collected it from me while I was out.  Unfortunately, he only managed about 10 miles in it before one of the brake calipers seized solid.  Fortunately a local garage sorted out the issue and he finished his long drive home successfully, no idea what happened to it after that though and I think it's out of MOT now.

post-5492-0-00301400-1482525908.jpg

If the 220SLi comes up for roffle again, I will be honour-bound to buy a few tickets.  I got quite attached to the old crate over my two ownership periods.  

‘Twas me the Swift came from. Moog picked it up from a car park. I never got to meet him!

8 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Hows your v8 BMW?

Tidy! Got the water issues sorted, was just a leak on the pipe into the heater matrix.

not many nasties have revealed themselves, other than that it has been “decatted” by someone hollowing out the cats and welding them shut again. Not a massive issue now given it’s got test til  end June, but it will be then.

Other than that it’s very nice.

It’ll likely be for sale soon as a letter from my landlord landed on my doormat on Friday telling me he’s selling my flat, so I need to pull together a deposit for a new place fairly sharpish.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:39 AM, NorthernMonkey said:

Although I did take brief custody of the ranting yoof S60 won by the aforementioned Moog before giving it to the FiL who loves it. Incidentally the S60 is now sporting the private plate that was on the ex-pollock, ex-me, ex-breadvan Saab convertible that was briefly offered up as a roffle prize before being bought by our former tame barrister type.

Out of interest, is it still on the same rattly clutch that caused me to have issues selling it? :-D 

Won this from @sporty-shite at the tail end of the summer, he brought it down and No1. daughter and me went to @wuvvum to collect Sporty's roffle win, an MX5. This seemed a sensible plan on paper until we found out Wuv lives just East of Vladvostock and the entire length of the A14 image.thumb.jpeg.e58fa6eaa14d5b6113328139c0c87682.jpegwas shut at 9 pm, meaning Sporty didn't get home until it was time to get up again the next day.

Since then the 406 has been completely reliable and said daughter is using it twice a week to commute to Derby ( about 75 miles from us) thus saving wear and tear on the e30 not to mention money on fuel- it's doing 46mpg.

Here it is at my favourite backstreet MoT place 2 weeks ago where it got the green light for another year on the road.

As already posted I won the 106 from Wilson Wilson and sold it to JohnK then I won the forum bike jag back off Bangernomics after I'd sold it to him and then sold it back to him again, it's now owned by Eddie Honda.

No more wins for me as yet despite entering most of them.

I was the indirect beneficiary of flat4alfa's Rover 420 (with hump and cow) roffle, after winner NewPOD said no thanks upon his success. 

A deal was swiftly done within seconds of the bonus ball dropping out of the Lottery machine's arse, and within the week the Nightfire dream machine was wrenched from flat4alfa's grasp, tears in his eyes, and hooned up the M1 back home. Car won't be going anywhere as it's my all time fave of the fleet, due to its ever-giving power plant and sumptuous 90s-ness. Stuck it back on its original  L-reg plate shortly after getting it.

IMG_20190420_193714538.thumb.jpg.991ff2443a3ab18d98e5d7d09bd478f4.jpg

My first bona fide roffle win was snagglepuss' Rover 820, a couple of weeks back. Undecided on it so far, gonna give it a few more months 'bonding time', but really wasn't in the market for another 90s Rover saloon, if truth be told.  Is a lovely old thing though and looks gr9, and I do feel like a middle-aged executive in it. Also has a winning reg number

IMG_20191109_155822_7.thumb.jpg.e64e6508840a4bbbad8cf0ef7a51dbd3.jpg

1 hour ago, rantingYoof said:

I've also roffled a silver Omega shed on here which went to @Brodders. If I'm not mistaken it was such a wreck that I think he's had no choice but to bridge it. :-D 

Nah, it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately the head gasket let go not long after getting it, but it was still a very nice barge and came in rather useful for a few weeks when some renovation work was going on. It was probably up there with the Safrane in terms of comfortable velour seats, however it wouldn't have been an economically viable repair.

After that, I sold it to some "members of the travelling community" who I believe used the gearbox out of it to rescue another Omega, so it did have a happy-ish ending. And I kept the leather wallet for keeping some of the invoices safe for one of dad's other Omegas

6 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I see the ex-Bollox Rover ran out of MOT a year ago. Whatever happened to it? 

Still here and needing a load of TLC as alluded to above.  I've got the exhaust bits and have a reasonable quote to fix the screen and would have got around to it if it hadn't stopped running within days of the MOT running out ?.

Hopefully it'll be something simple but I don't want to dismantle anything till it's running again.

It's also not at the top of the repairs list as I'd like to get the Dacia and 405 back on the road first.

44889775685_d1264520cf_c.jpg£15 car by srblythe, on Flickr

I gave the Avensis I won over a year ago to my dad, he's still using it regularly.

48963898402_83dc8d1cb0_c.jpgRJC_2283 by srblythe, on Flickr

On the way home from collecting the Yaris T-sport I swapped it for a classic Saab 900 with no mot in the borders and drove that home instead.

48963175158_29912291c6_c.jpgRJC_2306 - Copy by srblythe, on Flickr

The Saab went through its mot without issue and has been put into regular use. The guy who got the Yaris sold it on to someone else who seems to think it had a bent mot and was rotten as a pear on the inner and outer sills.

49111364886_1f01db9d43_c.jpgRJC_2488 by srblythe, on Flickr

The Mini Cooper I won stayed with me for a few days until I found something suitable to swap it for.

49143052677_82c06cc3ca_c.jpgRJC_2595 by srblythe, on Flickr

I swapped it for a 205 auto with a guy in Edinburgh.

49148459467_a19dcce75c_c.jpgRJC_2659 by srblythe, on Flickr

I then drove it to Wick and swapped it for a 5 door D-turbo.

5 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Still here and needing a load of TLC as alluded to above.  I've got the exhaust bits and have a reasonable quote to fix the screen and would have got around to it if it hadn't stopped running within days of the MOT running out ?.

Hopefully it'll be something simple but I don't want to dismantle anything till it's running again.

It's also not at the top of the repairs list as I'd like to get the Dacia and 405 back on the road first.

Rover will be the manky rotor arm I stuck in it to get me out the shit , plugs are new 

8 hours ago, rantingYoof said:

Out of interest, is it still on the same rattly clutch that caused me to have issues selling it? :-D 

Yep. Still a faint rattle if you listen carefully but it doesn’t seem to have got any louder over the last 12k Miles.

It’s had a set of Kumho tyres a couple of months ago but that’s been about it really ?

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:38 AM, stripped fred said:

I've just seen this! I'm glad you got so e use out of it. It was a nice car and I can see why 406's were popular. Fast enough with the 90hdi engine, comfortable and roomy. I can't remember the reg as it would be interesting to know if it's still going, but I doubt it.

Was it the one you bought off me?

Y496HRB PEUGEOT 406

Check another vehicle

Colour Red

Fuel type Diesel

Date registered 20 July 2001

MOT expired on 12 December 2017

406.jpg

I think I may have mentioned the purple Volvo S40, that could have been a nice car, a bit sad cosmetically but not too bad. I think I sold it to someones dad as a stop gap smoker, sadly I think it shat something steering related, possibly a pump??

I've mostly forgotten what I have roffled, I'd quite like to have my green MGF back in an ideal world but doubtful. The Astra estate was quite nice but the carb was beyond my fixing ability and I think that the insurance company didn't like it (maybe).