What happened to your Roffle win car.

Crusty Sills

I think my first win was the ZX estate from Ruffgeezer, which I used for a while before roffling on to KruJoe. Last I heard, M'Coli had this.

Won Alfa 156 from 320T. Sold to some backstreet "trader" sort locally. Probably now fragged.

Won a Merc SLK, but can't remeber who from (sorry!). Swapped that for a Mini, and it was sold on.

Won the Jag from Fat Pirate, roffled on to Tickman, and then on still.....

I think that's all of them.

I won a lovely old Honda in a raffle that had seized brakes and no MOT.  It was a great car once sorted but I was inconvenienced by it only having two doors and it was strangely obscene on insurance.  I used it for around 6 months then swapped it for a 27" iMac when my home PC broke.   

I've conducted quite a few and entered lots but still never won one.

I even failed to win the Samara at SF'15 or '16, despite people buying up tickets for me all over the shop, just to have a laugh when I tried to take it back to Bulgaria. That one was almost worth losing though just to see JohnK's Samara/Cortina A-frame train setting off up to the North East.

Just one here, the Vel Satis from chodweaver which provided sterling service for 6 days before being sold to the Moog in a motorway service area car park.

Although I did take brief custody of the ranting yoof S60 won by the aforementioned Moog before giving it to the FiL who loves it. Incidentally the S60 is now sporting the private plate that was on the ex-pollock, ex-me, ex-breadvan Saab convertible that was briefly offered up as a roffle prize before being bought by our former tame barrister type.

I also briefly thought I’d won the recent Jag roffle whilst sat in the Glossop ‘spoons with Moog whilst collecting his Rover 800. I was watching the draw live on you tube and saw my number drop out of the machine....unfortunately, I’d miscounted and it was the sixth ball, not the seventh. Almost choked on my empire burger....

I even failed to win the Samara at SF'15 or '16, despite people buying up tickets for me all over the shop, just to have a laugh when I tried to take it back to Bulgaria. That one was almost worth losing though just to see JohnK's Samara/Cortina A-frame train setting off up to the North East.

NNP2RLO.jpg

What happened to said Samara in the end? Last seen at Errol auctions IIRC where those journalists ragged it and pissed FOAD off. It's now SORN but the MOT has only just expired.

Just one here, the Vel Satis from chodweaver which provided sterling service for 6 days before being sold to the Moog in a motorway service area car park.

Although I did take brief custody of the ranting yoof S60 won by the aforementioned Moog before giving it to the FiL who loves it. Incidentally the S60 is now sporting the private plate that was on the ex-pollock, ex-me, ex-breadvan Saab convertible that was briefly offered up as a roffle prize before being bought by our former tame barrister type.

Really pleased to know it's in good hands. :-D

HXJyICP.jpg

Winning the ex-Mr_Bo11ox Gooner was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life.

I must have run it for at least a year, but the Romanian guy I flogged it on to was perhaps less thrilled with it as he had it back up for sale within days. For 60% more than he gave me for it, natch.

Current status: Vehicle details could not be found

I think my first win was the ZX estate from Ruffgeezer, which I used for a while before roffling on to KruJoe. Last I heard, M'Coli had this.

Won Alfa 156 from 320T. Sold to some backstreet "trader" sort locally. Probably now fragged.

Won a Merc SLK, but can't remeber who from (sorry!). Swapped that for a Mini, and it was sold on.

Won the Jag from Fat Pirate, roffled on to Tickman, and then on still.....

I think that's all of them.

Sporty, you won the SLK off me !

Wish I still had it !!

Only won one ROFFLE. I think. This ZX from BRAMZ

20170104_131927.jpg?w=662&h=372

Didn't much like it, but managed to sell it locally. New owner seems happy with it. Still on the road. Rare for a vehicle I've sold...

That was probably my favourite ZX. Still the record for most miles in any car I have owned, over 3500. Man, I need to change...

As for roffles, I haven't won any. Probably just as well, I don't need encouragement to buy stuff.

Sporty, you won the SLK off me !

Wish I still had it !!

Of course. Sorry about that. Had some fun in that car, and it was an itch I wanted to scratch, but it just wasn't practical enough. A few weeks after I swapped it, I had a phone call from a girl who'd bought it from the guy I let it go to. regarding spare key or something. Messaged her back a couple of months later, because I'd found the alarm booklet, and she said she ended up selling it a loss because the roof had shit itself!! 

Oh well. 

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to said Samara in the end? Last seen at Errol auctions IIRC where those journalists ragged it and pissed FOAD off. It's now SORN but the MOT has only just expired.

It was mot'd since selling it at the auction, I checked the test location when it was still possible to do so on the mot history website and it was done in Ayrshire so I'm guessing the car is around that area.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Never won - only took part in one...... I keep meaning to set up Paypal properly to do this and take part - but I know I'd end up having to roll absolute crap across the channel with no hope of it returning. I prefer it has a better chance staying 'on the isle' 

that's my story and I'm sticking to it......

I won the ex rantingyoof/Supernaut Lexus and smoked around in it for a while. I was well chuffed, I'd always loved early LS400s but hadn't taken the plunge. 

At one point it was my only car covering 800 odd miles in 1 week. I blame it completely for the fact that my daily driver now is a 4.2 litre V8.

I sold it to 320touring who then passed it on to the mighty dollywobbler where it achieved fame and fortune. Hopefully it's still going well

I think I've run five:

Rover 75 - carlo then cubed (too much fixage for MoT)
Rover 214 8 valve loveliness - spartacus now catsinthewelder
Peugeot 405 - Cavcraft, sold on to carlo's 405 emporium
Astra dizzler - Cavcraft, then choir invisible (I think)
Xantia dizzler - Talbot, having a rest

Participated in many, never won.

After entering and failing to win 58 raffles, on my 59th I finally won.

A lovely, lovely jolly green giant of a Vel Satis, which my fair wife initially hated, especially when I told her she'd be driving it instead of her 944 over the winter months. She has subsequently come to love the car, which is just as well as the 944 repaint appears to have turned into a full blown restoration. 

Original plans called for me to re-raffle the VS in spring 2018, but it looks like it will be staying here for a second winter* and coming up for raffle again Spring 2019. It has been totally reliable apart from minor breakdown's caused unbelievably, by the failure of the heater blower motor and the electronic parking wizard in the boot.

We have great respect for the car, it is a lovely place to sit and is totally under-rated. Milage is now about 261,000.

*this assumes that it gets through a bit of an MOT in the next few weeks.

I won this Beauty* from ruffgeezer.

13f954597363c6573e336fd3d954c12a.jpg

Which I gave to my son to learn to drive in. It shit its clutch almost immediately (but I knew it was on its way out), it rewarded my kind investment of a brand new clutch by shitting its head gasket less than 100 miles later.

I cubed the fucker complete with new clutch.

I then sold ruffgeezer this to get my own back

8078108433dc109806027ea26ead6005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2018 at 10:01 PM, rickvw72 said:

Not a raffle win, but I bought stripped Fred’s old 406 hdi. Was repaired and used for a few weeks until my unit neighbours Honda Accord ran its main bearings.

Was on 225k miles last I know, but bearings starting to go in the gearbox.

They took it on and ran it another 9mths or so.

Last I heard they’d sold it on, and were inundated with fines for speeding and parking.

Probably been seized or dragged by now, sadly.

I've just seen this! I'm glad you got so e use out of it. It was a nice car and I can see why 406's were popular. Fast enough with the 90hdi engine, comfortable and roomy. I can't remember the reg as it would be interesting to know if it's still going, but I doubt it.